Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM

662 posts, read 491,903 times

Advertisements

No serious question.

There is so much of this stuff going around nowadays (racial divide, People getting offended so easily, etc,.) in this country It makes me wonder how long until people start saying that it is racist for white people to take pride and be proud of their Ancestors and their Accomplishments?

I think people who do Family History and Genealogy should be concerned about this.

I have mainly European ancestry with some Native American ancestry as well. I am Proud of both my European and Native American Ancestors (most of them). It doesn't make me a Racist. I take pride in some of my most recent Ancestors and their heritage. They were not bad people (most of them). They may have done things I don't agree with but no one perfect.

Black People take pride in their Roots, Heritage, and Ancestors and so do Native Americans nothing wrong with that. They should.

So why can't white People take pride in their roots and heritage as well? Why can't we also be proud of some of our Ancestors as well? I am not proud of the ones who owned Slaves or fought on the Conferdate Side in the Civil War.

There are good and bad people in all races. tHy all have a good and bad history.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:36 PM

35,311 posts, read 20,685,064 times
And most do not have a problem with being proud of your heritage- looks, attributes of body, face etc eye color -period-
It is when any color, white, black etc. take it to be the most important factor in their lives that makes it a problem.
So if you are one that identifies as Human first, a person - then 2nd on the list is character, traditional/ moral values etc. then 3rd male female or other-or 4th or 5th your skin tone- and so forth- we are in good shape.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:51 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,575,290 times
remember only white people can be racist

Old 11-03-2017, 01:52 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,958,415 times
I think it already is. Especially the white male ancestors.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:53 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,437,111 times
Too late.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,606,154 times
Where did you get the idea people wanted you to be ashamed of your race. Why are you even thinking about your skin color? Is that the only burning issue occupying your mind? Skin color obsession?
What exactly are people doing to you that makes you afraid to be white.
I don't get it, or maybe this is the start of another race based Russian troll thread.

Edit to add: I think I get it. You want to know why people take offense at a bunch of white guys walking around a synagogue with torches chanting "blood and soil!"
Maybe you feel everybody's picking on you because of your obvious whiteness.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:59 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,908,927 times
It's already here. The liberals think that everyone but whites can be proud of their heritage and ancestors. If you are white it's a no-no.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:08 PM

2,383 posts, read 2,952,939 times
There's no reason you can't be proud of your ancestors no matter what color they are, but wouldn't you be proud of what they did and what they accomplished? Why would you be proud of their color? I'm proud of the man who had the courage to get on a sailing ship with his young son in 1621 and sail across the ocean. I have no opinion of his color. I'm proud of his actions and the significant role he played in my family's history.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:13 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,080,955 times
I make clear that I am very respectful and admiring of other people's heritages, but yes, I am PROUD of who I came from and try my best to live up to it. I celebrate that heritage every day by reading constantly the ancient authors from Greece and Rome, and I do not care what anyone thinks of that. Anyone who tries to separate me from my heritage is trash and beneath contempt.

Just to scratch the surface, ours are the people of...

The Mycenaean Age
Homer
Athens
Sparta
Plato
Socrates
Aristotle
Alexander the Great
Roman Republic/Empire
Herodotus
Thucydides
The 300 Spartans
Xenophon and the 10,000
Democracy
Constituional Republic
Polybius
Charlemagne
The First True Alphabet
The Scientific Method
The Magna Carta
Niccolo Machiavelli
Copernicus
Galileo
John Lock
William Shakespeare
Jean-Jacques Rosseau
Thomas Hobbes
The American Constitution
British Empire
George Washington
Abrahamn Lincoln
Thomas Jeffferson
The Industrial Revolution
The internal cumbustion engine
Antibiotics
Manned Flight
Space Flight
Walking on the moon
Quantum Physics
General relativity
The Uncertainty Principle
Dark Matter
Dark energy
The Higgs Boson

Old 11-03-2017, 02:17 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,575,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It's already here. The liberals think that everyone but whites can be proud of their heritage and ancestors. If you are white it's a no-no.
this is rather accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies