Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 02:07 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Timothy McVeigh killed more people than all of these combined, and he didn't use anything but simple ingredients found in any hardware store. No guns needed.

i.e. Gun control won't stop it as you attempt to suggest.
Oklahoma 168

Sutherland and Vegas are 84
VT - 32
Aurora -12
Columbine -13

Add Sandy Hook - 27 makes 168

And Oregon, Charleston, Navy Yard, Washington cop massacre, Omaha mall shooting, Red Lake massacre. and on and on and on, I lose count.

I'm not suggesting anything.

I'm asking you for a Solution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There is no "problem" aside from people violating the non-aggression principle and we never address that soooooooo...
Address it. Floor's yours.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:10 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I do not understand this at all. He should still be in prison, for attempted murder.
We can't offend anyone now.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:12 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Another mass shooting and another conservative offers no solution other than accept it, get over it, my guns before your life. Color me surprised.
yea, x10billion squared.

the countries with no guns don't have our murder rates. PERIOD.

and I doubt there were "liberals" involved in this latest mass shooting-

in fact I wasn't aware Texas was a pro gun-control state
(in answer to the "liberals reap what you sow " response, which made entirely no sense to me at all, but then again there isn't a lot of logic in the pro guns posts)

Old 11-06-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
How about my RIGHTS, and MY LIFE, and the lives of all the law abiding? They don't have a right to defend their lives against violent criminals? Address the PEOPLE committing violent crime, that's a solution. Don't penalize those who do no wrong.

Cars, and trucks are used in mass murders. Why don't we start by taking yours?
Where's my right not to have my family mowed down at the screening of the next Disney movie. Where's my right to MY LIFE?

Old 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,299,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
That whole original post is goobledygook. The framers of the Constitution never contemplated the idea of unfettered access by the general public to weapons with the function to shoot, maim and kill as many human beings as possible in the minimum amount of time.

And as long as the slime in Congress is willing to be controlled by a for profit industry whose sole goal is to put as much money as possible into their own pockets, human lives will be considered less valuable than gun industry profits.

Anyone want to volunteer their own 5 year old to get killed next? Or their pregnant wife and 3 kids? C'mon, it's clearly no big deal as long as the gun industry makes lots of money and GOP politicians get lots of contributions.
Nonsense...the 2A is very clear and no amount of mental acrobatics is going to change that....individuals have the right to keep and bear arms...period....Got it?

We do not have a gun problem in the US.....despite our societal problems, drug war, gangs, etc.... gun violence is at historical low, in 2016 our murder rate was "only" 3 times higher than Canada (meaning very low in absolute terms) often mentioned as the darling of the anti gun folks.

The only new measures I support is federal mandated background checks for private sales as long they are as easily implemented as the current NICS system and mandatory proficiency test for CCW holders but with CCW permits reciprocated in all 50 states....that's it. Politicians should be frank and honest with people....in a free society we cannot prevent evil acts.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:20 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,299,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Where's my right not to have my family mowed down at the screening of the next Disney movie. Where's my right to MY LIFE?
Go and live alone in a cell....living in a society involves risks...

Old 11-06-2017, 02:21 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Nonsense...the 2A is very clear and no amount of mental acrobatics is going to change that....individuals have the right to keep and bear arms...period....Got it?

We do not have a gun problem in the US.....despite our societal problems, drug war, gangs, etc.... gun violence is at historical low, in 2016 our murder rate was "only" 3 times higher than Canada (meaning very low in absolute terms) often mentioned as the darling of the anti gun folks.

The only new measures I support is federal mandated background checks for private sales as long they are as easily implemented as the current NICS system and mandatory proficiency test for CCW holders but with CCW permits reciprocated in all 50 states....that's it. Politicians should be frank and honest with people....in a free society we cannot prevent evil acts.
Try reading history some time and you will find out that it's not at all clear and hasn't been from the time it was enacted. Got it?

Old 11-06-2017, 02:22 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,210,275 times
Criminals should not be able to buy guns from legal sellers.

This man turns out to have spent time (12 months) in a military prison.

The GOP has the issue in their court while they are in power and do nothing. They pander for a vote.

Old 11-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Go and live alone in a cell....living in a society involves risks...
No. Because I have unalienable right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Living alone in a cell would restrict my liberty and pursuit of happiness. And gun-lickers infringe on them with their absolute avoidance of addressing the issue. Like I wrote in my first post - your guns over everyone's life.

Last edited by kajo13; 11-06-2017 at 02:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies