Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2017, 07:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,477,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
His pizza may suck -- I'll give you that one. We have 3 local pizza places around here, and all of them serve a better quality product.

But as for his business model..... can you people read an income statement?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PZZA/financials?p=PZZA

2014: annual income of more than $73 million
2015: annual income of more than $75 million
2016: annual income of more than $102 million

And despite the NFL thing, he's wildly profitable so far in 2017 as well.
If that is a 'bad business model"..... I'd like you to tell me a good one.
I'm waiting.

No, and they don't know the difference between publicly whining and reporting to shareholders during an earnings call. They also can't compute that a drop in sales at the top may be no big deal but to the franchisee who is a small business owner, it can be a problem.

All of which is fine if they'd pay attention and perhaps learn something, but they're too damn stubborn to admit they don't know what they don't know.

Hopefully they'll stick to discussing pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 07:28 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,032,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
A real pizza has to be on the thinner side, no thick crust, and must be perfectly foldable. Anything else is an insult
This is correct.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,386,466 times
^ No, it's incorrect. Sicilian pizza and tomato pie can be very good.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:07 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times
Quote:
A real pizza has to be on the thinner side, no thick crust, and must be perfectly foldable. Anything else is an insult
Can't we all just get along? Lol, I like both thin and thick crust pizza (Sicilian and Chicago Deep Dish). It's all good 👍😊

Old 11-05-2017, 02:22 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,638,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Years ago I used to work at Papa John's as a delivery driver. I don't know what they pay the driver per delivery now, but that $2.50 delivery fee does not go to the driver, according the drivers that I have asked. So the company charges you extra for delivery, when most of the business is built on delivery of Pizza; and they don't share that money with the people who actually use their own cars and make those delivery's sounds to me like most typical greedy business nowadays.
So, they don't pay the delivery drivers? Why would they drive for free?

Old 11-05-2017, 02:27 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, they don't pay the delivery drivers? Why would they drive for free?
As an ex-delivery driver, though not for PJ; it generally works like this. The driver gets a tipped minimum wage, which is usually a couple bucks per hour below the normal minimum wage, with tips expected to more than make up the difference. The pizza place charges customers a delivery fee, generally $3 these days. $1 goes to the driver per delivery, for gas and wear and tear on their cars, and the other $2 goes to the business, since the average delivery has a driver outside the store for about 20 mins; meaning they can't be making pizzas, folding boxes, boxing orders, taking phone calls or washing dishes; it pays the store for the time they are paying the driver while they aren't in the store

Old 11-05-2017, 08:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,726,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Pure Trumpism, find someone else to blame for your own flawed product.

https://thinkprogress.org/cheese-cir...-7cbc7aa5f809/

OMG. Some people really have TrumpOnTheBrain. Must be Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,906,888 times
If PapaJohns were left wing, the OP and "think progress" would be blabbering about how great their pizza is. Libs are so easily led.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:10 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,024,056 times
Quote:
To me, Pizza has to be eaten with a fork and knife. If I can lift it up and eat it without intensional, it’s not a pizza. It’s just an opened calzone.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:34 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,445,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
stopped eating his pizza when he announced he would cut employee pay to pay for obamacare.
That sounds like their train of thought...
My business is successful because of my own hard work
My business is failing because of politics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies