Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 10:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You mean like you guys were with Obama?

I smell........ hypocrisy
It's a penetrating stench that Trumplings can't wash off.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 10:39 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Is everybody that disagrees with your opinions or point of views considered a "uniformed MSM lefty"?

Refute my points, you can't do it, so you've got nothing. This is MSM spin and easily called out as so.

I watched the whole speech, did you?

Did Bush or Obama have to deal with a fully nuclearized North Korea? Yes or no? Also, they failed at stopping North Korea from getting to that point. So it is a mess that was thrown into Trump's lap. it is something past presidents did not have to truly deal with and they just swept the problem under the rug.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Diplomacy has been tried by Obama and Bush II and Clinton and Bush I and Reagan and Carter and Ford and . . . well, you get my point. And what has been the result of all this wonderful diplomacy, aside from North Korea having the means (or within sight of having the means) of delivering a nuclear-armed missile to the United States? Maybe Trump's approach will work and maybe it won't, but it sure beats the same old jabber-jabber that we've been doing all this time. After all, the definition of insanity is constantly doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Like the disasters of using the military for regime change?

Old 11-08-2017, 10:43 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump standing the wall for us?! Last I heard, when his country called on him (Vietnam draft), the coward Donald Trump's rich daddy bought him MULTIPLE deferments to avoid having to serve his country in war.

"Trump standing the wall for us." Bwahahahahaha!!

Donald Trump is a coward.
And when did Bill or Hillary Clinton serve? How about Obama?

Old 11-08-2017, 10:44 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump is just another performer. Anyone notice his change of manner regarding NK since going to Asia? Different audience there means a different message. Man plays up to whatever audience he is courting. No real core. Always changing direction with the winds.
He talks all of that smack back on the home front, but he is probably not that crazy to go right next door to Kim and do the same. I'm sure the people around him, as well as the people in that region strongly advised him to tone it down. The last thing they wanted him to do, is to call Kim little rocket man, and other insults. I'm sure people in the region were holding their breath during that speech.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Refute my points, you can't do it, so you've got nothing. This is MSM spin and easily called out as so.

I watched the whole speech, did you?

Did Bush or Obama have to deal with a fully nuclearized North Korea? Yes or no? Also, they failed at stopping North Korea from getting to that point. So it is a mess that was thrown into Trump's lap. it is something past presidents did not have to truly deal with and they just swept the problem under the rug.

To use his own words, he knew what he was getting into when he signed up.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:47 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm always happy to see all of the ridiculous comments made toward Trump, it lets me know that he is doing great without even having to google for the latest articles!

Notable speech writers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speechwriter

Well, at least Trump doesn't stutter like Obama did. I always suspected it was the illegal drug use that had caused this with Obama, perhaps Trump doesn't partake in that past time. I have not noticed that hesitation either when Trump speaks that Obama had, again, I attribute that to Obama's illegal drug use. I have noticed this lispy/stutter thing with other users, even with those using pot while they protest that it has no negative effects.

So, Trump is awesome when he speaks. I am sure the golf thing was just to give the libs something to jabber about since more difficult topics just tend to confuse them.

The better Trump does the more the left will yelp!
OMG, I'd fall asleep during the time he stopped to take a breath and the time it took him to start up again, often yelled, would someone a, a, a, a, please hit the start button.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:50 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To use his own words, he knew what he was getting into when he signed up.
It's a situation where he is really damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Diplomacy will most likely not work, NK will do what they want. The only way to stop them from finishing their nuclear program would be to attack them tomorrow. If they do launch a nuke after they perfect their technology, they will criticize him for not starting a war and not doing preemptive strike.

If he DOES authorize a preemptive strike, before they think NK is going to launch a nuke - they will accuse the president of being a warmonger and not know know what he is doing.

Admit it, he can't win no matter what he does. Diplomacy will most likely not work, North Korea is already poor anyway there is not much more anyone can do to them sanctions wise. The left and the MSM should be supporting the president on this issue but they are just using it to attack him disingenuously.

This subject is one of the issues where I have a huge problem with the left and the MSM, they hurt the country when it comes to subjects such as this.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:02 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Great speech. So professional and presidential. "Don't underestimate us and do not try us" - threats by a POTUS are so useful and a great way to promote unity and peace. Yeah, great speech if your think schoolyard bullying tactics are what makes America great again.
Trump's motto - Talk Loudly and Carry a Tiny Stick

North Korea knows he is full of it. The US is not going to start a ground war with NK that leads to the deaths of 100s of thousands of innocent civilians. NK also knows that the US is not going to use nukes against their country with a complete lack of support from the UN and global community. Trump once again tailors his message to give his cult members a woody and accomplishes nothing else in the process.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
It's a situation where he is really damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Diplomacy will most likely not work, NK will do what they want. The only way to stop them from finishing their nuclear program would be to attack them tomorrow. If they do launch a nuke after they perfect their technology, they will criticize him for not starting a war and not doing preemptive strike.

If he DOES authorize a preemptive strike, before they think NK is going to launch a nuke - they will accuse the president of being a warmonger and not know know what he is doing.

Admit it, he can't win no matter what he does. Diplomacy will most likely not work, North Korea is already poor anyway there is not much more anyone can do to them sanctions wise. The left and the MSM should be supporting the president on this issue but they are just using it to attack him disingenuously.

Twice you say diplomacy will likely not work, expect nothing and that's exactly what you'll get.

Quote:
This subject is one of the issues where I have a huge problem with the left and the MSM, they hurt the country when it comes to subjects such as this.
I have a huge problem with those who will happily commit who knows how many gallons of American blood and taxpayer $$$ to asinine wars of choice before all other means have been exhausted. So tell us, how many of your children's and loved one's lives are you willing to donate to the cause and how big of a check will you be sending to the treasury?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies