Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 07:30 AM

17,348 posts, read 9,176,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
Interesting to see what comes of all this
So for those who have no idea what the latest "Outrage of the Day" is .......

Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross owns shares in a company called Navigator Holdings (transoceanic shipping company). Actually, looking at the Wilbur Ross Financial Disclosure - he owns shares in a lot of Shipping companies. In fact - I believe we can say with absolutely certainty that Wilbur Ross is a VERY wealthy man and certainly in the top 1%.

All the Nominees for Cabinet Posts are required to disclose their Financial Circumstances to the Government Ethics office ..... which he did. YEP - you find Navigator Holdings listed 3 times in Section 1. Filer's Positions Held Outside United States Government. In fact, Mr Ross was on the Board of Directors & Chairman for at least part of 2 years - 2012-2014.

WOW - Wilbur Ross was on the Board of Directors of 82 different Companies that were "Outside of the USA" as reported on this Financial Discloser. ..... I now understand better why he is the Secretary of Commerce and why he takes no salary in that position. I would say he has a LOT of experience in Commerce and certainly doesn't need the money.

Executive Branch Personnel
Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 278e)
Filer's Information - Ross, Wilbur L
Secretary, Department of Commerce
Government Ethics Office

So .... what is the "Outrage of the Day" concerning Navigator Holdings?
Turns out that Mr Ross did not disclose the names of every single person/company/entity that also owned shares or invested in Navigator Holdings. One of the companies that held shares of Navigator Holdings was a Russian Company (and the Queen of England) ...... Wilbur Ross did not list the OTHER Shareholders of Navigator Holdings - and THAT is his "great sin".

I should add that Mr Ross also did not list the OTHER SHAREHOLDERS of all the other Companies he listed an interest in. I checked his entire list and what I did not find was MY NAME, which certainly should have been there as I also own shares/interest in several of the same Companies as Mr Ross.

Wilbur Ross says reports he didn't disclose ties to Putin-linked firm are 'totally wrong' |CNBC

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross reportedly failed to clearly disclose to Congress that he retained an interest in a shipping firm that has close dealings with people linked to Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

The millions of documents mostly originate from a Bermuda-based legal services provider that works on offshore investments. Reports on Sunday suggested that Ross did not disclose an interest in a shipping company called Navigator Holdings, a company that has a business relationship with SIBUR.

This nefarious "business relationship" and "close ties to Putin" ..... is that they both held some shares in the same Holding Company. Beware folks - this means if you have your money in the same banking companies like Wells Fargo or Bank of America as a criminal or maybe even a rapist ...... you can be considered to have "close ties" and a "business relationship" with that criminal or rapist ..... According to the Bat Guano Leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 07:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,425,908 times
Trumplings...

SO desperate to give their duck lips champion a pass on Russiagate.

Spasibo, comrades.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:36 AM

18,543 posts, read 7,303,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post

You people on the left can not have it both ways. All I have heard the past 8 years Obama was in office how we need to have a world economy. Well, this is what globalism looks like. It's not just free trade with China and Mexico. It's business dealings with Russia and other questionable entities.
Bingo!

Old 11-06-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That explains how he went from public obscurity at Exxon to SoS in the Trump admin.
Excuse me ....... are you saying that it was somehow a "big secret" that Rex Tillerson was the CEO of Exxon for 10 years??? or are you saying that it was a "big secret" that Rex Tillerson was the Chairman of an Exxon board of Directors ... in view of the fact that he was the CEO of the same company? "Public Obscurity" ???? do you live in a cave? Exxon is all over the World and it's no "secret" that Rex Tillerson is the CEO.

Maybe you are suggesting that it is a "big secret" that Exxon (the largest Oil/Gas/Energy company in the entire World has Oil/Gas/Energy Contracts in every Nation that has Oil/Gas/Energy

And that nobody in the USA or World suspected ANY of that

Do you "get" how crazy that sounds? He was the CEO of Exxon for 10 years and worked for EXXON for almost 40 years. That's kinda like saying - OMG!!! they just discovered that Banks actually have MONEY in them.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
This is why Trump wants to reform the tax laws! This money that is scattered all over the world needs to come back here where it can benefit us, not anyone else. Investing and keeping money overseas isn't illegal, by the way. I would watch and read the business papers and TV shows because they are experts in finance, not Jim Acosta or other talking head clowns.

This stuff happens in every country when the governments raise taxes too high.
Exactly Correct and I will go even further - all these Tax Shelters are perfectly legal. Lobby groups make sure that they were included in our Tax Laws. We can change that with Tax Reform, not all of it at once of course as the US Tax Code is something around 20,000 pages long.

But we can certainly start to change it and get that money back home. Not only that, but he way it is set up now - you have to be very very wealthy and hire a platoon of Tax Lawyers to use these Tax Havens - THEY know all the Legalities and they have become Wealthy in their own right by exploiting (and writing) Tax Laws.

More and more US Companies go off-shore every year to avoid the 2nd highest Corporate Tax rate in the World - the USA Tax Rate. The uninformed and group think crowd thinks that Corporations are "the rich" and they want them punished - These Huge Corporations are usually shareholder owned. IF you are invested in a 401K, IF you have a Pension of any sort, if you have a stock portfolio of any sort ..... then the funds that the 401K & Pensions are invested in are these same Companies that the Leftists (Union anyone?) want to punish.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:29 AM

1,184 posts, read 716,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Seven million pages of info on off-shore dealings involving major corporations, billionaires, Putin's inner circle of oligarchs, and more.

Such a massive release from a Bermuda-based law firm that specializes in setting up shell corporations for legally risky and unethical transactions.

Stay tuned...

https://www.icij.org/investigations/...est-1-percent/

First up appears to be Commerce Sec'y Wilbur Ross, who is doing business with Putin companies at the same time he's involved with those sanctions against Russia.

I think we'll be hearing a lot more about this.

Dems will surely be exposed in this too. The swamp is thick

Old 11-06-2017, 09:26 AM

18,754 posts, read 11,739,079 times
While it's awful it's not unlawful to own off shore accounts. This administration is no different then any other administration. It's all a good old boy network. The only difference is that this administration is in deep with the good old boy network of our number one geopolitical adversary. Anyone that doesn't find that disturbing please do some research about Putin, Russia, and why we have not been friends for decades.

Ross can claim to recuse himself from all conflicts of interest, but saying and doing are two different animals. Look at Nunes. Do I trust that this administration has the best interest of American people first and foremost? Heck no.

Kudos to who ever said it's time to flush the toilet early on in the thread. The time to turn a blind eye to unethical, corrupt behavior in our government needs to stop. Keep voting them out. Right now I feel that Mueller is our only hope to get to the truth.

We may be on different sides of the coin when it comes to Trump, but I think the one thing that we can all agree on is that we all want to know the truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:29 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,507,289 times
The problem with the piece is that Navigator Holdings is not under sanctions.

It's similar to the other piece on Ross and his work on Bank of Cyprus. They tried to tie him to the Russians, but his work at the bank occurred after its collapse and its subsequent bailout which occurred after the Greek debt crisis and the Russian oligarchs had pulled their money out of the bank. He and others were brought in to oversee the bank's recovery.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,426,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So is this the "smoking guns" libs?

While I've thoroughly enjoyed your hysteria over the last past 2 years I'm getting a little bored with the Putin-Trump stuff (though the Pikachu connection a few weeks back was awesome).

So let's see how Pence ruffles your feathers. Bring on Pence!

Yeah? Not moving fast enough of for you?

Let's DO recall how Cons drug out Benghazi and an oval office **** job.

What's your hurry?

Old 11-06-2017, 10:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,425,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Dems will surely be exposed in this too.
And they should be.

Quote:
The swamp is thick
Thicker than pig doots.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies