Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 03:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A surveillance camera captured the incident in Beechview more than a month ago. It shows a man walk up to the woman, kick her leg out and punch her in the face, knocking her out cold. The man then walks away from the scene.

The next moments may be more disturbing. One young man walks up to the woman, looks at her motionless body, then pulls out his phone and takes a video. Four more young people do the same.

The source went on to say, “Nobody called 911 to help her.”

The source also said of the group of young people, “They actually come back. A kid lays beside her and takes a selfie.”

A source close to the investigation said the woman ended up lying on the sidewalk until she regained consciousness.
Woman Knocked Out, Witnesses Take Video & Don’t Help « CBS Pittsburgh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyI8nKAFfZY

Can't say I'm surprised. What a shame that this could happen in public and nobody cares.

The victim is a drug addict who as a result of this story got treatment and is apparently doing well. At least there is a bright side to this vile incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 03:38 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Woman Knocked Out, Witnesses Take Video & Don’t Help « CBS Pittsburgh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyI8nKAFfZY

Can't say I'm surprised. What a shame that this could happen in public and nobody cares.

The victim is a drug addict who as a result of this story got treatment and is apparently doing well. At least there is a bright side to this vile incident.
I would have liked to hear what the exchanges was before he attacked her, something seems off since she kept walking towards him. That said, deplorable on all counts, would love it if they could find those walking by after the fact, failure to render aid is a crime and they should be charged, not to mention the phone thief and the original attacker. This is the world we live in folks, might want to prepare yourself.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I would have liked to hear what the exchanges was before he attacked her, something seems off since she kept walking towards him. That said, deplorable on all counts, would love it if they could find those walking by after the fact, failure to render aid is a crime and they should be charged, not to mention the phone thief and the original attacker. This is the world we live in folks, might want to prepare yourself.
The story is a bit confusing in the news link. She possibly knew the attacker through a friend who died from heroin.

Regardless, you can't attack someone.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:53 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,695 times
Typical thug behavior. Let me guess, nobody dint see nuffin.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The story is a bit confusing in the news link. She possibly knew the attacker through a friend who died from heroin.

Regardless, you can't attack someone.
I agree.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:59 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
I did not watch the video. I don't need to, to know it's horrible.

I do not understand how anyone could walk right by a person who was clearly injured or otherwise in distress, much less use that person as a prop for some stupid picture.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
These incidents are increasing again. I hope they all do this to someone who is armed and trigger happy.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:16 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
Whos surprised by this? It happens all the time.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:18 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,594,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Whos surprised by this? It happens all the time.
I am surprised by it, and I hope I never stop.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:21 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Compassion is something the strong exhibit. It arises from empathy which requires courage to experience another's difficulty.

The doctor who is willing to help this woman is the only strong one here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies