Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2017, 10:35 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why not start with military personnel? The trend to ignore military folks & their problems once they're done serving is not helpful:

https://www.sapiens.org/column/confl...itary-service/
It's tough to get new recruits to fight and die for the Banking Families when the old ones who manage to make it out are recognized as being "defective".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 03:25 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Your assertion that he was not finished is also speculation. Your assertion that he would have killed himself is also speculation as he was disguised which leads investigators to believe he did not intend to kill himself. Your assertion that an armed parishioner would have had the time to draw a weapon and stop the shooter in mere seconds is wish-fulfillment fantasy at its worst.
I asserted none of these things.......... I believe you are attributing someone else's post to me. I simply pointed out that you are making statements that are speculation.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:19 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Can you point out what's wrong with them?
I could but you've heard it all before I'm sure. You probably believe those of us who think those "sources" are bogus are "sheep" or "bootlickers" or something of the sort. I've gone round and round with folks who believe as you do and I've come to the conclusion its a waste of your time and my time. Cheers.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
I asserted none of these things.......... I believe you are attributing someone else's post to me. I simply pointed out that you are making statements that are speculation.
This is the post I responded to:

Quote:
Where he was subsequently shot, then pursued as he left the scene in his vehicle where he had additional firearms and ammunition. Your assertion that he was finished is speculation, not fact. He may or may not have been finished but it is unlikely, otherwise he would have killed himself at the scene. Likewise your assertion that an armed parishioner would not have been able to neutralize the shooter is speculation on your part.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
"He may or may not have been finished "

You mean this?
Also, I did not say someone inside could have stopped him,just that you saying no one could have is up for debate.

Once again...... I made no statement except that you are speculating.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
"He may or may not have been finished "

You mean this?
Also, I did not say someone inside could have stopped him,just that you saying no one could have is up for debate.

Once again...... I made no statement except that you are speculating.
As are you and as did I.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
As are you and as did I.
There is no speculation in my post. In the very few cases where I do speculate or state my opinion I clarify my post as such.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:11 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It's tough to get new recruits to fight and die for the Banking Families when the old ones who manage to make it out are recognized as being "defective".
ffs No_Recess, did you even bother to take off your ideological blinders long enough to read the linked piece?

Quote:
...Mass killings are a kind of Rorschach inkblot in which people see what they fear, or what they want to see. Where some saw homophobia at work in the Orlando killings, others saw radical Islamic extremism. More generally, where some see inadequate mental health care as the root problem, others point the finger at the ease with which Americans can acquire guns. ...
Has your 'Rorschach' suddenly informed you that Micah Johnson, or Timothy McVeigh suddenly 'found' the AnCap religion & were 'saved' by it sufficiently to go on & make a point about the 'Banking Families'?

Who knows what these crazy-a$$es are on about? They're mentally ill, sick, crazy. You call them 'defective' ~ are they defective killing machines? Did they take their military caste training of self-sacrifice, & indifference to human collateral damage schtick too close to heart? Did they not receive the proper amount of medals & honor to match their hero & legend in their own mind status?

Self-refuting & self-destructive ideological stances along with self-hatred is not helpful.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:01 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
ffs No_Recess, did you even bother to take off your ideological blinders long enough to read the linked piece?

Has your 'Rorschach' suddenly informed you that Micah Johnson, or Timothy McVeigh suddenly 'found' the AnCap religion & were 'saved' by it sufficiently to go on & make a point about the 'Banking Families'?

Who knows what these crazy-a$$es are on about? They're mentally ill, sick, crazy. You call them 'defective' ~ are they defective killing machines? Did they take their military caste training of self-sacrifice, & indifference to human collateral damage schtick too close to heart? Did they not receive the proper amount of medals & honor to match their hero & legend in their own mind status?

Self-refuting & self-destructive ideological stances along with self-hatred is not helpful.
They definitely weren't An-Caps. They broke the non-aggression principle. They were like you: violent statists.

I'm just saying the reason why poor mental health care is an especially pressing issue among vets is because the government doesn't want the rest of us to know how badly being one of their mercenaries screws your head up.

There's a famous anarchist, Adam Kokesh, who is an Iraq vet. It was after he came back that he realized the error of his ways. He talks openly and honestly about his struggle with the fact that he killed and tortured on behalf of the State.

Vets are victims yet at the same time we have to hold them accountable for their actions...just like with police.

That in itself is a struggle. My hope is to save as many as possible in whatever form they come in.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:08 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They definitely weren't An-Caps. They broke the non-aggression principle. They were like you: violent statists.

I'm just saying the reason why poor mental health care is an especially pressing issue among vets is because the government doesn't want the rest of us to know how badly being one of their mercenaries screws your head up.

There's a famous anarchist, Adam Kokesh, who is an Iraq vet. It was after he came back that he realized the error of his ways. He talks openly and honestly about his struggle with the fact that he killed and tortured on behalf of the State.

Vets are victims yet at the same time we have to hold them accountable for their actions...just like with police.

That in itself is a struggle. My hope is to save as many as possible in whatever form they come in.
Always the drama king.

Poor mental health is likely more common among returning military personnel for many reasons, training focused on self-sacrifice, obeying orders without question, being able & willing to kill or be killed, in short, training for War-time is likely a large one. All of these & more do not necessarily present an easy transition to non-War-time life.

Returning military personnel are much more likely than their civilian counterparts to turn the violence inward & end their own lives.

Anti-government rhetoric & ideology is another risk factor in the etiology of mass killings, particularly clear in the case of Micah Johnson & Timothy McVeigh, along with their previously identified risk factor of military service.

Your hero & fellow drama queen:

Quote:
WASHINGTON – Adam Kokesh, a controversial activist seen loading a gun in D.C.’s Freedom Plaza in a video posted to YouTube July 4, has been transferred from Fairfax County and charged in D.C. with openly carrying a shotgun in violation of D.C. laws.

He is specifically being charged with violating the following offense:

Carrying a Rifle or Shotgun (outside Home or Place of Business), in violation of 22 D.C. Code Section 4504 (a-1) (2001 ed.))

...Kokesh recently had planned and then canceled an armed march on Washington scheduled for July 4. Participants in the non-violent event, called the Open Carry March on Washington, were supposed to be armed with rifles.

The purpose of the march was to “put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated and cower in submission to tyranny,” Kokesh said of the event on his website. ...

Read the court documents:
Activist Adam Kokesh charged with openly carrying shotgun in D.C.

https://wtop.com/news/2013/07/activi...shotgun-in-dc/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies