Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 05:42 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I don't know about that. Things didn't get horribly worse, post-1783. ( May have even gotten a bit better).

There are many "enemies of our country" who are connected at the hip to our corrupt Elite. They would hate it if we had a revolution.
And who do you replace those "elites" with? People who have no clue what they're doing? We have that now and it's like a slow motion train derailment, with every day bringing new stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 05:42 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
That's the thing---there have actually been a number of actual revolutions around the world, in the last 100 years. I thought Venezuela would be the latest; now not so sure.
A fairly substantial part of the military would have to join in the "people's side". I do agree that several million would be killed.
But if any one thinks that there is any other chance of things really changing, they are deluded.
So basically you are all for making the united states a minor power, and ceding the world to Russia and China.

And what side would be the "peoples" side?

And several million killed. got it. You are literally cheering on the idea of killing millions of Americans.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:44 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,901,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Problem is, the bad guys already won because the majority of people support the corruption. If this was 1776, they'd be on here defending the red coats.
I definitely feel that way sometimes. I do think that at least 1/4 of the current population is just fine with our totally corrupt system. But at least half are not.
Anyways, revolutions can succeed with a fairly small group of fully committed people----say 1/3 of the population. (Best estimates are that around 1/3 of the colonists wanted revolution, 1/3 did not, and 1/3 were not on either side).

Old 11-07-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
And who do you replace those "elites" with? People who have no clue what they're doing? We have that now and it's like a slow motion train derailment, with every day bringing new stupidity.
It seems that you are too wrapped up in day-to-day partisan politics to have this discussion with.

(Roughly speaking, King George was "replaced" with George Washington....not too bad).

Old 11-07-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So basically you are all for making the united states a minor power, and ceding the world to Russia and China.

And what side would be the "peoples" side?

And several million killed. got it. You are literally cheering on the idea of killing millions of Americans.
Can you think of any other way that our corrupt Elite will ever give up even a little of the hold they have over us???

Old 11-07-2017, 05:52 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,880,671 times
Ah yes. The storming of Trump Tower. Liberty, Equality and Justice. Or something like that.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
By 2024, you will be loving President Trump. Hang in there.
His administration is packed with people who have been part of the corrupt Elite---who have wielded power in our corrupt System---for the last forty years. It didn't matter WHO was president---either Bush, Clinton, or Obama. Even as far back as Reagan. They move seamlessly through the uniparty-ruled System.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Can you think of any other way that our corrupt Elite will ever give up even a little of the hold they have over us???
Yes. Study history a bit, Roman history especially. Elect someone willing to represent the people, and stop corruption. Someone that knows what they are doing. It is obviously not Trump at this point. He talked the talk, but has zero interest in walking the walk. But most of us knew that during the election. Its why he lost the popular vote.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:56 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,301,942 times
Well, first you'll need a well-regulated militia.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:58 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,573,689 times
It would be just another war. The only one that will suffer are the citizens of the country. Everyone who is rich or got power will be protected in some way. That's simply the reality. No violation can solve any problem. Only if enough righteous people stand up peacefully against the current system would it change anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies