Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:25 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, in the instance of the church shooting, someone shot him before he might have went to another target.
After he'd already killed 26 people with his gun.

Cause and effect, cause and effect. It's not rocket science to anyone other than.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Should happen in EVERY instance.. not the rare occurrence..
How should it happen in EVERY instance? I'm not following where you're going.

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
If you can show me a method that makes every weapon disappear with no way of another weapon being created ever again, I'd be all for it.

Do you have such a method?
I was asking theoretically. If culture is our problem, should we be looking at ourselves and our society instead of the guns?

Old 11-06-2017, 09:26 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
After he'd already killed 26 people with his gun.

Cause and effect, cause and effect. It's not rocket science to anyone other than.......
If there was more armed people, how many of those 26 would have been saved?

The problem isnt too many guns, its WHO HAS THEM...

Old 11-06-2017, 09:26 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
What's next?

More mass shootings for days 310 through 365. Start over in 2018 and see if we beat our 2017 record.
Convenient tracker here.

Why restrict good gun owners?
307 in 309 days only with the help of a thesaurus and creative statistics.

Dems hate and fear mongering campaign continues. The free press is free of ethics as they detail each crime in excrucirtaing detail as if to provide instructions for th e next wack job. They claim 'records' were achieved with the number killed as if challenging the next wack job.

Violence is a far more complex issue than the bumper sticker solutions offerred.

Trump's attempt to vet immigrants is met with derision and court challenges and claims his efforts would not have prevented terrorists like the latest guy in NY. the same people then propose gun laws that would have had zero imact on the latest or previous shootings and say it is a good thing. No wonder places like chicago are perennial killing fields.

then we have a president who lied about places with strict guns laws having the least amount of violence. Obama joins Colorado's diane degette and CA sen Yee as blathering idots who are willing to sacrifice lives today, in order to eventually ban all guns. At least anti gun activist Yee is behind bars for selling rocket launchers and auto weapons to anyone with cash.

Complex problems solved with bumper sticker slogans and redefining terminology bought to you by the democrats hate and fear mongering campaign to forward a political agenda.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
How should it happen in EVERY instance? I'm not following where you're going.
If you pull out a gun to shoot someone.. you should be shot.. period..

And when criminals know they will be shot, maybe crime will fall.

Cops dont even investigate things like home burglaries anymore. they just file reports and off they go. If police actually caught the criminals to begin with, then maybe crime wouldnt escalate. If they were shot dead, then they wont be bothering others again.. I've got no problem killing people who wish to harm others.. period

Old 11-06-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I was asking theoretically. If culture is our problem, should we be looking at ourselves and our society instead of the guns?
Exactly.. We have a society where people expect no ramifications for their actions until its too late. We have households with single parents raising children who are raising themselves because parents are out working, or even worse, partying and drinking. Giving their kids drugs because its "cool" and they are gonna get them anyways..

Society as a whole is failing our children, its no wonder we are the way we are.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:33 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Why not both?

Old 11-06-2017, 09:36 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why not both?
Because I just did a little experiment by walking into a gun store and I was not tempted to pick one up and start killing.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:38 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
Because I just did a little experiment by walking into a gun store and I was not tempted to pick one up and start killing.
Maybe that's because you're rational and sane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies