Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 05:33 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Actually that's the first shot at the Mormons I've taken on this site. Not that it matters. I said it. I own it. I offer no apologies. I've seen enough happen that I found ...distasteful...under the auspices of the church that I don't feel any remorse over it.
People who say stupid things like that seldom offer apologies. The cop had absolutely no earthly reason to figure the LDS Church was going to come to his rescue. Hence, your comment was flat out absurd and bigoted.

Quote:
I usually don't let such things slip, but I'm in a mood today. Suffice I to say I have my reasons for being thus....
Yeah, well you and me both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 09:51 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Just as not all liberals are lunatics, only a small percentage of cops are dishonest or corrupt.
No I think pretty much all liberals are lunatics.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:04 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Just as not all liberals are lunatics, only a small percentage of cops are dishonest or corrupt.
The cop in the incident wasn't dishonest or corrupt. His problem was empowerment. He thought he had more power than he actually did.

That didn't make him crazy, either, unless all bullies are thought to be crazy. The guy's power was threatened when his authority was challenged and he used force to show he was still powerful.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:04 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope, and I don’t need’em.

Why are you right wingers so pro authoritarian? Does a cop have to actually hit you over the head for you to “get it” that as an institution, the police are out of fricken control in this country?

Or is it ok as long as they wack those people over the head.

What do you care? Is it your money?

“Excessive settlement!” Geez...no wonder we have all this idiotic talk about Tort Reform!
"Why are you right wingers so pro authoritarian? Does a cop have to actually hit you over the head for you to “get it” that as an institution, the police are out of fricken control in this country? '

Why do YOU care?

Why do YOU believe in the garbage you post and REFUSE to back up your ridiculous claims?

ANYBODY can make a claim.

Why are you so AFRAID to back it up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies