Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 10:42 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I am no more or less interested in your opinion than I am any others...

Not sure what you're so sensitive about, but I will avoid addressing you, since it seems to put you off a bit. No worries. Won't happen again...
You should have avoided addressing me a long time ago after you said, "your opinion is not worth repeating" Got it? (especially after I explained to you that i didn't want any misunderstanding, because I don't enjoy being scolded here.)

When you keep on quoting me, that means you want this conversation to go on.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:43 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You are either ignoring or ignorant of the fact that pretty much all semiautomatic weapons fire at the same rate...... one round per trigger pull.

The same as a revolver.

When people list rates of fire in the "hundreds of rounds" per minute, they often through ignorance or intentional deception leave out the fact that those are THEORETICAL rates of fire that would require a bottomless magazine, a barrel that doesn't overheat and jamb as well as a tireless and very dexterous trigger finger.
Help me with my ignorance then...

Among the specs for the StG44, the rate of fire is noted to be 550 to 600 rounds per minute.

I don't know all that many revolvers that can do that. I know mine can't...

Which are you referring to?

Old 11-15-2017, 10:43 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,270,543 times
Quote:
How can people confuse the skill of the user with the CAPABILITY of a gun? And/or not understand the difference?
Dunno but you seem to be.

Miculeks guns are capable of faster rates of fire than Miculek can perform. He is the limiting factor not his guns (and he uses revolvers). His video of 16 shots in under 4 seconds is more than 240 rpm, and that's with a revolver, and that's less than the capability of that revolver in rounds per minute.

So with that what limitations on capability do you propose that does not result in limiting gun owners to single barrel muzzle loading firearms? When a 100+ year old design is capable of firing higher than 240 rpm.

You own guns (you state) any of your repeating firearms can exceed 100 rounds per minute regardless of action (bolt, pump, lever, or semi), even with you behind the sights and with a few months of intermediate intensity training in speed shooting. If you base selection on capability of rate of fire, what is that limitation, since the difference in rates of fire between any action can be easily corrected for in little time with little effort.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I have neither said nor suggested any such thing. If you disagree, please quote me--verbatim.
Hello?

"There is no difference in the "capability" of the rate of fire between full auto, semi auto, revolver, slide/pump action, or lever action firearms."

Those are your words -- verbatim -- not mine. Again, I never made a comment as to the difference you describe with YOUR words, not mine.

How about we discuss taxes Tax Phd? I'd like to think you can be more intelligent about that subject, and fair if that's possible...

Old 11-15-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You should have avoided addressing me a long time ago after you said, "your opinion is not worth repeating" Got it? (especially after I explained to you that i didn't want any misunderstanding, because I don't enjoy being scolded here.)

When you keep on quoting me, that means you want this conversation to go on.
I made a promise, and I'll keep it by not responding further other than to apologize for "scolding" you, if that's how you feel. My bad...

Old 11-15-2017, 10:54 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
I made a promise, and I'll keep it by not responding further other than to apologize for "scolding" you, if that's how you feel. My bad...
Well, you don't need to apologize to me because you didn't do anything wrong to me.

The only point I was trying to make is that I don't enjoy being scolded here by anybody, so I try my best to clear up a misunderstanding. That's all. It has nothing to do with you.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:56 AM

10,704 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Help me with my ignorance then...

Among the specs for the StG44, the rate of fire is noted to be 550 to 600 rounds per minute.

I don't know all that many revolvers that can do that. I know mine can't...

Which are you referring to?
All double action revolvers can do that. You really should learn something about the topic that you are discussing, in order to avoid embarrassing yourself.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Hello?

"There is no difference in the "capability" of the rate of fire between full auto, semi auto, revolver, slide/pump action, or lever action firearms."

Those are your words -- verbatim -- not mine. Again, I never made a comment as to the difference you describe with YOUR words, not mine.
Those are my words. I never stated nor implied that they were yours. I was simply trying to discuss YOUR issue of rate of fire capability. Which you continue to avoid.

Quote:
How about we discuss taxes Tax Phd?
Go ahead and start a thread.

Quote:
I'd like to think you can be more intelligent about that subject, and fair if that's possible...
Everything I've posted in this thread is 100% true and accurate, and verifiably so. It's abundantly clear who is more intelligent about this subject.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I have neither said nor suggested any such thing. If you disagree, please quote me--verbatim.

No you didn't. But the method of operation goes directly to YOUR argument about rate of fire. Strange that it is your argument, but you steadfastly refuse discussion about it.

You have continually demonstrated a lack of knowledge/understanding about the topic being discussed. Your lack of knowledge has been explained to you, many times, but you continue to try to make the same tired arguments. I call it silly, but you can use any adjective you'd like to describe it.
I think we are officially at the point of "blah, blah, blah," especially since I have devoted a good number of comments specifically explaining how rate of fire is really the area of focus when folks are concerned about how many people a yahoo can take down in seconds flat.

"Refuse to discuss" you say. Refuse to understand is the bottom line. Your refusal, not mine.

Much as I think we have a "serious failure to communicate," I have to admit I am always curious about this "lack of knowledge" explained to me. I know there is all manner of detail that has been explained to me in gun threads that I could care less about. That someone can bury me in gun minutia doesn't intimidate me or demonstrate a "lack of knowledge" about what matters.

What matters with respect to the fundamentals regarding gun control is which measures work and which don't, most of which has little to do with the differences you love to go on about. You probably know a lot more about patina and how to build a gun like so many of the "experts" in these threads also like to go on about, but these are not the sorts of specifics one needs to know in order to discuss what may or may not work to prevent gun violence.

Out of time to waste still more time here this morning, so until next time, smoke 'em if you've got 'em...

Old 11-15-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I think we are officially at the point of "blah, blah, blah," especially since I have devoted a good number of comments specifically explaining how rate of fire is really the area of focus when folks are concerned about how many people a yahoo can take down in seconds flat.

"Refuse to discuss" you say. Refuse to understand is the bottom line. Your refusal, not mine.

Much as I think we have a "serious failure to communicate," I have to admit I am always curious about this "lack of knowledge" explained to me. I know there is all manner of detail that has been explained to me in gun threads that I could care less about. That someone can bury me in gun minutia doesn't intimidate me or demonstrate a "lack of knowledge" about what matters.

What matters with respect to the fundamentals regarding gun control is which measures work and which don't, most of which has little to do with the differences you love to go on about. You probably know a lot more about patina and how to build a gun like so many of the "experts" in these threads also like to go on about, but these are not the sorts of specifics one needs to know in order to discuss what may or may not work to prevent gun violence.

Out of time to waste still more time here this morning, so until next time, smoke 'em if you've got 'em...
And you continue to refuse to discuss YOUR issue. Amazing. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies