Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 02:31 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The American in question was on foreign soil and an alleged terrorist with no other way of being brought to justice should we have brought charges forth.
You can try someone in absentia. We did Ira Einhorn.

Quote:
As for the IRS "not targeting 'left' groups," explain these from my links because I guess you didn't read any of them in my last post. I'll make it easier here.
No I did not read them. This has been covered for years. They targeted "right leaning" groups. I likely would not support these groups BUT they have as much right to exist as any other.

I'm not going to look it up right now but John Stewart did the absolute best piece on this. I've posted it many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 03:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can try someone in absentia. We did Ira Einhorn.
And we should have here but as per one of your articles Trump didn't learn this lesson...

Quote:
No I did not read them. This has been covered for years. They targeted "right leaning" groups. I likely would not support these groups BUT they have as much right to exist as any other.
And the HuffPo article was from 2013. The ones from the Tribune and The Conversation were actually from this year after the investigation was formerly ended.

Quote:
I'm not going to look it up right now but John Stewart did the absolute best piece on this. I've posted it many times.
I am not denying that they targeted "right leaning" groups, it is just ignorant to claim they were the only groups targeted as per the proof.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
And we should have here but as per one of your articles Trump didn't learn this lesson...
I do NOT expect him to. I don't expect my dog to take out the trash either. I get on the one I expect to when they do not.

Quote:
I am not denying that they targeted "right leaning" groups, it is just ignorant to claim they were the only groups targeted as per the proof.
If 500 of one group is targeted it is not a defense to note that 2 others were also.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:26 PM

25,440 posts, read 17,128,344 times
Quote:
Trump thinks it is "the saddest thing" that he doesn't control the Justice Dept and can't dictate who goes to jail
Just putting the silly headline aside for a moment, it is sad when the terrorist at Benghazi is treated like a citizen criminal and Mirandized and tried in the US justice system. He should have been treated as an enemy combatant, which is what he called himself.

I would like to see legislation passed (not an executive order) which allows anyone to be treated as an enemy combatant if he has declared himself to be one. Life in GITMO is not much fun, and I'd like to see the New York terrorist sent there.

I'm on Trump's side with this issue.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do NOT expect him to. I don't expect my dog to take out the trash either. I get on the one I expect to when they do not.
So do you condone Trump or not? A simple yes or no answer ONLY.

Quote:
If 500 of one group is targeted it is not a defense to note that 2 others were also.
Now you're being obtuse, the Chicago Tribune article from this very year reported that 146 progressive 501(C)'s were targeted, just as the some 248. Now yes, MORE Conservative groups were targeted, but we aren't talking the numbers you are. You are just making yourself look oblivious to the facts.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Just putting the silly headline aside for a moment, it is sad when the terrorist at Benghazi is treated like a citizen criminal and Mirandized and tried in the US justice system. He should have been treated as an enemy combatant, which is what he called himself.

I would like to see legislation passed (not an executive order) which allows anyone to be treated as an enemy combatant if he has declared himself to be one. Life in GITMO is not much fun, and I'd like to see the New York terrorist sent there.

I'm on Trump's side with this issue.
I'm with Trump on this, but there is no reason to call the courts a joke or attack individual judges like the "Mexican judge" from what spring. Trump has tried to deligitmize anything but the executive branch in his first 10 months of being President. When will Republicans finally get the buyer's remorse they should have had in Cleveland last summer?

Old 11-05-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
So do you condone Trump or not? A simple yes or no answer ONLY.
NO. Like Obama and Bush before him he deserves nothing better than to rot in hell for what they have done.

Quote:
Now you're being obtuse, the Chicago Tribune article from this very year reported that 146 progressive 501(C)'s were targeted, just as the some 248. Now yes, MORE Conservative groups were targeted, but we aren't talking the numbers you are. You are just making yourself look oblivious to the facts.
It's been covered extensively. The entire episode did a lot of damage to the credibility of the system.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:37 PM

25,440 posts, read 17,128,344 times
Quote:
I'm with Trump on this, but there is no reason to call the courts a joke or attack individual judges like the "Mexican judge" from what spring. Trump has tried to deligitmize anything but the executive branch in his first 10 months of being President. When will Republicans finally get the buyer's remorse they should have had in Cleveland last summer?
We're not going to get buyer's remorse, and the polls reflect that fact.

A great many Trump voters were driven to vote for Trump by Hillary, and some others by Obama. As long as those two are around reminding us of why we voted Republican we will not be remorseful for doing so.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,423,185 times
What's clear from this thread is that if Trump ever did succeed with doing away with independent branches of government and wielded the power of censor, judge, and executioner..typical cons around her would not have a problem with it.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We're not going to get buyer's remorse, and the polls reflect that fact.

A great many Trump voters were driven to vote for Trump by Hillary, and some others by Obama. As long as those two are around reminding us of why we voted Republican we will not be remorseful for doing so.
What polls state that Trump isn't losing support. I continue to see Trump numbers take a YUGE dive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies