Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times

Advertisements

We're doing well, so don't count me in for the revolution.

Revolutions only ever really start when people start getting desperate. Think, hungry desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 06:43 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Trump isn't going to "cut it". If people think that he or his administration can really do anything about our corrupt System (run by our corrupt Elite), then they are fooling themselves. The ONLY hope is an actual Revolution, just like in 1776.
Pre-emptive strike: "yeah, good luck with THAT, buddy..........let's see how you and your little Revolutionaries fare against tanks and Warthogs."
Nobody said it would be easy (or even likely to ever happen). But it's literally our only hope.
What would be the goal of this revolution, to adopt some kind of constitution? I think I like it. The revolution could bring basic rights for the citizens, you know; freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, etc.. The revolution could guarantee elections where citizens could vote for who they want. I like this idea of a revolution.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:57 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Trump isn't going to "cut it". If people think that he or his administration can really do anything about our corrupt System (run by our corrupt Elite), then they are fooling themselves. The ONLY hope is an actual Revolution, just like in 1776.
Pre-emptive strike: "yeah, good luck with THAT, buddy..........let's see how you and your little Revolutionaries fare against tanks and Warthogs."
Nobody said it would be easy (or even likely to ever happen). But it's literally our only hope.
Good plan, advocating something like this on line. Probably from a corporate computer.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:02 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in this day in age, do you really think a revolution will change things? we would be trading one group of corrupt elite for another. and we might lose the rights we have left as well.
Oh, it would "change things," alright.
Things would change from a country with problems,
but still functions pretty well and is still the best place on
the planet to something that resembles the ruins of Syria.
No thanks.

To tear it down and rebuild it would take generations.
And there is no guarantee that anything would be better.
You people with civil war fantasies should just play more video games.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Time for a break here, something for you to think about from the past, just as relevant today:
https://youtu.be/bjSpO2B6G4s

Old 11-07-2017, 07:49 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Oh, it would "change things," alright.
Things would change from a country with problems,
but still functions pretty well and is still the best place on
the planet to something that resembles the ruins of Syria.
No thanks.

To tear it down and rebuild it would take generations.
And there is no guarantee that anything would be better.
You people with civil war fantasies should just play more video games.
That's right ! Some folks have been watching too much Faction Television.

Our std of living is high by global standards
Our streets are safe
Our Police and fire come when called
Our investments and life savings are secure
there is little inflation
We have no enemies dropping bombs

In fact most of our injuries are entirely self-inflicted.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:53 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
That's right ! Some folks have been watching too much Faction Television.

Our std of living is high by global standards
Our streets are safe
Our Police and fire come when called
Our investments and life savings are secure
there is little inflation
We have no enemies dropping bombs

In fact most of our injuries are entirely self-inflicted.
Exactly. There will be no revolution. Despite the rank corruption and ineptitude of our elected officials and their appointees, we still mostly have it pretty good, at least good enough that a "revolution" would make life dramatically worse for most of us.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:16 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Good plan, advocating something like this on line. Probably from a corporate computer.
Lol.....well they certainly WANT you to be very afraid to even talk of such things.
Thats a rather basic truth, isnt it??

Old 11-07-2017, 10:18 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
What would be the goal of this revolution, to adopt some kind of constitution? I think I like it. The revolution could bring basic rights for the citizens, you know; freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, etc.. The revolution could guarantee elections where citizens could vote for who they want. I like this idea of a revolution.
Oh it all sounds great on paper.....but our completely corrupt Elites and the system they maintain have put an end to the dream (the founding fathers knew that there was a good chance of this happening).

Old 11-07-2017, 10:32 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,168 times
These threads always crack me up.

You have basically 3 types of people in this country.

The right.......Has most the guns, most the soldiers, and most of the men.

The center...........Has some of the guns, some of the soldiers, and some of the men.

The left............Has very little of the guns, very few of the soldiers, and very few of the men,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies