Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:24 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I used another acronym like
Clowns
News
Network.
That definitely works, too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Good for them. It's not a sign of desperation. It's a sign of success. They can charge for their content because there's enough of a demand to justify it - just like the Washington Post (my favorite), New York Times, and others that have content worth paying for.

If you look at conservative websites, they usually are of a lower quality, so it's not surprising that a right-winger would be upset that he has to pay a nominal fee for news.

Stick with Drudge, I guess. He runs a low-rent site that will probably always be free.

By the way, cnn.com is currently the 23rd most popular website in the US - and the most popular for original news content. They're not hurting for business.

https://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/US
The Clinton/Clown News Network will crash and burn. This endeavor will not succeed. You don't pay for trash.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/cnn-pla...ear-1509701401

Is the Clinton News Network serious? Who in their right mind would pay to access that trash site? I don't even go on the site for free, which shows how far they have dropped when it comes to integrity/partisanship/etc. as it used to be my go-to site for online news.
Terrible news. You won't be able to watch your and the Trumper's favorite news source. Nobody talks more about CNN than you guys. If it wasn't for you all I would never know what they are all about. Truly amazing.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
And within the next year, CNN and several other news networks will be shown to have been right-on in their assessments, that Trump supporters dismiss as false. But I certainly won't be giving them any money for a subscription. If you paid a fee for all the news websites that are installing paywalls, you'd be spending hundreds of dollars every month.
Yup. I picked one, and it is the NYT. I may also start paying for my local newspaper, haven't decided yet.

I wonder whether print media might someday offer something analogous to cable bundles? Because there are several more I'd pay for (WSJ, Forbes) if I could afford it...

Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/cnn-pla...ear-1509701401

Is the Clinton News Network serious? Who in their right mind would pay to access that trash site? I don't even go on the site for free, which shows how far they have dropped when it comes to integrity/partisanship/etc. as it used to be my go-to site for online news.

They are losing revenues out the ass, because of them being a Democrat mouthpiece and covering for all the corruption. They have to make it up on their hardcore Communist base.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Are they going to put the real news behind the pay wall and keep the propaganda free?
haha, that was good.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:41 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I rather put that money into bitcoins...
So you love to lose money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Are they going to put the real news behind the pay wall and keep the propaganda free?
Fox, Breitbart, Infowars and Zero Hedge have just as much propaganda if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It doesn’t bother me at all, but you know I like real news, not fake news,” Trump replied, pointing directly to Acosta and CNN cameras as he added, “You’re fake news.”
It is only fake news if it doesn't show Trump in a good light.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are losing revenues out the ass, because of them being a Democrat mouthpiece and covering for all the corruption. They have to make it up on their hardcore Communist base.
Such lies. You guys would be funny if you weren't so pathetic.

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2

..."CNN saw a 39% leap in adults 25-54"...

..."CNN had its most-watched first quarter in 14 years, both in the key demo and in total viewers"...

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2 – Variety

Thanks to Trump, cable news ratings and newspaper readership is up across the board compared to a year ago. Why is it so hard to admit the truth, especially when it's right there in the data? I can't imagine being so obstinate.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Such lies. You guys would be funny if you weren't so pathetic.

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2

..."CNN saw a 39% leap in adults 25-54"...

..."CNN had its most-watched first quarter in 14 years, both in the key demo and in total viewers"...

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2 – Variety

Thanks to Trump, cable news ratings and newspaper readership is up across the board compared to a year ago. Why is it so hard to admit the truth, especially when it's right there in the data? I can't imagine being so obstinate.
And they STILL are being far outwatched by FOX and even MSNBC. Zero comparison. If CNN didn't grow in viewers as the number of possible viewers grows every day as people come of age, that would be even sadder.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:53 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Burger King has a regional agreement in Western NC with CNN, free 65" TV in the dining area in exchange they have to show CNN exclusively during dining room hours. To me, not a good idea in very red western NC, and I also wonder if CNN is using this somehow to bolster their viewship numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies