Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 10:38 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If, indeed, he lost them, at least he had them to lose, unlike the current inhabitant of the White House.

Flush the toilet!
I did not like a lot of Sanders ideals but he was head and shoulders above Trump and Clinton. What horrible choices in 2016.

And if he had become POTUS he would never gotten anything that he wanted passed so he would have been a harmless president. Also Larry David would have been part of the regular cast of SNL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
You are ignoring pertinent parts, to be fair.

The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.

When the party chooses the nominee, the custom is that the candidate’s team starts to exercise more control over the party. If the party has an incumbent candidate, as was the case with Clinton in 1996 or Obama in 2012, this kind of arrangement is seamless because the party already is under the control of the president. When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Al Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination."

You are reading this as Brazile having a problem with joint fundraising when clearly she doesnt, if she had, this article wouldnt exist because Bernie had an agreement as well and he didnt even become the nominee.

The problem she is mentioning in the aticle is the structure of the agreement. Allowing Clinton and her team final approval on staff. I get why you would be against that. She also mentions that she doesn like that the Clinton campaign took so much money.

I agree with Brazile on the first, Clinton shouldnt be picking staff. But only partially on the second ( its Clinton's money and yes she should help down party candidates, but it is hers, she raised it, not DNC).

Old 11-02-2017, 10:40 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

When I was asked to run the Democratic Party after the Russians hacked our emails, I stumbled onto a shocking truth about the Clinton campaign.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ks-2016-215774

Is this not Donna's "Yes, I am gay" moment? While the basis is correct and this hopefully does throw the last shovel of dirt on the grave of Hillary's political aspirations, she still will not come completely clean.

She knew what was going on well before being asked to take over. It doesn't excuse her cheating to help Hillary and there is still NO proof the Russians stole the emails.

As an aside......my wife is the treasurer of the local High School band boosters. She must provide a financial statement to every officer once a month. Donna can not claim ignorance here.

Dirty.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wasn't Bernie always an independent anyways. He only joined the Democratic party to run for President right?
He was a Democrat when he was running for President. I guess that he didn't like what he saw. So he kissed Hillary's ass in the end, took their money, then did a runner. So much for the people who supported him. Got to hand it to Bernie for thinking ahead.

The Democrat party is getting ready to have a classic battle royal. Who knows who will be left standing. But you can be sure, no Clinton will be harmed by the outcome.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Big difference is Hillary's agreement put all operational control under her domain. Bernie's was simply how his fundraising was split.

It was a brilliant scheme by Clinton. She controlled the DNC and had a virtual guarantee of being the nominee. If you don't see a problem with all this then you really are a hardcore democrat.
I will state this to get it out of the way. I do indeed have a problem with the agreement.

Now that being said, reread the post you are responding to. The person I was responding to says Brazile has a problem with the very existence of an agreement which isnt true. That is what I was responding to.

Also, Clinton did not gaurantee being the nominee. the DNC does not control a single primary, nor would its control if it had it have helped clinton win.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I will state this to get it out of the way. I do indeed have a problem with the agreement.

Now that being said, reread the post you are responding to. The person I was responding to says Brazile has a problem with the very existence of an agreement which isnt true. That is what I was responding to.

Also, Clinton did not gaurantee being the nominee. the DNC does not control a single primary, nor would its control if it had it have helped clinton win.
No I am saying that her Agreement gave her control of finances and staff of DNC before she was nominated. A year before.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:45 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
DNC doesn't need to control those primaries because of the Super Delegates.

Super Delegates picked Hillary. Not the primary voters.

(of course they do completely control the arcane caucus rules that turned it for Hillary in the first place)

Old 11-02-2017, 10:47 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
Your votes don't matter during the nomination process Sanders complained about the super delegates and the rigged system. Dems will get force fed another maybe Biden or a minority...sorry Sanders has no shot

Old 11-02-2017, 10:47 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:

She had the super delegates locked up. She controlled the message of the DNC which helps. And I believe the DNC scheduled the debate dates. Sanders complained they put them when the least amount of people would be watching. If Sanders had a knockout debate performance they wanted the least impact. All these things add up.

And it seems she assumed she would be the nominee from the outset. It was almost like a incumbent presidential campaign.

True no guarantees but if there was ever any candidate close to a guarantee it was Clinton. I don't know how it was in 2008 but she did not want another Obama like candidate to steal why she though was hers.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
DNC doesn't need to control those primaries because of the Super Delegates.

Super Delegates picked Hillary. Not the primary voters.

(of course they do completely control the arcane caucus rules that turned it for Hillary in the first place)
There are 700 superdelegates, and 4000 regular delegates. No one can win the nomination with super delegates alone.

and to be clear, her margin of victory was more than 700. She could have lost every superdelegate and still won.

Super delegates are also not DNC members on a year to year basis, they only exist during the primary and they are mostly elected Democrats from across the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies