Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 06:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Anti-trust lawsuit coming to Twitter, for the double standard & censorship and banning of Conservatives.

Quote:
“I have been inundated on Twitter with bloggers threatening to kill me, my wife my kids and even my dogs yet Twitter seems unconcerned about that,” he said “This is just part and parcel of the tech lefts effort to silence conservative voices.”
“I have retained one of the best telecommunications lawyers in the country and will be bringing a legal action against Twitter over the suspension of my account,”
“The battle for free speech has just begun.”
Longtime Trump associate Roger Stone Jr. said he will sue Twitter in response to the company banning him from the platform.

Milo and 1000's others to file an Abacus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 06:19 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
IMHO, their site, their rules.

If they want to ban conservative posts, they should be allowed to do so.

As far anti-trust, there are plenty of other social media outlets out there.

I think the suit should be thrown out.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:22 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Anti-trust lawsuit coming to Twitter, for the double standard & censorship and banning of Conservatives.

Longtime Trump associate Roger Stone Jr. said he will sue Twitter in response to the company banning him from the platform.

Unfortunately free speech rights only pertain to the govt. Twitter, and the NFL are not the government.

This dude ought to spend his money on a conservative operating platform/twitter esque app.

It's no different than here. How many times are posts deleted or edited?

Those who run the show-call the shots, so long as they're not the government.

“Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech”

Doesn't say anything about twitter, facebook, cnn, CD, etc etc.

Sucks but I don't see this gaining anything other than 10 minutes of media coverage. I doubt anything will come of it. I say instead of spending money on an attorney, make a conservative app to counter twitter, Facebook, youtube, etc.

If libs can have profiles shut down, so can conservatives.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:24 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:

awww the trumpteam mad oh maybe they make their money that way--- suing everyone in their path

Old 11-11-2017, 06:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
They are going to prove, the competing app, "GAB" was shutdown by Twitter and their association, with the app store and the other app providers.
They have testimony in front of Congress recently, admitting to censoring Paul Joseph Watson, when congressional Democrats demand it happen, to add to the extent of the organization on the internet and the malice intent.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:47 AM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
Are you not able to unsubscribe from Twitter? That’s what I would do if I were on it and people were threatening me.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:51 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Well, OP, either you like free market capitalism or you don't. Make up your mind.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:53 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Only a fool would believe anything in the article.

You want to use Twitter? Abide by their rules. Too bad solo sad about poor ol' Roger Stone.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:53 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Aww diddums Roger Stone has been banned from his twitter account and has thrown his toys out of the pram. Boo hoo.
What a snowflake.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:03 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:

Poor little snowflake. It's hard when there are consequences to your actions, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies