Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 06:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,981,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'm a cereal killer.
I do hate me a big bowl of Cocoa Puffs! Kill it off as quick as I can...

Old 11-20-2017, 06:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,981,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Hell. We've already seen how the "gloves come off" in many a stand off between LE and guys with guns and a beef with government for one damn reason or another...
I think those like Branch Dividians or the other small groups of which you speak are small potatoes compared to what would happen. The majority of the public were not behind those people but I think would be should a door to door confiscation be attempted...

Old 11-20-2017, 06:13 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,106,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think those like Branch Dividians or the other small groups of which you speak are small potatoes compared to what would happen. The majority of the public were not behind those people but I think would be should a door to door confiscation be attempted...
Yea like ruby ridge where they used military equipment for a guy with a sawed off shot gun, that's how dangerous our govt is. It is unconstitutional to use military force against US citizens. Changing the paper work of the people using equipment should not have got them off the hook, everyone involved in that operation should have got life in prison for using attack helicopters, mraps and other heavy military weapons and militarized police.

This is why people have to up their game and individual states need to start forming individual alliances with forign nations because if our govt goes off the rails we are screwed.

They could have sent a few state troopers to write him a ticket and confiscate the gun, non event. In fact I don't even think barrel length is a state issue, the feds should just stay out of states rights.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:23 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,602,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Yea like ruby ridge where they used military equipment for a guy with a sawed off shot gun, that's how dangerous our govt is. It is unconstitutional to use military force against US citizens. Changing the paper work of the people using equipment should not have got them off the hook, everyone involved in that operation should have got life in prison for using attack helicopters, mraps and other heavy military weapons and militarized police.

This is why people have to up their game and individual states need to start forming individual alliances with forign nations because if our govt goes off the rails we are screwed.

They could have sent a few state troopers to write him a ticket and confiscate the gun, non event. In fact I don't even think barrel length is a state issue, the feds should just stay out of states rights.
If I recall, he didn't have the shotguns. A federal agent requested he cut them down for him so that he could buy them from him. This was done in order to blackmail him into being an informant for the government.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:25 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,571,323 times
Quote:

The kicker here... No law can be made, to limit the length of your firearms. That would be an infringement on your right and your liberty to choose for yourself the arms you feel well regulated in their use.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:28 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,106,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The kicker here... No law can be made, to limit the length of your firearms. That would be an infringement on your right and your liberty to choose for yourself the arms you feel well regulated in their use.
I agree, so everyone involved in that should have got life but the states cant enforce state law against a fed if the fed govt is protecting those individuals.

That's why states need to form outside aliances in the event that the feds go off the rails again, there is no way a state could stand against the feds without support from say Russia with heavy military equipment. With Russian support a state could make life hell for the feds.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:59 PM

18,156 posts, read 15,606,900 times
Quote:

Both Ruby Ridge and Waco were poster children for a government run amok. The Davidians were weird, but that's no reason to set them on fire. Randy Weaver was weird, but that was no reason to shoot his son in the back and give an itching to kill someone FBI sniper the green light to shoot his wife while she was holding a baby. Guess that was a dangerous "assault baby." Capable of soiling a diaper a minute.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:53 PM

923 posts, read 494,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Both Ruby Ridge and Waco were poster children for a government run amok. The Davidians were weird, but that's no reason to set them on fire. Randy Weaver was weird, but that was no reason to shoot his son in the back and give an itching to kill someone FBI sniper the green light to shoot his wife while she was holding a baby. Guess that was a dangerous "assault baby." Capable of soiling a diaper a minute.
I remember right after Waco seeing t-shirts and bumper stickers at gun shows saying "Is your church BATF approved?"

And why Lon Horiuchi isn't rotting in a 4x6 cell is a travesty of justice.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:57 PM

18,156 posts, read 15,606,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
I remember right after Waco seeing t-shirts and bumper stickers at gun shows saying "Is your church BATF approved?"

And why Lon Horiuchi isn't rotting in a 4x6 cell is a travesty of justice.

Horiuchi. Yea. What a puke. They did finally do something to him but I don't remember the specifics. I remember reading about it in Coopers Corner in G&A. Yea, I'm that old.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:31 AM

29,533 posts, read 9,678,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't argue in absolutes. Of course, SOME regulation is needed, and I am fine with regs that make oil companies clean up their spills. However, the person I was responding to thinks inanimate objects have intelligence, and their own will. So a car, truck, or airplane can't be used as a weapon because it wasn't designed as one, so lacks the "intent".
When you ask the simple question whether this prevented that, you are making the argument that this is not working, or necessary. That sort of argument is a weak one, as I thought to point out...

Yes, of course SOME regulation is needed. How much, where and how is the question, also of course.

Also of course, no one needs explaining that all regulations work as we wish they would.

Last edited by LearnMe; 11-21-2017 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies