Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 08:34 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times

Advertisements

Oil is why we continue an alliance. But I hate SA. We really need to stop being allies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 08:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sadly, I suspect you're right.

I'd LOVE to think that this was a sign that finally a ruler of SA was truly interested in good governance..

But - I doubt it.

And the OP's suggestion that the Saudis had something to do with Paddock is, um - farfetched

Funny there's no curiosity if the Bush family was involved with the Saudis, or Trump for that matter.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:47 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Maybe not any connection to Paddock, but SA has been linked to 9-11 in the past in various ways, plus, any investigation into corruption in SA, is probably going to eventually uncover some ties to well known US politicians, (which I highly doubt they would let happen).
Actually, the latest Osama revelations show Iran had much more influence over 9/11 than SA

Old 11-05-2017, 09:01 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Oil is why we continue an alliance. But I hate SA. We really need to stop being allies.
How is that possible when the U.S gets a small amount of oil from there that can easily be made up with purchasing that amount from other countries. You're argument doesn't hold water. This isn't the 1970s and our oil imports get smaller every year.
The reason is more about stability in the region and having a country there that has a government friendly to the U.S. regardless of how that government is run.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:57 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,412,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Is it true the arrested Princes are tied to the Clintons and Obama? I really don't know. Enlighten me and what are the connections of those arrested to the Mandalay in Vegas? I'm not on Twitter or Facebook.
I'll try to enlighten you, but I realize that your post may not be seeking information, but rather seeking to spread disinformation.

Saudi Arabia has always been a corrupt place. The royal family is huge, and a lot of them make their money via shady deals. In the past, lots of oil money flowed through these deals, people connected with the royals selling all sort of stuff to the government (military equipment, construction equipment, whatever) and the royals who enabled the deals with the government received huge under the table kick-backs for greasing the skids for the vendors. To top it off, most of the equipment bought by the government was never used, simply parked out in the desert and left to rot.

Consider this - Saudi Arabia has bought a lot of military equipment from US weapons manufacturers, but the Saudi military has until recently been considered a joke. It's why the Saudis contributed so few troops to the war efforts in Gulf Wars I & II - their military either didn't receive or didn't learn to use the weapons purchased.

But now there's a new Crown Prince in Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Bin Salman, and he's highly cognizant that Saudi Arabia will cease to exist when the oil revenues can't keep the old corrupt system afloat anymore. The crown prince has been on a drive to transform Saudi Arabia, and part of that effort is to root out the corruption.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:34 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
It has to do with the upcoming (2018) IPO for Aramco. Cleaning house so they can get listed on the better stock exchanges.
So that's what Kushner's "unannounced" trips were all about.

I thought it was strange that he was flying back and forth with a family lawyer and an ex-Goldman Sachs person to negotiate "peace in the Mideast."

Now, we know the rest of the story.

Or at least another chapter in this endless saga.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:37 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
This is bigger than what meets the eye. Follow the money trail...

Won't be just Russia with collusion. Going to be SA too...

Old 11-05-2017, 12:44 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with Clinton, Obama, or Trump. It probably has more to do with Saudi Arabia being a dictatorship, and the Crown Prince removing any threats to his future rule.
He just gave women the okay to drive and attend sporting competitions. I think they'll vote for him.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:47 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Interesting that Jared Kushner just came back from a secret trip to SA before this happened.
If it was secret how do you know about it?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:49 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sadly, I suspect you're right.

I'd LOVE to think that this was a sign that finally a ruler of SA was truly interested in good governance..

But - I doubt it.

And the OP's suggestion that the Saudis had something to do with Paddock is, um - farfetched.
It took me awhile to remember who Paddock was. They had the floors above him. The rumor was they lowered the weapons down to him.

I have to say, without a motive, the Paddock stuff is just courting the rumor mill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies