Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What you are saying is God was suppose to make us robots to love God and have no choice to our own destiny.
I'm not saying God is supposed to do anything. That's not up to me to say.

What I am saying is prayer without action is weak. We are here on this Earth. God is not and has placed us here for a reason. IMHO, that reason wasn't to sink to our knees without getting up after and actually doing something. As I always like to say, "God gave us brains for a reason."

Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
God expects the people in authority to do more than just send "thoughts and prayers" after each massacre. Its nice the Congress sends thoughts and prayers, but they need to be followed by action. It is perfectly Biblical

Romans 13:4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer

Old 11-07-2017, 06:31 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God works through his people. But there are spiritual forces that fight against God. Those who removed God and prayer from school.

Man has created their own god that fits what they want. Our government has grown more evil and has put humanism, man who is their own god in place of the true God.

People are so evil today , they mock Christians for praying and this reaction at one time would never be heard from anyone , today this mockery of Christians faith is becoming more acceptable and more vocal. It is evil.
This would have been better on the religious forum but since its here, you are going to get political reasoning like why don't they legislate gun control instead of useless prayers, etc.
You are also going to get those people who Christians belittled, called out sinner, and blamed for murdering children in the womb, and now feel free to do the same back. Understandable.

But, I view Christan responses of prayer simply as a way to show solidarity with others. Supporting your group is a natural thing to do. I don't think they respond to it like its an action but rather a term showing unity. But when you do that you are not including those who are not in your group (non-Christians) so there is no reason to expect them to join you, nor have respect for your group.

If I were you Id stop expecting any unity from those outside your group. How can a non-Christian give you any feeling of unity when they don't believe in your religion? They aren't saying they don't care about the death of humans, they are simply saying they don't believe in your show of unity.

If I were you I would just find support within my community and leave the political b.s. out of it during times like this. That way your support means something and you feel better about it.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:33 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God expects the people in authority to do more than just send "thoughts and prayers" after each massacre. Its nice the Congress sends thoughts and prayers, but they need to be followed by action. It is perfectly Biblical

Romans 13:4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer
Our laws were not followed. The air force allowed this man to buy weapons because they did not enforce what was already the law to keep a gun out of this man's hands.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:35 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And those who are mocking are right. Prayer didn't help those poor people in that church. It didn't help those in Las Vegas, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Thornton, San Francisco, Orlando, Tunkhannock, etc. and so forth.
Yes.

Ideas have consequences. The belief that God is taking care of things is preventing action. “Faith” is costing lives.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:36 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I'm curious why thoughts and prayers are seen as an attempt at a solution to you? I'm not a Chrisitan and I don't view prayer as a solution, it just looks like solidarity.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm not saying God is supposed to do anything. That's not up to me to say.

What I am saying is prayer without action is weak. We are here on this Earth. God is not and has placed us here for a reason. IMHO, that reason wasn't to sink to our knees without getting up after and actually doing something. As I always like to say, "God gave us brains for a reason."
The leaders of the churches will consider the evil actions that are now present in this world.. some will have security, lock their doors and be vigilant to keep out the evil. They may install cameras around the church and arm some members .

God gave us faith and a brain.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Ever heard of free speech?

Praying is not going to do a damn thing to bring back the 26 people who were murdered in Texas.

Or the 20 children murdered in Sandy Hook.

Or prevent any of this happening again.

Save your futile thoughts and prayers and vote for someone who is prepared to put in place common sense gun laws.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:40 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You are an unbeliever. Satan controls the unbeliever. That's why you hold such views.
Well how convenient. The rest of us are obviously under the control of demonic forces. So you can simply dismiss any valid criticism as the work of the Devil.

That’s how people in cults think.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Ever heard of free speech?

Praying is not going to do a damn thing to bring back the 26 people who were murdered in Texas.

Or the 20 children murdered in Sandy Hook.

Or prevent any of this happening again.

Save your futile thoughts and prayers and vote for someone who is prepared to put in place common sense gun laws.
The gun laws were there to keep this man from having a gun. The air force did not enforce the law. The laws are there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies