Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 08:15 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

This is not a big win for most of us. It may be a marginal tax break for many -- but marginal doesn't help much -- it really doesn't -- and I'm usually a nickel and dime kind of person. Everything counts.

What I think I hate the most -- the way they make it sound like we are all so fortunate to get this deal.

WHAT?

It is marginal at best ...unless your a corporation or you need to wrroy about estate tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 08:18 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,659,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
They're make signs and impede traffic while shouting about the 1% as they demand $15 an hour for a jobs you could train a monkey to do like making coffee or serving tables.
Or mine coal that nobody wants anymore.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:22 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Prop 13 was the biggest culprit in your state
California is a big State... now if you zero in on areas with high cost real estate it will almost always have one of two factors... high paying jobs or unparalleled natural beauty like coastal area.

I was not old enough to have voted for Prop 13 but and thankful each and every day for those that did...

Old 11-02-2017, 08:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Your previous reply had no additional questions; enough with the grandstanding.

Your question is irrelevant if nothing but an attempt at deflection. OF COURSE it enters the economy, the key point being is that it stimulates the economy less than had it been spent, say, at the local hardware store (by hundreds of millions of Americans, in contrast to a tens of thousands of ultra-wealthy investing off-shore).

AGAIN: Read up on the Marginal Propensity to Consume, the Tax Multiplier, fiscal policy, and how it relates to economic expansion. I'm not going to explain to you why stagnant money has less of an affect on the economy relative to the exchange of money between consumers.
Your bashing an economic theory but cant answer such basic questions...

Ive wasted enough time proving you know nothing.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you are enriched by your home increasing in value, why should you be allow d to avoid paying taxes on it?
Because like most things except your home... tax due is at the time of sale.

Never understood why property owners are subject to tax based on opinion of value... crazy.

By definition, real property is unique...

Old 11-02-2017, 08:24 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Let's hope it passes. You didn't have much compassion for the millions of people paying thousands more in health insurance premiums.
Apples to oranges

Old 11-02-2017, 08:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The poster answered your question, and did so very well. The poster laid out the case perfectly.

But worth adding.... if nobody is answering your "points' or questions it might be that they don't value them nearly as much as you do.
No they didnt.. they couldnt provide one single example as to how someone who is rich, and wants to make more money, can do so without putting money into the economy.

maybe you can list me one.. I'll wait..

Old 11-02-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
sounds like Trump does not care about anyone but himself.

Trump is set to reap huge savings through his roughly 500 pass through businesses.

i guess that is why he is so excited, He is likely to live long enough so that his estate pays NO estate tax on his death, and his businesses will now get to pay a much lower rate of 25% on the money he is actually taxed on..

great Tax cut for TRUMP. not so much for working Americans families.. i guess somebody has to pay for his tax windfall.

maybe trump will buy solid gold chairs instead of his gilded chairs.
American has more family business than the big corps...

Going through the business district of my East Oakland neighborhood you would be hard pressed to find much presence of large corp entities... they pulled up stakes and left back in the 1980's... even Walmart pulled out... what we have are many small businesses and many are corps with Mom and Pop ownership.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:30 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is not a big win for most of us. It may be a marginal tax break for many -- but marginal doesn't help much -- it really doesn't -- and I'm usually a nickel and dime kind of person. Everything counts.

What I think I hate the most -- the way they make it sound like we are all so fortunate to get this deal.

WHAT?

It is marginal at best ...unless your a corporation or you need to wrroy about estate tax.
Do you have the link to a Trumps tax plan calculator or are you just saying this? I've tried to find a decent calculator but not one include deductions for 401K / IRA / HSA contributions

Old 11-02-2017, 08:33 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Sweet! Thanks for the link. It looks like we were right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
omg...have you ever looked at the 1040???

lines 7-36 are all your incomes...wages...alimony etc

line 37 end side one of the form...it is you total adjusted gross income

lines 40-43 are the:
ln40 std or itemized deduction
line 41 ..line 38 minus line 40
line 42...your personal exemptions (4k x total in household)
line 43...line 41 minus line 42...this is your taxable income

line 44 see tax table ..... this is the tax owed (based on the taxable income) not based on what you already paid into the system

It's so funny how the media has made so many people tax experts and in lightening speed time lol <sarcasm>... so people like 1grin_g0 thinks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies