Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 06:24 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times

Advertisements

The Daily Mail posted a new article about Devin Kelley. Texas church shooter Devin Kelley was an 'outcast' | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
We As American People "MUST STOP DANCING AROUND THE ISSUE" call it what it is -"TERRORISM"

We can't go on this elitist madness of only wanting to use the word "Terrorist" when it comes to "foreign people in foreign lands", that is nothing but "bigotry" and "bias". We need to realize we have WITHIN America... "Terrorist', we can and should call them exactly what they are "URBAN DOMESTIC TERRORIST" !!!!!

To heck with this "playing it down with some claim of mental illness, (which is may well be, but that does not dismiss the fact they are "Terrorist", Heck, for that matter, Foreign Terrorist may well have "mental issue", but we don't hesitate to call them "Terrorist".

Geez!!!!

People wake up.... America has "URBAN DOMESTIC TERRORIST" !!!!! they come in many ways, from "Gangs", "Mafiso", to these recent acts, they come as "Racist Groups" and many other forms..

But... we need to quite lying and pretending... and call it what it is!!!! Get over this stupid madness that any time a white person does this, the first idiotic thing people want to "sanitize it" with the claim of only "mental illness'.. Hell No.... They are "TERRORIST" !!!!!!!!!

And STOP plastering the picture of the Terrorist all over the internet and TV !!!!! Show them a few times "for Identity Sake", but after a day or two... "NO More Mass posting of their picture" !!!!

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
What you need is MORE guns on the streets, that will work right? Perhaps the pastor should keep a machine gun under his vestment, that way he could 'spray' bullets at the congregation as soon as somebody starts a shootin' no?
I note the sarcastic tone in your post.

But perhaps a priest should keep a gun nearby as should other leaders at soft target locations should keep weaponry handy. Someone such as this shooter, James Homes, Jarod Lochner and Adam Lanza knew that they could safely shoot up a facility and not get taken down until police arrived and many were dead. They'd get their five minutes of fame. If there were a risk they'd die after killing one person or maybe on one they'd think twice.

Then again, and this is thoughts for another thread, we're ignoring evidence of mental illness and tendencies toward dangerous conduct. His dishonorable discharge seriously makes me wonder who knew what about the shooter.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Can you explain why gun laws that work in other countries wouldn't work here?
Please give me the name of those countries, and I can answer. All countries are different.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:26 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Please give me the name of those countries, and I can answer. All countries are different.
Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, the UK, Denmark, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Ireland.

You know, the entire developed world. The UK as an example has a gun homicide rate of 0.07. The US is 3.85.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:26 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
The Daily Mail posted a new article about Devin Kelley. Texas church shooter Devin Kelley was an 'outcast' | Daily Mail Online
Of course he was. When you feel connected to larger society, you don't perform acts like this guy did.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:27 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
We As American People "MUST STOP DANCING AROUND THE ISSUE" call it what it is -"TERRORISM"

We can't go on this elitist madness of only wanting to use the word "Terrorist" when it comes to "foreign people in foreign lands", that is nothing but "bigotry" and "bias". We need to realize we have WITHIN America... "Terrorist', we can and should call them exactly what they are "URBAN DOMESTIC TERRORIST" !!!!!

To heck with this "playing it down with some claim of mental illness, (which is may well be, but that does not dismiss the fact they are "Terrorist", Heck, for that matter, Foreign Terrorist may well have "mental issue", but we don't hesitate to call them "Terrorist".

Geez!!!!

People wake up.... America has "URBAN DOMESTIC TERRORIST" !!!!! they come in many ways, from "Gangs", "Mafiso", to these recent acts, they come as "Racist Groups" and many other forms..

But... we need to quite lying and pretending... and call it what it is!!!! Get over this stupid madness that any time a white person does this, the first idiotic thing people want to "sanitize it" with the claim of only "mental illness'.. Hell No.... They are "TERRORIST" !!!!!!!!!

And STOP plastering the picture of the Terrorist all over the internet and TV !!!!! Show them a few times "for Identity Sake", but after a day or two... "NO More Mass posting of their picture" !!!!
I don't agree with you often but this is exactly what it is. Good post.

How do we deal with Urban Terrorist?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
UK, Australia, Japan and Germany

Old 11-06-2017, 06:33 AM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Machine gun type guns? Are you referring to semi-automatic weapons?

I have a 45 with several 13 round magazines. My 100 round rate of fire is similar with that of my 300 Blackout and AR-556 with 30 round magazines.

So, is my 45 a "machine gun type gun"?

It's ok if you say yes, I just want to be clear on what you regard as "machine gun type guns".
To be honest I don't know guns. I'm referring to the type the news mentions in these type shootings. Assault type weapons that shoot off large amounts of bullets. I guess I think of it like a machine gun type weapon, but I have no experience to know. Is that what they are, or have that function? Thanks

Old 11-06-2017, 06:34 AM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, the UK, Denmark, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Belgium, Ireland.

You know, the entire developed world. The UK as an example has a gun homicide rate of 0.07. The US is 3.85.
It could be interesting to see the homicide rate by other weapons like bats and knives.

And desipite more stricter gun laws, we got a bikers war in Quebec, Canada anyway. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Biker_war
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies