Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:03 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WALSH: If You're Responding To A Massacre At A Church By Mocking Prayer, Please Shut Up | Daily Wire

"I have never in my life been more disgusted than I am right now. Of course I'm disgusted first and foremost by the evil, pitiful coward who slaughtered so many innocent Christians while they worshiped on Sunday. But I'm nearly as disgusted by the reaction from so many people. A reaction that has included the gleeful mockery of faith and prayer.

Moments after the bodies hit the church floor, there were people -- including prominent people -- on social media practically gloating about it. "See? Prayer doesn't work!" "Prayer isn't enough!" "This is where prayers get you!" Etc.

There is never a good time for this ridiculous anti-prayer nonsense, but right after 25 Christians were murdered at a church is the worst possible time imaginable. So please, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, shut up: "

Well I guess we don't need to look very far to see where this evil starts. Many people out there are evil to begin with. Disgusting to comment the way they do.
Thank you for this thread.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
True, Faith without works is dead. Church leaders are waking up to the evil times and now have to consider security, locking the doors, and being vigilant of people. A sign that evil has come to all areas of life. Even in God's house.
Wouldn't this be against some Biblical teachings?

3,212 posts, read 1,652,835 times
Trump's desire to let mentally ill people to have firearms > prayer

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Well, you believe Satan is the root of evil so somewhere along the line, yeah, Satan is pulling strings in your religious view. And God is either powerless to stop it or He doesn't care to stop it.
You are an unbeliever. Satan controls the unbeliever. That's why you hold such views.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And the nasty people have spoken.
That's a neat and convenient way to halt discourse on the subject.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:14 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Well, you believe Satan is the root of evil so somewhere along the line, yeah, Satan is pulling strings in your religious view. And God is either powerless to stop it or He doesn't care to stop it.
This world is evil. Man without God is evil. Period... God loves us even when we are evil to the core. If that person turns from their evil ways and is born of the spirit of God through Jesus , they will overcome evil with good.

They will be born again and the good nature of God will reside in them. The old nature will battle with the new nature. If they feed the new nature they will overcome the evil in their hearts and walk with God. They are a new creature in Christ.

The Holy Spirit will guide them into all areas in their life. Without God evil will prevail. God loves all of us. Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Romans 8:38

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-8-38/

Old 11-07-2017, 06:15 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WALSH: If You're Responding To A Massacre At A Church By Mocking Prayer, Please Shut Up | Daily Wire

"I have never in my life been more disgusted than I am right now. Of course I'm disgusted first and foremost by the evil, pitiful coward who slaughtered so many innocent Christians while they worshiped on Sunday. But I'm nearly as disgusted by the reaction from so many people. A reaction that has included the gleeful mockery of faith and prayer.

Moments after the bodies hit the church floor, there were people -- including prominent people -- on social media practically gloating about it. "See? Prayer doesn't work!" "Prayer isn't enough!" "This is where prayers get you!" Etc.

There is never a good time for this ridiculous anti-prayer nonsense, but right after 25 Christians were murdered at a church is the worst possible time imaginable. So please, sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, shut up: "

Well I guess we don't need to look very far to see where this evil starts. Many people out there are evil to begin with. Disgusting to comment the way they do.
Maybe if certain “people of faith” would stop using their religion as a weapon against others...

“Oh you’re suffering some misfortune and your prayers weren’t answered? Well maybe if you had enough faith, God would have answered your prayers. Maybe God is punishing you for your sins. You deserve your fate.”

Last edited by Freak80; 11-07-2017 at 06:24 AM..

Old 11-07-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think you "subscribe" to any "strain" of Christianity.

Christianity is not something you "subscribe to." You either believe or you don't. We know where you stand.
We all know what the Bible says about judging others.

sub·scribe
express or feel agreement with (an idea or proposal)

Old 11-07-2017, 06:22 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Trump's desire to let mentally ill people to have firearms > prayer
Our own laws were not followed. The air force messed up. This guy had big anger issues so much he went to jail for a year for abusing his wife and child. He was not suppose to be able to buy a gun. If our laws were followed this hate filled man would not be able to buy a weapon.

The government has people who do not do their job correctly. I worked for the government at one time and many are slackers who are not diligent at all. They want the paycheck but do not want the work. And there were others who worked diligently , unselfishly and went the extra mile.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I think there is some truth on both sides of this discussion.

It is important to do something besides pray in the case of any tragedy. On the other hand, to mock prayer or the beliefs of others (and yes, I have seen some pretty mocking comments made in this forum) when people are hurting is tasteless and cruel.

Take the action you believe is appropriate to help, and let others do the same.
You mean like telling someone they aren't really a Christian because they believe differently than you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies