Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 03:32 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

What more can be banned? Trucks, knifes, pressure cookers, guns, acid, etc or just ban extremists!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Are we now banning trucks, knifes, guns, sneakers, diapers, Barbie dolls, pressure cookers or can we now agree we need extreme vetting!

Any federal judge banning these orders to extreme vetting should be fired!
Fallacious argument.

Extremists are already banned (and have been), and the vetting is already pretty extreme (has been for a while).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 07:03 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh NOW you want the extreme vetting, but you wont allow the prevention of these people coming here to do that vetting will you? once they get here its too late to vet them.
The original ban was supposed to be temporary, the timeline being floated by the administration was 6-9 months, so its been that. Did they not start the ravamping of the vetting procedures, you realize they didnt have to wait for the ban to be implemented those things are not mutually exclusive.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:07 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,329,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Which reminds me, the US govt needs to quit importing people from other countries.
Please, remind me where americans come from.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:54 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Space ships?

Old 11-03-2017, 09:58 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post

This point has merit on the surface but falls apart on closer examination. This is why I dislike the term "Native American" being used instead of American Indian. I have Indian friends and they call themselves Indian. At any rate both the American Indians and most of all the rest of us are generations past being immigrants. The Indians have more generations than the rest of us but we are all still native to this land.

The problem with new immigration now is that there is an agenda buried in it with those coming from the ME and bringing Islam with them. Islam is NOT a peaceful religion. Their whole existence revolves around either assimilate or kill those who will not accept their faith. It's in the Koran in black and white that it is their duty to spread the Faith by whatever means necessary.

There is a reason that we do not hear any massive dissent from the Islamic population regarding terrorism. Even if they are not actively in support of the jihadists tacit support via tolerance of them remains. Some have come out against the jihadists but that is lukewarm and insincere. I'm in support of the proposal that immigration be merit based. Australia does this as do a lot of European nations. Those who wish to immigrate and become citizens need to have something to contribute other than just their numbers.

Allowing these mass numbers of "refugees" and such the way Germany did and how many would have us do here is ....ill advised, at best. That the jihadists in particular will have infiltrators in serious numbers in those ranks is just a gimme. We can't afford to allow that. If that sounds less than humanitarian oh well. The same principal applies to immigration from South of our border. The jihadists have used the Southern border and the mass numbers of illegals that pour across it to secrete people here as well. They need but be fluent in Mexican Spanish and they can blend right in. And they do, and they have.

The threats that we are facing in these times is far different than any other we have had to face, and our methodology (as part of our strategy) needs to adjust to deal with it. A large part of that strategy has to be clamping down on new immigration. We should not take any "refugees", illegal entry must be beaten back, and general entry should be restricted and those who are allowed in need to be closely scrutinized and their backgrounds sifted through closely. Yes, I'm advocating serious profiling. If it walks and quacks like a duck it probably IS a duck.

A few years ago there was an organized and concerted effort to put a terrorist operation into play in AZ. The target was Fort Huachuca. Infiltrators disguised as Mexican. came across the border. Arms and material caches had been placed at strategic locations in the desert. Small arms, explosives, man portable shoulder fired weapons (RPGs) even uniforms had been placed for them to grab up and go into gear. This was news for exactly 24 hours before the story vanished as if it never existed. The news agencies had reported on it and then there was utter silence.

Gee, I wonder who they got a visit from? Id' say whoever they were, they more than probably were some VERY serious ...representitives...of the federal government. Who made it clear it would be in the newsies best interests to forget about what had happened in AZ. That most Americans can trace their lineage to somewhere else does not have any bearing on what our immigration and border enforcement needs to look like as of right now. None whatsoever. We can ill afford to be wringing our hands with concern for "refugees" and those wishing to immigrate. So sorry. That door only opens with a password now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies