Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that conversion therapy can make a gay person straight?
Yes, the power of prayer combined with Christian counseling can make a gay person straight 16 10.81%
No, sexual orientation is unchangeable and conversion therapy is ineffective at best and dangerous at worst 132 89.19%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times

Advertisements

The poll choices suck.

Sexual preference in biochemical. You can't just will the change. Biochemistry can change on its own in some situations, but gay conversion is nonsense, IMHO.

I will say that churches trying to convert are doing so because they think it will work and that they are helping. You don't put time and resources into a person you hate in order to help them. They are trying with a good heart even though they aren't helping and probably making it worse in most cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 12:16 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The poll choices suck.

Sexual preference in biochemical. You can't just will the change. Biochemistry can change on its own in some situations, but gay conversion is nonsense, IMHO.

I will say that churches trying to convert are doing so because they think it will work and that they are helping. You don't put time and resources into a person you hate in order to help them. They are trying with a good heart even though they aren't helping and probably making it worse in most cases.

Well, we all know what it's said the road to hell is paved with.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:18 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Brussel sprouts?

Old 11-08-2017, 12:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the dead are buried in mashed lentils.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Brussel sprouts?
Lol, now that was funny.

----

Yes, GOOD INTENTIONS.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
I believe it is none of my business whether it works on you or not. Up to you if you want to try it.

I do love brussel sprouts with bacon and butter though.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I believe it is none of my business whether it works on you or not. Up to you if you want to try it.

I do love brussel sprouts with bacon and butter though.
Add enough butter and garlic to just about anything and it will taste good

That is something at least that I do not think is transferable in this "brussel sprout aversion" to "gay/straight orientation analogy". I don't think it will be helpful to start bringing butter and garlic into that equation.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:34 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,269,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Whether or not you believe homosexuality is sinful, do you think ex-gay conversion therapy works? Why or why not?
I believe homosexuality is not a choice and I believe God created homosexuals just as He created heterosexuals. My religious beliefs require me to believe that homosexual acts are sinful but I am a supporter of gay rights because I take a libertarian stance on those kinds of issues.

I do not believe that gay conversion therapy works. I know a woman who had to go through it and it definitely didn't work for her. It took her years to recover from it (apparently it was very abusive) but she and her wife just bought a new house. Not for me to judge.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:36 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Add enough butter and garlic to just about anything and it will taste good

That is something at least that I do not think is transferable in this brussel sprout aversion to gay/straight orientation analogy. I don't think it will be helpful to start bringing butter and garlic into that equation.
EXCEPT brussel sprouts. Nothing can make those nasty little balls of cabbage taste good.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
except brussel sprouts. Nothing can make those nasty little balls of cabbage taste good.
When will you repent from your evil ways!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies