Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 07:47 AM

2,828 posts, read 820,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
The guy that refused to sell him the gun didn't even know he was a regular. He refused because he saw a black guy walk in. The black guy clearly bought guns no problem from other clerks who weren't racist in the shop.
Maybe the owner thought it suspicious of him buying another gun while he already had one on layaway.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Oh of course! Silly me. He only has money for a cheap gun not the expensive one. LMAO!!! People are too quick to use the race card these days.
Yea, get refused, your a racist.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:51 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,322,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I would be leery also if a black guy came into my gun store speaking like ghetto trash with the crime rate what it is in the black community. He has the right to refuse if he doesn't feel right about the sale, it doesn't matter what you think.
So now speaking like "ghetto trash" is the reason. And black crime rates=stereotyping an individual. Also, this is a guy that has purchased guns there before and had a gun in layaway, so other clerks didn't see him as ghetto trash or a criminal. Any more racist jargon you want to throw out there? Anything but a black man wanting to exercise his 2A rights legally, it's gotta be ghetto trash combined with black crime rates, right?

Old 11-11-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
So lets say he wanted a cheaper hand gun to walk around with, and he wanted to keep making payments on some rifle that he didn't need to day to day "protection" usage for. You're really trying to reach for some crazy motive for illegal activity. LOL. This is the one reach of a detail you can latch onto.
Are you aware of how many white guys have been refused sale? It is not always about race, even though you would like to believe that.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Maybe the owner thought it suspicious of him buying another gun while he already had one on layaway.
already addressed this. Again, this is you all reaching and assuming crime will occur because he's black. Purchasing a cheaper gun while making a payment on the more expensive one doesn't seem out of place at all. But of course, it's criminal and shady because he's black.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
What legit reason does the owner have? LOL. He can predict the future? The guy has already purchased multiple guns from the non-racist clerks. All of a sudden the owner is there that day he see's a glaring problem. Gee I would what it could be. LMAO! The black dude even said "before I could say anything he told me I couldn't buy a gun here".

It's funny how yall can reach and connect some made up dots about layaway, but the notion of a gun nut not wanting to sell guns to black people is preposterous. LOL
We don't know what was said before the video started.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:54 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,856,006 times
The way things are today? If my gut screams no, then I won't sell a gun to someone regardless of their clean record. I don't want my name in a headline. I won't take the chance. All my gun sales or purchases regardless of rifle or hand gun go through a gun shop. Sometimes it's a judgment call.
I haven't seen the gunshot owners side of the story. Before I pass judgment I want to know what they have to say.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:57 AM

24,324 posts, read 17,065,160 times
I can't remember the particular mass shooting case but a few years back some idiot went on a rampage, and it was found out later that he had tried to buy a gun from a shop and they were suspicious and denied him. He later went on to purchase elsewhere and went on to kill.

I was once denied buying a couple of bottle of alcohol because the cashier thought I was drunk. I have no clue why she thought this. I was not happy and was really embarrassed in front of several people but you know it was her right to do that because if I had gone down the road and crashed the store would be questioned and possibly in trouble.

Gun dealers have the right not to sell and they have to retain that right for public safety.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Are you aware of how many white guys have been refused sale? It is not always about race, even though you would like to believe that.
What white guys experience has nothing to do with this. He wasn't refused a sale before at the same store from other clerks. The owner said no before he could even say a word. His excuse was an assumption about a future crime. Anything but a plane old racist. Yall defend racists with stupid excuses.

-layaway
-he had a friend
-speaking like "ghetto trash"
-black crime rates
-fake stories about how "i'm white and it happened to me"
-we can predict the future and a crime will occur

lol.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Even if that suspicion is based on appearance or race? I hope the customer sues the gun shop into oblivion.
He won't win, the man has a FFL and has the right to refuse sale for any reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.