Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 02:43 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Moore + tRump + Russiagate = epic entertainment value.

Can it get any better?

Moore + Trump + Russagate= continuing erosion of R party ID

How low can it go with Trump with over three years of gaffes, ineptitude and and stupidity to go?

Old 11-11-2017, 02:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
This is what happens when a politician campaigns on moral superiority and has the bible in one hand and then it turns out their past is sordid at best. I don't know if he did actually molest the 14 year old but he did have an attraction to underage girls and actively tried to date them when in his 30's. That is bizarre for a man that claims such high morals.

I am a libertarian and don't care who wins the senate race. But if it was a libertarian candidate I would call for him to quit the race. The Trump people here trying to justify all this are just wrong. Plus did not Trump support his rival? Much smarter to push this guy out and bring his rival in to take over. Dragging this out will guarantee defeat.

Next time the GOP needs to vet their candidates much better. This guy should not have even been an option.

Also right after the Hannity call Moore spoke to a GOP senator and this was said:

And it turns out he couldn’t deny relations with underage women in a phone call with a US senator after the show.

According to three sources briefed on the call, Moore could not deny “kissing” or “dating” teenagers while in his thirties. The Republican senator encouraged Moore to drop out of the race, the sources said. A spokesman for Moore declined to comment on an account of the phone call.
After the Hannity interview - the three guests on Fox News (along with Hannity) discussed the interview. Geraldo, Greg someone and the woman ~ all said that Roy Moore was obviously lying and they believed the women. Hannity was SHOCKED!

Old 11-11-2017, 02:54 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
The sad part is there's still a solid chance Roy Moore wins.
Goes to show you how morally bankrupt the GOP is. Officials in Alabama have actually said they'd rather a child molester than a Democrat like Jones who prosecuted the KKK for killing children.

Pretty much the entire GOP is going to hell.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
The Republicans in Alabama only have one choice. They must vote for Roy Moore and let the Senate decide what to do with him. The ballots are already printed and it is too late for the Party to designate another candidate. If Moore refuses to serve, the incumbent, Luther Strange, will supposedly continue to serve as our Senator. If the Senate unseats Moore, the Governor will appoint an interim replacement for Moore and we would probably hold another election to determine the permanent seatholder.
Actually, Alabama has another, much better choice. Elect the upstanding Democrat who prosecuted the KKK for murdering children.

The fact that one even needs to think about the right decision proves that Alabama is morally bankrupt.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:02 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Oh boy. Confirmation from people who worked with him that he dated high school girls when working as and assistant DA.

“It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird,” former Deputy DA Theresa Jones reportedly told CNN. “We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/eve...-school-girls/

Old 11-11-2017, 03:19 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Moore is a creepy hypocritical lowlife. A lying child molester trying to hide behind the bible.

But he's the next US senator from Bama.

And his stench will permeate the GOP.

Won't exactly have Bama smelling like a rose, either.

I don’t know. They’re tied in a latest poll. It’s not a lock that Moore is the next senator.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.c...-scandal%3famp

Old 11-11-2017, 03:41 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually, Alabama has another, much better choice. Elect the upstanding Democrat who prosecuted the KKK for murdering children.

The fact that one even needs to think about the right decision proves that Alabama is morally bankrupt.
I've been around so long that I actually recall when Evangelicals started to infiltrate Politics ( even tho Constitution tried to forbid it with their " Division of Church and STATE"! Well, guess what?.. the momentum started decades ago.. and some political types USED some CHURCH biases to highjacked "Christianity"! Political biased lobbyists worked behind the scenes to completely re-interpreted it to suit their own needs ( Racism/Isolationism/promote KKK Ideology/ Marginalize women's Rights, Black Rights/ Immigrant Rights)

Hey< Is this not what ISIL did to Islam Religion? Yep.. Even in America.. Extremists views by the like of Bannonites and representatives like Roy Moore, who represent MAN's control ( much like Syria Law) to marginalize and hold hostage ALL who challenge them!

Unlike ISIL.. folks like Bannon and those he wants to instil into the working lawmakers to make laws to force women into submission.. and tell those lowly workers .. DO as I say.. OR WILL destroy you!! Claims using biblical quotes and inference are so FAR and AWAY from Christianity is simply OBSCENITY.. NOTHING that these radical extreme groups comes even close to TRUE Christianity.!!

I'm truly sickened.. but seeing the pushback > I'm heartened .. that GOOD will survive above such an evil movement within what was claimed to be a Country of "FREEDOM!!

How does it feel " Land of the Free" to have such HATE causing such damage's?? So much HATE ( while only a very low percentage of totality of Citizens) has caused so much DAMAGE!! This is not the 1950's.. but one would wonder given how Trump and his Crony's are proceeding that extremism has indeed divided not just the Country.. BUT alienated USA from the rest of the " FREE WORLD"!!! Nuclear Codes in the hands of Unstable and aberrant personal values sure should make Citizens FEAR!! Moore, is a disgusting example.. but he's only one example!!

Old 11-11-2017, 03:47 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I've been around so long that I actually recall when Evangelicals started to infiltrate Politics ( even tho Constitution tried to forbid it with their " Division of Church and STATE"! Well, guess what?.. the momentum started decades ago.. and some political types USED some CHURCH biases to highjacked "Christianity"! Political biased lobbyists worked behind the scenes to completely re-interpreted it to suit their own needs ( Racism/Isolationism/promote KKK Ideology/ Marginalize women's Rights, Black Rights/ Immigrant Rights)

Hey< Is this not what ISIL did to Islam Religion? Yep.. Even in America.. Extremists views by the like of Bannonites and representatives like Roy Moore, who represent MAN's control ( much like Syria Law) to marginalize and hold hostage ALL who challenge them!

Unlike ISIL.. folks like Bannon and those he wants to instil into the working lawmakers to make laws to force women into submission.. and tell those lowly workers .. DO as I say.. OR WILL destroy you!! Claims using biblical quotes and inference are so FAR and AWAY from Christianity is simply OBSCENITY.. NOTHING that these radical extreme groups comes even close to TRUE Christianity.!!

I'm truly sickened.. but seeing the pushback > I'm heartened .. that GOOD will survive above such an evil movement within what was claimed to be a Country of "FREEDOM!!

How does it feel " Land of the Free" to have such HATE causing such damage's?? So much HATE ( while only a very low percentage of totality of Citizens) has caused so much DAMAGE!! This is not the 1950's.. but one would wonder given how Trump and his Crony's are proceeding that extremism has indeed divided not just the Country.. BUT alienated USA from the rest of the " FREE WORLD"!!! Nuclear Codes in the hands of Unstable and aberrant personal values sure should make Citizens FEAR!! Moore, is a disgusting example.. but he's only one example!!
There’s hate on both sides of the aisle. I’m always suspicious when someone mentions “immigrant rights”. It usually means they are pro illegal alien.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:09 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Well - there's talk about trying to change the date of the special election next month - which is a sign of desperation coming from the Alabama GOP. Wonder why.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:24 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Oh boy. Confirmation from people who worked with him that he dated high school girls when working as and assistant DA.

“It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird,” former Deputy DA Theresa Jones reportedly told CNN. “We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/eve...-school-girls/
I wonder what the cons here will do to deny this one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies