Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 05:01 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Man is responsible . Not God.
Yes, this is the position non believers take........................

For both bad things that happen as well as good things that happen.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:08 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
God cannot be omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent. That's the problem of believing in an all powerful God. It does not make any sense to credit God with the good but then not blame Him for the bad.
Satan comes to steal , kill and destroy. This world is fallen. It is not paradise. Satan is real . The first war was in heaven when Lucifer rebelled and wanted to be higher than God.

God cast out satan and took one third of the angels. There are spirit entities that are here on earth to kill , steal and destroy. We need God and his direction.

There is a battle of good vs. evil in the spirit world. We are no just flesh and blood. We are a spiritual being first.

Many do not even know about this world of good and evil. They think things just happen because God was not there to stop it. God gave us his word and knowledge to defeat and overcome the world.

God also said do not fear dying if you are in the kingdom of God . God created us and he does know from beginning to end. Of course we see the evil of what happened. Many lost loved ones and it is very hard to go on knowing the evil in this world is there to do this. But God is there to comfort them . The Holy Spirit of God is there and they will seek comfort there.

It is man's responsibility what goes on in the world. What we accept and what we reject , what we believe and what we don't believe. Do not blame God for this world. We have moved into evil times.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:09 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
I know what mockery means.

If you think, "Please stop with the thoughts and prayers. They are not working" is mockery than we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Its a statement of fact.
That's amazing!!! Why didn't you tell us all you could read minds and knew that was the specific comment I was thinking about.

It's a good thing I wasn't thinking of comments such as "Will they finally learn their stupid prayers don't work. They should stop believing in Santa too."

If I had been thinking of comments like that which were flying around social media, you'd have egg on your face as that is an example of mockery.

But clearly, your ability to read minds gave you the ability to know exactly which comment I was commenting on.

WINNING for you!!!

Old 11-07-2017, 05:11 AM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As a Christian that prays, the mockery doesn't bother me other than the fact I feel bad that they don't know Christ.
I feel bad that Christ allowed this to happen in his house...

Old 11-07-2017, 05:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I feel bad that Christ allowed this to happen in his house...
I don't know the reason God does anything. I just go with the fact that He has a plan. He gives you the freedom to question Him if you choose.

BTW, I don't know if it was His plan, but a lot of people are discussing prayer. I also bet church attendance goes up.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:17 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Why do you assume people who acknowledge that prayer alone doesn't help are non-Christian?
Personally I would assume people who mockingly say prayer didn't help the people in the church are non Christians.
Those who say prayer alone is not enough could certainly be Christians.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:19 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
God is not mocked. In the end times many Christians will be killed. It is the spirit of anti-Christ that is here in America. Many think they mock God, but in reality they are following the spirit that is here to kill, steal and destroy them.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:20 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WALSH: If You're Responding To A Massacre At A Church By Mocking Prayer, Please Shut Up | Daily Wire

"I have never in my life been more disgusted than I am right now. Of course I'm disgusted first and foremost by the evil, pitiful coward who slaughtered so many innocent Christians while they worshiped on Sunday. But I'm nearly as disgusted by the reaction from so many people. A reaction that has included the gleeful mockery of faith and prayer.

Moments after the bodies hit the church floor, there were people -- including prominent people -- on social media practically gloating about it. "See? Prayer doesn't work!" "Prayer isn't enough!" "This is where prayers get you!" Etc.

There is never a good time for this ridiculous anti-prayer nonsense, but right after 25 Christians were murdered at a church is the worst possible time imaginable. So please, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, shut up: "

Well I guess we don't need to look very far to see where this evil starts. Many people out there are evil to begin with. Disgusting to comment the way they do.
I personally have not heard such talk, except maybe in the "Christianity" forum. In the other hand I have heard people mock the "thoughts and prayers" coming from our politicians. Unfortunately the "thoughts and prayers" is typically the only thing our politicians do after massacres. We need to do more than that.

Saying "thoughts and prayers" sounds empty and hollow coming from people who are in position to do something about the problem. According to the Bible, God Himself appoints people in authority, so our Congress and Presidents were appointed by God to do His will, and it seems they are failing at that job. God did not put Joshua in charge to think and pray, he put him in charge to carry out His will.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-07-2017 at 05:36 AM..

Old 11-07-2017, 05:20 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Prayer without action is meaningless. If your kid gets sick are you just gonna pray for him or take him to a doctor?

There are measures that can be taken that would reduce gun deaths in this country. Prayers aren't one of them.

I have nothing against praying, but God helps those who help themselves, right?

Old 11-07-2017, 05:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WALSH: If You're Responding To A Massacre At A Church By Mocking Prayer, Please Shut Up | Daily Wire

"I have never in my life been more disgusted than I am right now. Of course I'm disgusted first and foremost by the evil, pitiful coward who slaughtered so many innocent Christians while they worshiped on Sunday. But I'm nearly as disgusted by the reaction from so many people. A reaction that has included the gleeful mockery of faith and prayer.

Moments after the bodies hit the church floor, there were people -- including prominent people -- on social media practically gloating about it. "See? Prayer doesn't work!" "Prayer isn't enough!" "This is where prayers get you!" Etc.

There is never a good time for this ridiculous anti-prayer nonsense, but right after 25 Christians were murdered at a church is the worst possible time imaginable. So please, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, shut up: "

Well I guess we don't need to look very far to see where this evil starts. Many people out there are evil to begin with. Disgusting to comment the way they do.
It is uncomfortable when people question the effectiveness of prayer during a time like this.

It isn't mocking prayer -- its been skeptical of its effectiveness and purpose AND.....is a critiicsm for those that quickly hand out prayers and thoughts to people during a tragedy without REALLY meaning to offer up any assistance, help or any kind of measures to prevent this kind of tragedy.

That's not mocking...that's being frustrated, angry and hurt.

Human nature will question religion, prayer, God during any horrific tragedy...it's just what humans do.

It's frustration, sadness, anger. I feel for all those that get comfort from prayer and for those that are frustrated that don't think prayers are enough.

I think that if there is a God that's what he would want me to do. He wouldn't want me to rant and rave and judge, he'd want me to try to understand, forgive and if I'm so inclined to do so, pray for those that feel so helpless and frustrated by this tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies