Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:22 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yes. Nobody should ever have to have any form of ID. Thats simply a BRILLIANT idea!
There are times when you DO need it...like if you're driving somewhere, or are cashing a check. Personally, I think ID should be required to use a credit card, but some disagree with me--even though it helps PROTECT you by using it.

But not ALL the time. If I'm walking home for lunch at 2 a.m., why should I have my ID on me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I think you have it wrong.
Part of the price of governing a FREE society is having to weigh the effects of govt intrusion on the individual. Our constitution doesn't protect collective rights, it protects individual rights. My privacy is protected from Govt intrusion by the constitution. End of subject. Unless you can show where the right of the govt to invade my privacy arbitrarily is protected anywhere in any document in the federal archives.

We protect the rights of the entire society by protecting every individuals rights.

I personally ask my Govt for nothing except to be left alone.
Tell that to the folks that voted for the Patriot Act.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong. You don't have that option. You can turn off the location functionality on some phones for enhanced subscriber services, but not for 911.

Code of Federal Regulations, Title 47, Volume 2, Section 20.18 (http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/11sep20071500/edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2007/octqtr/47cfr20.18.htm - broken link) states (emphasis mine):

There you have it. Hopefully this is the end of the off-topic tangent...
My phone you can. I guess not everyone has the LATEST toys.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:25 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Tell that to the folks that voted for the Patriot Act.
That would be Congress, the same folks that hear people like you asking for Govt controls on things like guns eh? After all, if you think that you need them to decide what you can protect yourself with why shouldn't they decide the rest of your life?

Old 03-23-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
That would be Congress, the same folks that hear people like you asking for Govt controls on things like guns eh? After all, if you think that you need them to decide what you can protect yourself with why shouldn't they decide the rest of your life?
Why should they be allowed to make ANY laws? Laws are just a restriction of people's freedom.

I say, "Let it ALL hang out." Survival of the fittest, and see who's left at the end of the chaos.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:34 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

I say, "Let it ALL hang out." Survival of the fittest, and see who's left at the end of the chaos.
Yes, thats the stuff! I'm sure you were ebing sarcastic. But I agree with you none the less. HA

Old 03-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
Yes, thats the stuff! I'm sure you were ebing sarcastic. But I agree with you none the less. HA
That's the thing, I'm deadly serious. I know I can take care of myself...let's see the rich TRY to do the same thing. See how much their MONEY does for them then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies