Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
An informative ten minute clip from Sirius XM radio interview with Steve Bannon where he discusses how we need to be worried about China not Russia. They have major plans to control the world economically. What our election and Brexit had in common was the gutting by China of our manufacturing base. He uses historical and current events to explain what presstitutes always miss -- the Big Picture.

Bannon also slams George W Bush as being the single most destructive president, worse than James Buchanan. After his rant he says to the interviewer, "You triggered me, brother, at 6:25 in the morning!"

As a Chinese friend told me, the Chinese sacrifice the individual for the group, like a beehive or ant colony. That is why they are so productive.

A good move would be for all American companies to move more and more of their manufacturing back here. Of course, when we have a President who refuses to do that, what hope do we have to convince all the other companies? Trump avoids the subject of all his wares coming from overseas like the plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 02:05 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Lighten up Francis. The only way China can dominate world economics is to give up communism, which they won’t do.
China hasn’t been communist since the late 1990s.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:26 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Steve Bannon really? The Chinese are only our enemies if we try to fight them- we have been continously at war for over 50 years...
we as a country have killed millions world wide over these skirmishes--

https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has...war-ii/5492051

I am not sure we are the ones to be judging( heck we are the ones to be worried about)...
Agreed. If anyone is a warmongering nation, it is the United States. The list of countries we've invaded in some capacity in the past 200 years is very, very long.

For instance, we declared war on Mexico with no premise whatsoever and conquered a large share of their nation.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:51 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
EVEN IF China is becoming dominant, why is it necessarily bad for the world? (Although it is bad for some Americans)

Old 11-08-2017, 07:13 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,637 times
This is like the former weight lifting champion turned couch potato accusing the new gym rat of being an enemy. Instead of worrying about other people's aspirations to do better we should look at solving at our own issues instead of trying to think of ways to sabotage the gym.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:17 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
I remember reading an article in the 1980s that argued that China would eventually become a first world country and when that happened, economic power would shift to Asia, simply because of population alone. I thought it was probably inevitable but didn’t see it happening in my lifetime. Since then, particularly in the last few years, I can see the building blocks, such as the Belt and Road initiative, being laid for such a scenario.

China with its political system has the ability to plan for where it wants to be in say 30 years time and take actions now which will lead to the fulfillment of that long term goal. Short term loss but long term gain.

In contrast, the leaders of western countries tend to focus on goals which can be accomplished by the time the next election rolls around, in the hope that will lead them and their political parties being re-elected.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:39 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
I don't think China has peaked, but I do think China has some massive issues to overcome if they are to ever share the same widespread standard of living as us.

China is showing some severe cracks in the short term with a massive bubble and fleeing private capital. Long term, poor demographics are looming; getting too old and too many men due to the 1 child only policy.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:41 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I remember reading an article in the 1980s that argued that China would eventually become a first world country and when that happened, economic power would shift to Asia, simply because of population alone. I thought it was probably inevitable but didn’t see it happening in my lifetime. Since then, particularly in the last few years, I can see the building blocks, such as the Belt and Road initiative, being laid for such a scenario.

China with its political system has the ability to plan for where it wants to be in say 30 years time and take actions now which will lead to the fulfillment of that long term goal. Short term loss but long term gain.

In contrast, the leaders of western countries tend to focus on goals which can be accomplished by the time the next election rolls around, in the hope that will lead them and their political parties being re-elected.
There is no perfect system, as China's government is far more corrupt at the local level, but they do get stuff done with their top down system.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:48 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Good thing we are trying to quintuple the tax burden on those rich students trying to study high tech science and engineering degrees who live off of $28k per year and who'll be key to making sure our economy can stay technically competitive with the Chinese in the future. Oh wait.....

Old 11-08-2017, 07:55 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
The whining about China seems a bit hollow coming from people like Bannon and Trump who do everything in their power to make sure the US falls behind.

Of course they're going to eat our lunch. We practically walk over and give it to them, explaining that we think the future is in eating lumps of coal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies