Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 02:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
The article is a waste. Its been more than obvious why the poor idiots voted for him (reasons you listed). I'm much more interested in why the rich, educated idiots voted for him.
That’s a great point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Missing in the 2016 contest were the record number of black voters that voted for Obama.

They didn't come out for Hillary because she is white.
Then why did they come out for every other white Democrat that makes it to a presidential ticket? What you’re saying is nonsense. Now you wanna make THIS about black people too.

African Americans were uninspired. Leave it at that.

Last edited by desertdetroiter; 11-09-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 02:21 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
“Six months to a year,” catering company owner Joey Del Signore told me when we met days after the election. “A couple months,” retired nurse Maggie Frear said, before saying it might take a couple of years. “He’s just got to follow through with what he said he was going to do,” Schilling said last November. Back then, there was an all-but-audible “or else.”

A year later, the local unemployment rate has ticked down, and activity in a few coal mines has ticked up. Beyond that, though, not much has changed—at least not for the better.

I asked Schilling what would happen if the next three years go the way the past one has.

“I’m not going to blame him,” Schilling said. “Absolutely not.”

And then they say WHY they won't blame Mr Trump

This reality ought to get the attention of anyone who thinks they will win in 2018 or 2020 by running against Trump’s record. His supporters here, it turns out, are energized by his bombast and his animus more than any actual accomplishments. For them, it’s evidently not what he’s doing so much as it is the people he’s fighting. Trump is simply and unceasingly angry on their behalf, battling the people who vex them the worst—“obstructionist” Democrats, uncooperative establishment Republicans, the media, Black Lives Matter protesters and NFL players (boy oh boy do they hate kneeling NFL players) whom they see as ungrateful, disrespectful millionaires.

The writer of this article is correct -- these Voters, Trump supporters have a full understanding that the Media, the Democrats and some Republicans will do anything they can to STOP President Trump from making their lives better and fulfilling some of his promises.

You can them "stupid", but they are smart enough to know exactly who to blame if Mr Trump is stopped from what they elected him to do.
I cant tell if this is satire or not?

Old 11-09-2017, 02:38 PM

586 posts, read 314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I’m from western PA and these folks are the reason I left. This is just sad. I know most supporters are loyal to a fault but some of these folks are just gone.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...porters-215800

They have no faith in him but they still have love for him.
You're shaking your head? Stop if you hear a rattle.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:09 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
The key point really is that the voters in question really"are energized by his bombast and his animus more than any actual accomplishments..." In other words, they're interested in a street-corner barker, not a politician. They just want theater... or perhaps more appropriately, reality-TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And you think they should have faith in Dims, who have done jack squat for them over the past decades as jobs have bled in that part of the state?? Get real.
No. But the question is, why would the persons in question, have "faith" in anyone? Let me rephrase. This isn't a paean to cynicism and dejection. But, as you say, "get real"... no leadership, political or civic or ecclesiastical or corporate, is going to be able to materially improve the lives of the people... not because they're crooks or charlatans, but simply because no practical solution is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Hillary and Trump were both rotten choices. Many or even most, who voted for Trump or Hillary did so only because they viewed the other candidate as worse, not because they were a good choice. ...
You might have a point there. But the article isn’t about persons reluctantly voting for Trump, as the lesser of two evils; or even as an intriguing outsider who might be given a chance, just for variety’s sake. Rather, the persons in the article find Trump to be appealing, because he speaks their language; he channels their frustrations. He isn't some default choice, or a ho-hum sign of the times. On the contrary, he's viewed as a "savior".

Old 11-09-2017, 06:29 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Hillary couldn't have an inspired a starving homeless man with a six figures salary job offer and a $50.00 seafood buffet.

She's such a freakin loser you just have to feel sorry for her, almost.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,988 times
Those people are old and hopefully about to kick the bucket soon

That last couple was sick when the NFL was mentioned

No wonder why people are so enraged about kneeling during the national anthem. They want N-words to stay in their place and should be grateful to be millionaires. I’m glad they were brave enough to say the truth about how they really feel.

Basically dumb, racist folks in a nutshell

Old 11-09-2017, 06:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Smells like desperation.

Really just sad.

Kind of like pets giving their owners unconditional love.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Missing in the 2016 contest were the record number of black voters that voted for Obama.

They didn't come out for Hillary because she is white.
Or they simply didn't believe her BS.. I think Black voters are a little more complex than just voting for skin color.

Old 11-09-2017, 11:41 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That’s a great point.

Then why did they come out for every other white Democrat that makes it to a presidential ticket? What you’re saying is nonsense. Now you wanna make THIS about black people too.

Leave it to conservatives to trash Black people in a thread about hillbillies.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:34 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They provide great insight into the minds of Trump voters. I like the line about they haven't merely moved the goalposts for him, they've eliminated them entirely. Even they know he's never going to deliver on his promises, but they don't care.

Funny how one guy said he liked Trump because he didn't play golf like Obama did, and when it was pointed out to him that Trump did, indeed, play a lot of golf, he was shocked. But again, it was okay with him that Trump does it; not okay when Obama did it. No goalposts for Trump.

Yes, this was a great look at the ignorance of the typical Trump voter. How sad and embarrassing.
Yeah, I noticed that...and the claim that Obama sleeps until noon.

Obama may have started his Presidential day later than most Presidents, but the 'slept until noon' accusation is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies