Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 02:04 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Special needs student scores touchdown in amazing display of sportsmanship

Suspect is dead. Should we just skip the condolences and get straight to finger pointing?
27 dead, 30 injured in Sutherland Springs church shooting, sources say |Local ABC News

According to CNN - The shooter was killed after a brief chase north into neighboring Guadalupe County, according Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office spokesman Robert Murphy. It is unclear if the shooter was killed by police or took his own life, Murphy said.

Sutherland Springs is an unincorporated community located on the old Spanish land grant of Manuel Tarin in northern Wilson County, Texas, United States. It is on U.S. Highway 87 at the intersection with Farm Road 539, about 21 miles east of Downtown San Antonio. Old Sutherland Springs occupies a portion of the South bank of the Cibolo Creek, with New Sutherland Springs (which is mostly in ruins) on the north bank of the Cibolo Creek. According to the Handbook of Texas, the population was 362 in 2000.

According to locals - about 50 people usually attended the Church Services on Sunday - this shooting pretty much hit all of them - it will devastate the Community .... which is very, very small.

Folks ... we have lost our Humanity. I quit counting posts on page 9 - but the posts below actually had something to do with the destruction of Lives and a small community that wasn't even a town today.
The rest are Political Ideology and a callousness toward life and people.

I thank the posters who posted these posts - this is a horrible thing and we care about these people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 02:05 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
How? Shoot back.

Campos could have returned fire. Maybe even the engineer. That would have really put a monkey wrench in paddocks plan.

I dont. If they did, shame on them for not returning fire. I train or compete every weekend. I'd have shot back. I always carry 2 pistols on me. 3 magazines for each.

LOL really? Have you ever fired a gun indoors?! You can't be that stupid unless you've never fired a gun... even suppressed you're going to hear it.
Lol. She's probably never even seen a gun in person...lol

Old 11-05-2017, 02:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Mass shooting is no news in America now
No more than multi-car pileups on the highway.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:09 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,045,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

Following 9/11 my highschool made us do lock down drills in case of a school shooting was carried out.
Alot of good locking a classroom door with a glass window will do while we are laying face down on the floor like fish in a barrel.

I do agree though to work a glass window needs to either be bullet proof, or we should install 2nd doors w/o windows for emergencies.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:11 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,770,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
The peoples right to arms, is the "gun problem" you are referencing?
Part of it, Yes. Other western countries don't have our gun problem and they don't have a misused 2nd Amendment.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:14 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,310 times
Well, what can you do.

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
27 dead, 30 injured in Sutherland Springs church shooting, sources say |Local ABC News

According to CNN - The shooter was killed after a brief chase north into neighboring Guadalupe County, according Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office spokesman Robert Murphy. It is unclear if the shooter was killed by police or took his own life, Murphy said.

Sutherland Springs is an unincorporated community located on the old Spanish land grant of Manuel Tarin in northern Wilson County, Texas, United States. It is on U.S. Highway 87 at the intersection with Farm Road 539, about 21 miles east of Downtown San Antonio. Old Sutherland Springs occupies a portion of the South bank of the Cibolo Creek, with New Sutherland Springs (which is mostly in ruins) on the north bank of the Cibolo Creek. According to the Handbook of Texas, the population was 362 in 2000.

According to locals - about 50 people usually attended the Church Services on Sunday- this shooting pretty much hit all of them - it will devastate the Community .... which is very, very small.

Folks ... we have lost our Humanity. I quit counting posts on page 9 - but the posts below actually had something to do with the destruction of Lives and a small community that wasn't even a town today.
The rest are Political Ideology and a callousness toward life and people.

I thank the posters who posted these posts - this is a horrible thing and we care about these people.
Heartbreaking tragedy for such a tiny town.

9,569 posts, read 5,619,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
No more than multi-car pileups on the highway.
At least multi-car pileups aren't intentional.

Go hug your guns America.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

Well that's a stupid thing to say!

Old 11-05-2017, 02:18 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post

And traffic-related deaths will be reduced in the future with autonomous cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies