Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 04:56 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,952,233 times

Advertisements

I don't say he elected him, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he was registered to vote and actually voted for him!

Old 11-05-2017, 05:34 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Ex-Putin adviser: Putin 'believed' he elected Trump

Ex-Putin adviser: Putin 'believed' he elected Trump | TheHill

well, .....he did.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:53 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Russia coordinated a propaganda campaign to benefit Trump. The overwhelmingly amount of evidence points to this, for anyone who bothers to be the least bit objective. You know, I think the denial of this on the right is just absurd (and outright denial is the strategy promoted by Russian propaganda). Many people think it delegitimizes Trump's presidency. I don't necessarily agree. More typically, Hillary would have had the propaganda advantage because of the controlled left-wing news media. What Russia did with their propaganda was ultimately undermine this massive advantage Hillary otherwise would have had.

So there's no question Putin had a massive hand in helping Trump get elected. But no one can know for sure whether this propaganda effort was ultimately the deciding factor. It's pure speculation whether it was or not. We don't know what would have happened without it. I lean towards thinking it WAS a deciding factor - and that without it, Hillary would have won.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:13 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Ex-Putin adviser: Putin 'believed' he elected Trump

Ex-Putin adviser: Putin 'believed' he elected Trump | TheHill
If he did (he didn't btw), thanks Vlad!

Old 11-05-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If he did (he didn't btw), thanks Vlad!
He did, but right now the Russian strategy is to deny it. That's why an opinion such as the one you just expressed is actually quite rare. You just don't hear it being expressed very much. However, it's quite a natural and expected segue. I figure this has to be one of the outcomes Putin had in mind. Putin's favorability among Republicans has risen quite remarkably since 2015. Trump is, of course, largely the reason for this change.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:35 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Putins a pretty educated individual and he's of pretty sound mind and body. He's one of the top politicians in the world. This is just lunacy.
He is one of the most corrupt dictators and murderers in the world and is probably the best at stealing the wealth of his country and doling it out to his friends and political allies.

He sits on top of a corrupt state which has murdered countless 10's of millions of its own citizens. These citizens will never get anywhere since ALL the money, resources and industries are owned by Putins organized crime syndicate.

Meantime, they are using the money to buy up America - especially our government and lobbyists, but also they are making anchor babies by the 1,000's down there in Florida. After all, anyone with an ounce of brains knows that the Russians will "get the idea" someday. Many already have.

A failed nation run by one of the heads of their KGB and you are in awe of it and praise it. Amazing.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:53 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Russia coordinated a propaganda campaign to benefit Trump. The overwhelmingly amount of evidence points to this, for anyone who bothers to be the least bit objective. You know, I think the denial of this on the right is just absurd (and outright denial is the strategy promoted by Russian propaganda). Many people think it delegitimizes Trump's presidency. I don't necessarily agree. More typically, Hillary would have had the propaganda advantage because of the controlled left-wing news media. What Russia did with their propaganda was ultimately undermine this massive advantage Hillary otherwise would have had.

So there's no question Putin had a massive hand in helping Trump get elected. But no one can know for sure whether this propaganda effort was ultimately the deciding factor. It's pure speculation whether it was or not. We don't know what would have happened without it. I lean towards thinking it WAS a deciding factor - and that without it, Hillary would have won.
And we'd have all been worse for it.

I don't deny that Russia probably favored one candidate over the other and did whatever limited means they could take to have it their way. You don't think the CIA/US govt doesn't do the same thing?

Yes, the US should take further precaution to prevent foreign states from attempting to influence elections just on it's own merit, but at the end of the day you have nobody to be angry at but the people who went in there and pulled the lever for Trump. Or you can be angry at Faceplace and that little nincompoop who runs it, but that the end of the day, you're really just upset that your candidate was so lousy and unlikable that she lost to a reality show star. Get over it.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Well, he arguably did.

I mean, no one but crazed Trump cultists deny that Putin used vast resources to try and elect Trump. Thousands of propagandists, mass advertising, fake rallies, fake organizations, 150 million views on Facebook alone.

Was Putin's interference enough to flip the election? We'll never know, but it's quite plausible, even likely. The election was decided based on a few thousand Rust Belt voters, and that's where the Russians spent the bulk of their resources.

Was Trump in a criminal conspiracy with Putin? I don't know, but that's Mueller's job. We'll know soon enough.
You think $100k is "vast resources". Bawahahaha!!!

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/0....html?referer=

Old 11-05-2017, 07:17 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times
Putin believes a lot of crazy things

Old 11-05-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
And we'd have all been worse for it.

I don't deny that Russia probably favored one candidate over the other and did whatever limited means they could take to have it their way. You don't think the CIA/US govt doesn't do the same thing?

Yes, the US should take further precaution to prevent foreign states from attempting to influence elections just on it's own merit, but at the end of the day you have nobody to be angry at but the people who went in there and pulled the lever for Trump. Or you can be angry at Faceplace and that little nincompoop who runs it, but that the end of the day, you're really just upset that your candidate was so lousy and unlikable that she lost to a reality show star. Get over it.
"Limited" means? This isn't the 20th century anymore. Social media has opened new avenues for the sort of coordinated propaganda effort that Russia engaged in. And did you even bother to read the post you were responding to? I rejected the notion that Russian interference delegitimizes Trump's election. It doesn't. At most, it counterbalanced the massive, COORDINATED mainstream media bias in favor of Hillary. This is what conservatives SHOULD BE SAYING. Instead, conservatives are denying the assistance Trump received from Russia. This is a weak and easily discredited position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies