Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be the most effective at curbing America’s gun violence?
More guns in the hands of more people 92 41.44%
Less guns in the hands of less people 130 58.56%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:16 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,133,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Guess you've never driven in the north east (NY VT MA CT) or down here in Florida...
You'd be surprised how many nondrivers are on the roads who legit can not drive nor should they have licenses to drive especially during the winter.

Florida is unique as its one big fluster cluck of drivers from all over.
That and between my generation and younger with cell phones, and old snowbirds stroking out...

Ahh the tried and true I don't want to take your guns away... ahh yes, the failed feel good reassurance.

No you don't want to take what I currently have. You just want to restrict future generations and what I have access to at a later time and date because it makes you feel good.
Regulation is not restriction.

I support regulation of medicine, does that mean I want to restrict medicine. I support regulation of water, does that mean I want to restrict water????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 10:19 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
As I stated, streets are NOT gun free zones, yet many drive bys occur daily.

Explain that???
I'm not in a gang nor do I have any desire to be in one. Nor sympathize their causes.
Perhaps ban cars and drive by shootings can't happen... if a firearm is detected in a car/truck/suv it can't start

The explanation is, the car provides the shooter a platform, one to allow said shooter to get away as they hope undetected or unidentified. Target would be either outside or inside a residence intention of striking fear and killing or maiming I would assume.

You're trying to get me to explain the logic or motive of a driveby... I'm not a criminal. I have far too much to loose to engage in criminal enterprise...

Old 11-05-2017, 10:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,089,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Relax. We went over this later on in the thread.
Ah yes, I saw that post. All good.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:21 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,652,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL this is what it looks like when your argument runs out of steam.

That link worked... this thread is titled firearm violence. I see you dodged acknowledging the numbers from that graph as that is relevant. Not 21k suicides.

Or did you shift goal posts again and now consider suicide violence that is inflicted onto others?
I’m well aware of the title of my own thread. And how is suicide not a form of violence? And even if you discount them, you’re trying to say 10,000 gun homicides a year is good?? How big of you. If the interpretation of the second amendment is anyone can have as many guns as they want, whenever they want, then put me down for eliminating the second amendment.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:21 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,384,516 times
Ban people....

Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,133,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ban people....
You mean like Trump suggested?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDffWUjcBA

Old 11-05-2017, 10:24 PM

Let's not forget. The USA is the third most populous country in the world. So shootings may happen daily, but the fact is we are statistically highly unlikely to be in the throes of one.

What is more common in terms of guns gone wrong is gun mishandling and suicides. Those are functions of education and mental health, respectively.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:24 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,215,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Lets put it this way. We've tried more guns.
It doesn't work.
Lets try less guns shall we?
Then we will see an increase in knife stabbings, axings, vehicles being used to plow into crowds and what ever other source people will resort to when wanting to kill.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:25 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,465,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Regulation is not restriction.

I support regulation of medicine, does that mean I want to restrict medicine. I support regulation of water, does that mean I want to restrict water????
Regulation is restriction.
Odd how you say it's not restriction when if I were to go move back to NY the moment I crossed into the state, my weapons their magazines make me a felon, yet...
In America they're not evil assault weapons...

You want to ban or limit access to (insert weapon/weapons here) based on what some scumbag did with it.

I don't support regulation of water. That's how California gets its droughts. Also silly to fine people who collect rain water for whatever their reason may be...
I don't support regulation of all medicines as that drives costs up significantly. However. I am in favor of banning any habit forming pain killers and suggest doctors become more proficient in treating patients not their pain. Pain is a symptom of something more severe... pain killers are temporary band aid.

That's getting off topic. Tell me how regulation isn't restriction? Is it because you won't go after Fudd guns?

Old 11-05-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Then we will see an increase in knife stabbings, axings, and what ever other source people will resort to when wanting to kill.
Then what is behind such violent tendencies in the USA?

Considering your moniker, maybe you have some theories?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies