Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times

Advertisements

Right before Gillespie lost Trump said 'Gillespie will help make America great again'

After Gillespie lost Trump blamed Gillespie and said Gillespie didn't embrace him

All this within hours apart. Trump is a snake that will throw anyone under the bus to save his own skin. What a snake

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...a-great-244645

Trump blames Gillespie for loss in VA race: He 'did not embrace me' | Fox News

Old 11-08-2017, 12:41 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Sounds about right. I would hate to work for him...he shows no loyalty whatsoever....
But expects unwavering loyalty in return.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:43 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Sounds about right. I would hate to work for him...he shows no loyalty whatsoever....
But expects unwavering loyalty in return.
If Gillespie would have won Trump would be taking credit for it, claiming that his endorsement of Gillespie is the reason why he won.

What a snake

Old 11-08-2017, 12:47 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Virginia better get to work erecting a statue of Ed Gillespie so future generations will know who lost this election.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:28 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Right before Gillespie lost Trump said 'Gillespie will help make America great again'

After Gillespie lost Trump blamed Gillespie and said Gillespie didn't embrace him

All this within hours apart. Trump is a snake that will throw anyone under the bus to save his own skin. What a snake

Is anyone really surprised that trump did this?It is exactly why the GOP lost in VA.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:33 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Breitbart, trump, Bannon....they all wanted Gillespie to win, they all hyped Gillespie. Now that he lost, they disavow him. No loyalty with the trump/Bannon bunch. THAT is the take-away from these results...look for more GOP candidates to run from trump agenda. Voters sent a message.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:39 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:

Isn't that a bit unfair to snakes?

Old 11-08-2017, 05:43 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Donald Trump has no respect or loyalty to any person except himself. He is what we used to call a "fair weather friend". As long as he needs you, he is your best bud, but as soon as he doesn't, or perceives you as a liability, he runs that bus over you.

That is one of the aspects of his character that will help in his fall. His staff and associates know that about his makeup, and know he would screw them over in a heartbeat. So, when they feel it is them or him, they will provide Mueller with all the information he needs. They will sing like little birdies.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:52 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:

When I saw President Trump's tweet last night, I certainly thought it ill-advised. Republicans must be thinking to themselves that Mr. Trump is, perhaps, not the best person to have in your corner.

Let us recall when the US House passed that "Repeal Obamacare" bill. Mr. Trump hosted a victory party for House Republicans in the Rose Garden, called it a perfect bill, praised all. Yet, just a few weeks later, after it began to look like the bill would not pass the Senate, Mr. Trump called the House bill 'mean', subsequently affirming that he used the term, and even claimed that Mr. Obama 'stole' the word from him.

For those Trump supporters with a short memory:

Trump confirms he called health care bill 'mean' - CNNPolitics

It was an appalling example of Mr. Trump throwing his party members under the bus. As I said back when this happened, you may be sure that in November 2018 the Democrats will be bringing this up. Since all House Republicans voted for said bill, none can escape that particular tarring.

Republicans will also recall Mr. Trump's tepid endorsement of Mr. Strange, even stating during the rally speech, with Mr. Strange even standing there, that perhaps he was wrong to endorse Mr. Strange.

Yes, those House Republicans running for re-election next year, as well as those Senate Republicans (at least, those that have not recently announced that "I'm out of here") have a difficult choice to make: 'embrace' Mr. Trump and what he (at times) stands for, or distance themselves from Mr. Trump.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:52 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Go to CNN.com if you want to see a site obsessed with hate over trump. The top 10 articles are hit pieces. They even take North Koreas side.

This is a republican problem, they are the ones up for election next year not the president. And they have failed to get anything major accomplished so right now they will deserve to lose unless that changes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies