Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 06:34 AM

17,291 posts, read 11,153,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The only people I see promoting white solidarity are red neck white trash types that people don't want for neighbors.
As long as you're being racist, personally I'd rather have a red neck trash type as a neighbor than an inner city thug or an illegal gang banger if I had to choose.

Last edited by marino760; 11-04-2017 at 07:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 07:25 AM

5,085 posts, read 2,018,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
More of the same: Blame whitey. What a big surprise. /sarcasm

Whites are the new 1930s Jews. The US left-wing is using the exact same tactics Hitler and the Nazis used to demonize the Jews. And you have the nerve to accuse others of bigotry.
And on a slightly off-topic sidenote, some wants whites to come back in Zimbabwe.

http://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimbabw...s-say-20171031

I wonder if US left-wing folks and others social justice warriors will react like Trigglypuffs if they see that clip exterpted from the documentary "Empire of Dust" made in 2011?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsa0MT2H4I

Old 11-04-2017, 07:28 AM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
As long as you're being racist, personally I'd rather have a red neck trash type as a neighbor than an inner city thug or an illegal gang banger if I had to choose.
Why do you prefer the redneck trash? I ask this because I've dealt with such types and based things done to me by such persons, they are no different from thugs.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why do you prefer the redneck trash? I ask this because I've dealt with such types and based things done to me by such persons, they are no different from thugs.
It's simple. Personal safety. If I had to live next door to a thug, an illegal gang banger or a redneck, I'd feel safer next door to a redneck. Being a "redneck" by today's definition doesn't make you a violent person. it simply makes you low income white, according to racists here. According to the left wing racists, all you have to do to be a redneck is be white, have a lower than average income and live in a red state.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
It's simple. Personal safety. If I had to live next door to a thug, an illegal gang banger or a redneck, I'd feel safer next door to a redneck. Being a "redneck" by today's definition doesn't make you a violent person. it simply makes you low income and white and according to racists here, means you probably live in a red state.
Well, I live in a red state. I don't have "rednecks" for neighbors. I have southerners, I have country types for neighbors. Not rednecks. A redneck is someone who adheres to the redneck subculture. I do have experience with those who would classified as such, based on a true assessment of such.

This excerpt, and the article for it by Thomas Sowell should give you a better understand of what I'm talking about.

https://townhall.com/columnists/thom...erals-n1301128

Black Rednecks & White Liberals

I went to school with people who embodied and lived up to the redneck culture. Those were often the people calling me the "N" word, telling me they were going to "hang me by the end of their rope". I've also been assaulted a few times by such persons. The last few times the "N" word got screamed at me in public, it was someone who embodied the redneck culture. I've also gone to school with those who had the thug culture in them. I got assaulted and bullied by those persons too. In my experiences, redneck culture and thug culture are the same. Cultures of violence, touchy pride, anti-intellectual attitude, mentality of "you 'dis' me and there will be a fight". Being lower income White doesn't make you a redneck. Attitude and the subculture you adhere to makes the difference.

I don't feel safe around rednecks or inner city thugs.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Well, I live in a red state. I don't have "rednecks" for neighbors. I have southerners, I have country types for neighbors. Not rednecks. A redneck is someone who adheres to the redneck subculture. I do have experience with those who would classified as such, based on a true assessment of such.

This excerpt, and the article for it by Thomas Sowell should give you a better understand of what I'm talking about.

I went to school with people who embodied and lived up to the redneck culture. Those were often the people calling me the "N" word, telling me they were going to "hang me by the end of their rope". I've also been assaulted a few times by such persons. The last few times the "N" word got screamed at me in public, it was someone who embodied the redneck culture. I've also gone to school with those who had the thug culture in them. I got assaulted and bullied by those persons too. In my experiences, redneck culture and thug culture are the same. Cultures of violence, touchy pride, anti-intellectual attitude, mentality of "you 'dis' me and there will be a fight". Being lower income White doesn't make you a redneck. Attitude and the subculture you adhere to makes the difference.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm using what has become the common definition of a redneck according to many liberals here which is simply being white, low income and living in a red state. Read the hundreds of posts throughout CD calling white people rednecks simply because of their income and where they live. Of course you and I both know this isn't the case.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:19 AM

5,034 posts, read 2,244,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
West El Paso is where the white people live. If you are white you want your kids there in school. Don't put them in a mostly latino school which is everywhere except for the west side. Near the army base is in the ghetto in the NE part of town. A quick ride over Transmountain takes you from the NE to the west side.

I lived there for three years. I am white blonde hair blue eyes. Never had more women chasing after me anytime in my life. I enjoyed my time living there. I made a lot of friends there and latinos there think that white people look down at them and are racist. If you get to know them and they see you are not like that everything is fine. But if you perpetuate their stereotypes it won't go well.
They're long gone. Hawaii for two years, then Colorado and Utah. I just thought it was sad that one kid had had someone grab his arms hard enough to leave bruises, and another - only seven years old - didn't have a single friend. I will say, I'm sure it had as much to do with his inability to speak Spanish as his color or race. Still sad that these young kids wouldn't admit someone different than them. Learned, not inherited.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:15 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,847,490 times
Quote:

I grew up in rural PA and I and the few black kids never experienced something as terrible as Southern trailer trash. My area was just low income whites who liked their guns and ATVs. Nothing wrong with that. I prefer them over many suburban types who are up in your business all the time, and call CPS on you if you let your kids have fun by themselves, or call the cops on you because you didn't trim your bushes enough.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more. I'm using what has become the common definition of a redneck according to many liberals here which is simply being white, low income and living in a red state. Read the hundreds of posts throughout CD calling white people rednecks simply because of their income and where they live. Of course you and I both know this isn't the case.
I tend to look at the term "redneck" differently. Where I went to middle school and high school gave me some exposure to this stuff. I went to school with a sizable number of lower income Whites. Many rednecks were indeed lower income Whites. However, most of the rednecks I dealt with were not particularly poor. Many of them were just jerks and violent kids. Nothing to do with income.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:33 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,618,268 times
I grew up with very little money in a neighborhood with less. I knew some jerks that would be now considered "rednecks". Once my body grew up at about 14 or so then they stopped bullying me. This happened after I left a couple of them badly bent and a couple more broken. They left me alone.

The major factor that leads to the connotation of "redneck" is not just a bulling alcoholic personality living in a bulling alcoholic culture but being functionally stupid as well. A "redneck" can be any race, sex or wealth. For instance our President is in all manner a "redneck" despite his education, race. sex and wealth. He is just another redneck bully and colossal jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies