Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 01:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Actually Trump’s own cabinet hand picked Mueller, who is a Republican. Keep grasping at straws because the only thing “left” will be the convictions.
The charges are for activities NOT RELATED to the campaign. What part of this is beyond your ability to comprehend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"collusion", surely.

Ah, but that's where you're wrong. You should read up on Mueller. He made himself a name on getting mafia lieutenants to flip on their families, and his MO has never been to lead with the crime he's investigating.

Economic crimes like the ones Manafort have so far been indicted for are fairly easy to prove if you have the manpower, because it's essentially paperwork. No witnesses who may or may not wish to cooperate. Thing is, they're still very uncomfortable charges - as in, years in prison. Once you have that truth sinking in, that's when you present the other charges you are getting ready to file. The much worse ones, but also the ones that are harder to prove - only, you don't tell the inmate that.

To many, the words "plea bargain in return for cooperation with the investigation" start sounding pretty damn good at that time. That's what Papadopoulos did - small(ish) fish, but he was offered the option of entering a guilty plea and started making phone calls of the "Remember when we met with those Russians on that date? Good times, good times" variety. And in return, he'll probably walk.
And yet the only thing he could come up with so far is failure to disclose, which everyone knew was going on, and tax evasion, which means he SHOULD GO TO JAIL..

none of this has a dam thing to do with Trump..

Maybe his mistake was not creating a non profit like the Clintons in order to funnel all their money into it..

Old 11-05-2017, 01:20 PM

25,550 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
Trump’s campaign manager, Manafort, has 3 passports and tried to get as many as 10!
Actually, he has no passport. The government took it away

But to the point, he is not someone I would want to deal with. I'm glad he's gone.
And he IS gone, BTW.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:08 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And yet the only thing he could come up with so far...
You - don't know what Mueller come up with. Sure, he could have completely thrown away decades of hard-won experience gained running some very, very intricate investigations - either that, or he's not showing his hand.

But you're dead right about the "so far" bit...

Old 11-05-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
You - don't know what Mueller come up with. Sure, he could have completely thrown away decades of hard-won experience gained running some very, very intricate investigations - either that, or he's not showing his hand.

But you're dead right about the "so far" bit...
i know what has been charged with so far.. are you claiming Mueller is filing fake charges?

Old 11-05-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
i know what has been charged with so far.. are you claiming Mueller is filing fake charges?
Post #10. I really don't know how to put it plainer.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:22 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
People who do business in the Middle East usually have two passports because you can't go to Israel and have it show up in a passport to a Muslim enemy country and vice versa, if I recall correctly.

People with dual citizenship have one passport from each country.

I wonder how many passports Bill and Hillary have.

By the way, collusion isn't a crime so why does the media harp on it? Both sides did opposition research. The Dems paid for it and got it. The Reps didn't pay and didn't get it.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Post #10. I really don't know how to put it plainer.
#10 doesnt say anything other than his past.. we all know his past, that has nothing at all to do with the discussion.

When he doesnt find anything linking him to Trump.. what are ya gonna do, claim he was incompetent at his job?

Old 11-05-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
#10 doesnt say anything other than his past.. we all know his past, that has nothing at all to do with the discussion.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Mueller has a well-established pattern (fact), and you're rattling on about false charges?

Old 11-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Mueller has a well-established pattern (fact), and you're rattling on about false charges?
His pattern is to NAIL as much as possible, and then plea it down to get information on others..

If he's following the pattern like you're claiming, your theories that link Trump to whatever falls pretty short because the charges while major, arent even close to what you guys are looking for..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies