Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should assault rifles (e.g. AR-15) be removed from the marketplace?
Yes 40 24.10%
No 126 75.90%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 09:04 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have a 740 remington in 06 that will except 20-30 round mags. If we allowed these kooks to ban ARs then my rifle would be next on their list. Once that is banned they'd go after my pump rifle that can be shot just as fast.

We already know these types just want a systematic gun ban. They say otherwise but the logic flow proves it. A pump high power is just as deadly but the kooks won't believe it until that is the chosen weapon of some mass murders.

Here is a hi cap in a deer rifle.

more weapons that accept high cap mags. Many can simply accept an AR mag with little modification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x14QYUwp64M
more

Somehow the banners think banning the magazines will stop psychopaths from using them. That banning a gun will keep nut jobs from getting them.
They would eventually go after my Sig Sauer semi-auto 22 rifle. It will accept a 27 rd. magazine. (the varmints would like it gone)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 10:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When is a person, no longer a person?

It doesn't say the right of citizens who are mentally sane and non-felons. Or did they change it somewhere that I didn't know. I swear it said, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I ask again, when is a person, not a person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
By that rationale, we should let people in prison buy guns, no?

I mean, their state of incarceration is infringing on their 2nd Amendment rights.

I do not believe we answered the only question I asked. I asked it twice actually.
When is a person, no longer a person?

Old 11-10-2017, 10:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They would eventually go after my Sig Sauer semi-auto 22 rifle. It will accept a 27 rd. magazine. (the varmints would like it gone)

They are talking now, about taking my fun factor. They now want to make my .22lr plinker, illegal.
Attached Thumbnails
Should rifles be removed from the marketplace?-10-22-gattling-gun.jpg  

Old 11-10-2017, 11:12 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have a 740 remington in 06 that will except 20-30 round mags. If we allowed these kooks to ban ARs then my rifle would be next on their list. Once that is banned they'd go after my pump rifle that can be shot just as fast.

We already know these types just want a systematic gun ban. They say otherwise but the logic flow proves it. A pump high power is just as deadly but the kooks won't believe it until that is the chosen weapon of some mass murders.

Here is a hi cap in a deer rifle.

more weapons that accept high cap mags. Many can simply accept an AR mag with little modification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x14QYUwp64M
more

Somehow the banners think banning the magazines will stop psychopaths from using them. That banning a gun will keep nut jobs from getting them.
the 3-2 fastball is swung on, and a long fly ball to left-center field, away back to the warning track to the wall, and that ball is out of here!

Old 11-10-2017, 11:16 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I agree on the AR-15. However Rifles should be allowed as long as the background check comes back OK.
Yeah, we should ban Ford's, however trucks should be allowed as long as the background check comes back OK.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:19 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are talking now, about taking my fun factor. They now want to make my .22lr plinker, illegal.
Cool gun. Is that yours?

Old 11-10-2017, 01:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
The ar15 is one of the finest hunting rifles ever created. It's not going anywhere.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:36 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the 3-2 fastball is swung on, and a long fly ball to left-center field, away back to the warning track to the wall, and that ball is out of here!
Where did 3-2 ever come from? Should have been an 3-0 fat one, with the foolish liberals putting one right down the pipe to a hitter who was primed and ready for exactly that.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:49 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
The free actions of free people (absent the aggression of government interference) decide what is "eliminated" from the market. If people don't want something, it will quickly disappear from the market, because no one will be buying it.

When the criminal syndicate of aggression, "government", tries to do so arbitrarily. The wanted goods or services, in this case guns, will simply be moved into the "black market" at a higher price. As long as people want something, they will get it. So, in reality, the point is moot. As long as anyone wants something or wants to do something, they will continue to do so regardless of "government" laws. As "laws" which use aggression to coerce people or impose the will of some upon others are immoral and are only followed by slaves and sheep.

As far as I am concerned, the people should have access to whatever level of self-defense they deem necessary to protect themselves from aggressors. And as long as the "government" is the largest organized institution of aggression upon the individual the individual should have access to a LOT of firepower.

The mental illness that makes some trust the "government" more than their neighbor is beyond me and always will be...

Old 11-10-2017, 05:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Where did 3-2 ever come from? Should have been an 3-0 fat one, with the foolish liberals putting one right down the pipe to a hitter who was primed and ready for exactly that.
i could have also said they hung a curve ball out over the plate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies