Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 09:02 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
You don't know me at all. Don't assume please.

I have an open mind. I am very open to change if it can be proven statistically. But just being told have faith, no.

I like certain foods and ones I believe are good for me. If something comes out that proves that particular food is more likely to give me cancer I will stop eating it. I won't let my previous beliefs about that food get in my way.

Reality is you don't have any interest in finding out whether or not what you believe can be backed up statistically. You are already set in your beliefs and nothing will change that.
Exactly. You are not changing my mind. I am not changing yours. To be honest I have had things happen in my life that have massaged the way I feel about God, but I know that would fall on deaf ears.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:03 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If God is "imaginary" (your 'truth'), then tell us how the universe was created, and how everything just magically holds together in perfect balance. Explain how the earth just happened to have an atmosphere and all that is required for plants, animals, etc. to live and grow, and how were those plants and animals and humans brought into being?

Okay, smarty ...I'm waiting for your answer.

If God ceased to be tomorrow, so would you, because it is through Him that you live and breath.
Good grief. You do realize that 99.99999% of the universe will kill you don't you, not to mention many things right here on earth. There is no perfect balance, not even close.

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Your God is a false god. Allah, the god of Islam, is the One True God. 1.6 billion Muslims can’t be wrong.

Every time you worship the false god of Christianity, you mock the True God, Allah.
Blasphemous! How dare you deny The Flying Spaghetti Monster!

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
And people wonder why religions have caused more wars over time than anything else.
I don't think anyone wonders why. It is a fact.

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
God didn't do his job either. But, of course, that is the government's fault as well.
GOD made this covenant with us that He/She/It... "I"... would no longer intervene, nor can we just walk around being robots.

We were never guaranteed to have a life of lollypops and B-jobs.

If you expect God to be like Linda Carter with deflector shields, don't know what to tell you.

I can tell you this, God either tis, or taint. Pick one. Most of y'all already picked taint, so you ain't qualified to tell us about God being the One to blame here. Oh you can do it, you'll just be wasting your breath.

Quote:
Your God is a false god. Allah, the god of Islam, is the One True God. 1.6 billion Muslims can’t be wrong.

Every time you worship the false god of Christianity, you mock the True God, Allah.
By their fruits they shall be known. Call God what you want. "In Christ I see a great Man, not too closely followed by those who claimed Him."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
If prayers work why do you need guns?
"God has a hardon for the Marines. HE plays His games, we play ours."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Love this. Every true believer believes they, and only they, know the one true God. Christians are absolutely no different from Muslims in that regard. Or from every other religion in the world, for that matter. It's actually pretty funny to watch them argue why they are right and everyone else is wrong. You literally cannot tell one argument from the other. They are exactly alike.
Strapping bombs to children is one thing I don't think the Carpenter is very down on, amongst other things.

What the Carpenter did/does/says/bees is one thing, how we interpret and use it is unfortunately quite another.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-07-2017 at 09:17 AM..

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:

Allah is the arabic word for God, not the Islamic god but god in general. Christian Arabs call god Allah.

What your saying is nonsense It's like saying God in English means Christian God. God in English can mean any god, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc..

Old 11-07-2017, 09:04 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Matt Walsh is a militant, extremist, right-wing, judgmental dick who has said horrible things about those of whose lifestyle he does not approve.

That tool has no right to tell anyone else to shut up.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:06 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
And literally a few verses later they use the sword in his defense, he tut tuts them, picks up the guard's ear and sticks it back on, and says no more of this. Way to ignore the context. What makes it particularly ironic is the disciples misinterpreted those words exactly the same way you just did and get reprimanded for it soon after.
So we get into dueling interpretation. One sees total pacifism while another sees instructions not to act out of revenge but you still act to protect the innocent. Be you one of the 11 trying to stop and unjust arrest to the incident spawning this thread and plumber in Texas

Old 11-07-2017, 09:07 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I don't think anyone wonders why. It is a fact.
Makes me think about John Lennon's "Imagine" and how true the words are. So much hate and anger among all these religions of "peace".

Old 11-07-2017, 09:09 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Love this. Every true believer believes they, and only they, know the one true God. Christians are absolutely no different from Muslims in that regard. Or from every other religion in the world, for that matter. It's actually pretty funny to watch them argue why they are right and everyone else is wrong. You literally cannot tell one argument from the other. They are exactly alike.
Oh you noticed that too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies