Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:55 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Certain types of people take such calls and answer the questions while others don't.

Such phone surveys are incredibly inaccurate on many topics.
Polls are manipulated to promote an agenda.

That same "poll" says about 70% don't want a wall and want the illegals to stay.

It's a poll done by a very left leaning site so of course everything the left promotes is supported by a "majority of Americans".

I take polls with a grain of salt these days..just another piece of propaganda for the uninformed masses.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:56 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Certain types of people take such calls and answer the questions while others don't.

There is some outfit that calls me once a month to answer their issue of the month survey. I lie.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Dude, I found the same thing on a couple of Conservative news sources, I just posted one, go do a search yourself. Attacking the messenger in this case only shows desperation to not have the message heard. It is not like it is exactly Breaking News, most know that the Trumplings will stand by their Leader no matter what he does, trump said so himself and not one minion ever said it was untrue.
Dude, that doesn't matter bro.

Your belief that a person in an office is just as likely to take a phone survey call as a person on the couch watching Judge Judy doesn't actually surprise me.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:58 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
No they don't, only liberals do

Old 11-03-2017, 08:03 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Haha, most definitely!

Fox News crowd isn't exactly the cream of the crop for America, though. Mostly low-IQ folks.
And intelligent people know that IQ means nothing.

IQ doesn't make one smart: Why a high IQ doesn't mean you're smart | Yale School of Management

Quote:
I'm sure you'd like me not bringing up how much influence media has over people.
You wouldn't even think it would be necessary to bring it up at this point, but then again, some people, despite their IQ just seem slower than others!

Quote:

You are exactly right! https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...gly-inaccurate

I do wonder if Obamaphones were issued and those listings (which one must agree to having their numbers sold if they accept the phone) in order to use them for polling, that's about how pathetic the results have looked over the last 18 months anyway. We don't answer unfamiliar numbers, google them and report them since we are on the no-call list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
much of what many people believe in this country has been spoon fed to them by a trump hating media.
I do believe that behind the scenes, it is more than the liberals/Dems feeding the media. I think the extreme religious right want to see Pence in power to move their agenda forward. I think the public is really being manipulated and this false polling is only a part of it.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:06 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha Fake News

WAPO & ABC simply polled 1000 people by calling random telephone numbers.

There was no scientific sampling at all.

But then again we are talking about the purveyors of fake news too.
Then here are some facts for you, Kitty. Donald Trump has been involved in over 3500 court cases in his life, an unprecedented number for a president. Hell, it's an excellent record for a retired trial attorney. He was accused by the Justice Department of violations of the Fair Housing Act for racism when choosing tenants for his rental properties way back in 1973. NYC then filed a lawsuit against Trump for more rental violations.

Trump was sued by a businessman for defamation of character (imagine that). He filed bankruptcy three times. He has been sued for sexual harassment, and his ex-wife even accused him of rape. He was also sued by the German state attorney for accounting fraud. He has been sued by Deutsche Bank for failure to repay a $640 million loan he promised, and been sued for unpaid legal fees. There have been thousands of other lawsuits besides ranging from tax evasion, failure to pay employees for services rendered, sexual harassment, securities fraud, loan nonpayment, etc. . . I could go on, but it would fill a book. Oh, and where's the $1 million he promised to the victims of Hurricane Harvey?

This is the character of the man you are such a cheerleader for. That says as much about you as it does about Trump.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:07 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not surprised.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ru...PtT?li=BBnb7Kz

Nearly half of Americans believe President Trump likely committed a crime related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, according to a new poll published Thursday.

Of the 49% of Americans that think Trump likely acted illegally, 30% hold the belief on suspicion alone while 19% think there's already solid evidence to back it up
So what? Half of America thought Obama was born in Kenya. Should we have impeached Obama based on polls?

Hmmm?

Old 11-03-2017, 08:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not surprised.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ru...PtT?li=BBnb7Kz

Nearly half of Americans believe President Trump likely committed a crime related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, according to a new poll published Thursday.

Of the 49% of Americans that think Trump likely acted illegally, 30% hold the belief on suspicion alone while 19% think there's already solid evidence to back it up

So what?
Half of the country can barely get out of bed and run their own lives !

Old 11-03-2017, 08:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Then here are some facts for you, Kitty. Donald Trump has been involved in over 3500 court cases in his life, an unprecedented number for a president. Hell, it's an excellent record for a retired trial attorney. He was accused by the Justice Department of violations of the Fair Housing Act for racism when choosing tenants for his rental properties way back in 1973. NYC then filed a lawsuit against Trump for more rental violations.

Trump was sued by a businessman for defamation of character (imagine that). He filed bankruptcy three times. He has been sued for sexual harassment, and his ex-wife even accused him of rape. He was also sued by the German state attorney for accounting fraud. He has been sued by Deutsche Bank for failure to repay a $640 million loan he promised, and been sued for unpaid legal fees. There have been thousands of other lawsuits besides ranging from tax evasion, failure to pay employees for services rendered, sexual harassment, securities fraud, loan nonpayment, etc. . . I could go on, but it would fill a book. Oh, and where's the $1 million he promised to the victims of Hurricane Harvey?

This is the character of the man you are such a cheerleader for. That says as much about you as it does about Trump.

Trump did come through with the money for Harvey.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:45 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think the public is really being manipulated and this false polling is only a part of it.
I agree. And I think it's being done by both parties because Trump is an outsider and he's rocking both of their boats.

DC is a "closed club" and they don't want any outsiders knowing their secrets.

Trump is not part of their club. He's not a career politician.

They are all squirming..both D's and R's and I'm certainly enjoying the show watching them make fools of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies