Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 02:40 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Taking history out of context!

BTW from what I've read, it was black people who enslaved other black people and then sold them to white people.

I'd bet the farm, that in time when we have the tech to grow/print animal muscle (without the rest of the animal) and/or alternative protein, people alive today will be vilified as enslaving and murdering animals. History will view us right up there with the slave owners. Some will view us as worse due to the sheer volume of animals we enslave and murder.
White people enslaved white people, I mean indentured servants.

Just because they sold off slaves for goods, does that mean it was right to subject them to one of the most brutal slavery trades ever documented?

I mean hey my friend sold me her dog, let me beat it up and kill it. its her fault for selling it to me

Old 11-03-2017, 02:41 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post

Just because they sold off slaves for goods, does that mean it was right to subject them to one of the most brutal slavery trades ever documented?
That would be slavery during the Roman Empire. Also lasted far far longer than slavery in North America.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:41 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
My version of history included whatever was in our school history books before I got a clue and took history courses in college. And didn't get the middle school version of Columbus and the civil war for starters.

PBS has a history lesson for you

African-American Migrations, 1600s to Present | The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross | PBS
Whigh college courses?

Evil Europeans 101
Advanced Studies in Evil Whites 201

Please tell me that you audited The History Of The White Devil

Old 11-03-2017, 02:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Oh, let's not forget that after Africans captured and enslaved their fellow blacks, a large chunk of them were bought by Hispanics and transported to be sold in many nations besides just America.

(for those who believe Hispanic means Mexican, I suggest you do a Google search before replying to this)
not only that, but

Well over 90 percent of enslaved Africans were imported into the Caribbean and South America. Only about 6 percent of African captives were sent directly to British North America.

but the bozos only single out america.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:43 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Huh?

It's been like that for a long time, come on now.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:45 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
LOL. Only took about 40 posts before yall started talking about black people. That's how long it takes OP.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. Nope.

White people put Obama in office twice. Lesson that White Guilt led to nothing good and there's nothing else to be guilty about.

Now if you want to see triggered, raise a Confederate battle flag. lol
Wow i didnt know white people were the only ones who voted. Could it have also been the large percentage of black and latino voters as well?

I didnt say all white people are racist, i am just simply bringing up history. For some reason, triggered to talk about the past when this post was about the past.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:48 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
White people enslaved white people, I mean indentured servants.

I mean hey my friend sold me her dog, let me beat it up and kill it. its her fault for selling it to me
Yeah, I'm sure the blacks enslaving other blacks did so gently and only with their full cooperation. Probably on a voluntary basis! Hey guys, who wants to be a slave, sold at auction? Yes, you there sir and what about your wife and daughter?

All you want to do is vilify the white man, but ignore the facts and context.

BTW, you're so lost if you don't know the difference between a pet and a slave.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:49 PM

Im still trying to figure out how that negates America's slavery

Old 11-03-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the blacks enslaving other blacks did so gently and only with their full cooperation. Probably on a voluntary basis! Hey guys, who wants to be a slave, sold at auction? Yes, you there sir and what about your wife and daughter?

All you want to do is vilify the white man, but ignore the facts and context.

BTW, you're so lost if you don't know the difference between a pet and a slave.
Im trying to figure out how this negates American slavery

This oh well, he did it so i did too. I don't get how that ties into anything I said about American History.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies