Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 05:13 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Project what?
Political bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 05:13 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
How about the pagans and Hells Angels? Lotta guns ... Open carry. Shoot em ups. And the cops let them relax and call family on their cell phones. I'm surprised the cops didn't buy this killer Burger King. He may have been hungry like Dylan Roof......
Not only guns, the bikers wars in the 1990s in Quebec between Hell's Angels and the Rock Machine (another biker gang) also involved bombs. Quebec biker-war victim Daniel Desrochers, 11, remembered 20 years later - Montreal - CBC News

First time I heard of the killer Burger King, I mainly heard of the Burger Chef one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burger_Chef_murders

Old 11-05-2017, 05:14 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Machine gun type guns? Are you referring to semi-automatic weapons?

I have a 45 with several 13 round magazines. My 100 round rate of fire is similar with that of my 300 Blackout and AR-556 with 30 round magazines.

So, is my 45 a "machine gun type gun"?

It's ok if you say yes, I just want to be clear on what you regard as "machine gun type guns".
It sounds much more dramatic if they say "machine guns". It also means their ignorance is showing.

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Yup. Instead we can get calls to ban all guns. Same story different stupidity.
How many more mass shootings do you want to see before we put in place some basic firearms reform (not bans)?

How are you going to feel next time when it's some folks from your family?

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
An atheist who taught Bible school?
A Christian kid who strayed away from faith as a young adult perhaps? It is a thing that many if not most do in their teens and 20s.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:15 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
While the authorities have said nothing confirming an idenity other sites puts that guy as a court martial-ed USAF vet who once taught in a vacation Bible school but recently had "liked" atheist sites and videos whose mother in law attended the targeted church.
Yup, that's what I just read too. Court martial-ed and dishonorably discharged.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:16 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How many more mass shootings do you want to see before we put in place some basic firearms reform (not bans)?

How are you going to feel next time when it's some folks from your family?
They don't care. We are all scared of the Gun Lobby.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:16 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Sucks to have enough of these events to be talking about them back to back on the news.

It doesn't really matter who he is. If he were black it wouldn't be my fault, if he's a white guy it doesn't mean its white guy's faults. Same with liberal or conservative, atheist, Muslim, etc.

Mass shootings aren't a team sport people. Sucks anyway you look at it.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:19 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Guns are made for killing. You have to take them out every once in awhile and practice. The odds of them being 100's of millions here in the States and NOT having monthly mass murders are quite low. Of course, this is in addition to the regular ole murders, suicides, horrible injuries, etc.

I'm that holdout guy. Shot a rifle since I was 7, won awards at military school, etc. and I hope to never own a firearm. I do have some bear spray tho - just got it. I think it may help if a dog comes after me...or even a human.

Come to think of it, a small flame thrower might be neat. Problem is, the house will need serviced afterwards.
Since the shooter is a white male, I think that's why you posted the above.

You would probably have a totally different version of thoughts if the same atrocity was done by a middle eastern guy using the same gun.

This is called brain washing by the media where our thoughts are not our thoughts anymore.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:21 PM

5,109 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Everyone needs to chill out.

Info is still all over the map. Let the process play out.
Yeah, however and I think it'll slip into conspiracy theories territory then it happened a couple of days after that guy used his truck to hit pedestrians in NYC and around the same moment then Mueller do his investigation and adding then some bloggers said it happened on Guy Fawkes day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies