Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 10:01 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
They put party above everything. Morality, religion, basic decency, etc. All for the "greater good" of course. One question I'd like to ask of these bible thumping peckerwoods: would you sell your soul to the devil for the greater good?
They have become desperate. First of all, a hornets nest was stirred up by the LGBT progress that happened under Obama. So much changed so quickly that it shocked rural America. I remember how everybody went ballistic after the SCOTUS decision on same-sex marriage when Obama lit the White House up rainbow.

The religious right knows it's now or never in terms of imposing their agenda on the country. They know demographics aren't on their side. That's why they are willing to support flawed candidates like Trump and Moore. If they wait 10 years, they know they will have no chance at overturning Roe v Wade, Obergefell v Hodges, etc.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:01 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He NEVER admitted to molesting a 14-year-old.

Don't you ever get tired of being called on your lies?
See post 1860. I'm not going to run around in circles with you.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Let's review this lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You are defending a man who basically admitted he did what he's accused of, then tried to walk it back. You have no leg to stand on here and I believe even you know it.
Here is the WaPo transcript of the Hannity interview:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.efb6c3d1913e

Here is the exact quote from Moore about the molestation accusation:

Quote:
MOORE: I don't know Miss Corfman from anybody. I never talked to her or never had any contact with her. Allegations of sexual misconduct with her are completely false.
You'd think Jams14 would realize how easy it is to prove his posts are LIES, but apparently, he wants me to point it out.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
But not to worry, *if* he did do it - and now he doesn't recall doing it - he definitely got their parents permission first, of course! Because somehow that makes it OK I guess?
See post above.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:06 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
See post above.
What exactly would you expect him to say: "Whoops! You got me! I like to fondle children! Dang!"

No, you would expect some sort of equivocating defense, in his case a poor and self contradictory one.

LMAO

Old 11-13-2017, 10:08 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
But not to worry, *if* he did do it - and now he doesn't recall doing it - he definitely got their parents permission first, of course! Because somehow that makes it OK I guess?
Sociopathic lines of defense: I didn't do it, and even if I did it wasn't wrong, and even if it was wrong I had permission, and if I didn't have permission it wasn't that bad, and even if it was bad she deserved it and even if she may not have deserved some other guys did something similar, so actually I'm the victim here.

Parental permission is novel, I admit. I'm really learning a lot about Alabama family values.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
What exactly would you expect him to say: "Whoops! You got me! I like to fondle children! Dang!"

No, you would expect some sort of equivocating defense, in his case a poor and self contradictory one.

LMAO
You're free to assume he is guilty because of a single accusation with no evidence to bolster it all you'd like.

Is "guilty until proven innocent" your general stance or just when it's a Republican?

Old 11-13-2017, 10:10 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:

LMAO
You don't find it odd that a man in his 30's has to get parents permission to date their daughter?

Old 11-13-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Sociopathic lines of defense: I didn't do it, and even if I did it wasn't wrong, and even if it was wrong I had permission, and if I didn't have permission it wasn't that bad, and even if it was bad she deserved it and even if she may not have deserved some other guys did something similar, so actually I'm the victim here.

Parental permission is novel, I admit. I'm really learning a lot about Alabama family values.
You should actually take the time to read the transcript instead of just making things up.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:12 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
MOORE: "No but I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go out on dates then we did. But I do not remember that."

---lol

MOORE: "No. Because in this county is a dry county. We would never would have had liquor."

---LMAO

HANNITY: "But you don't specifically remember having any girlfriend that was in her late teens even at that time?"

MOORE: "I don't remember that and I don't remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother. And I think in her statement she said that her mother actually encouraged her to go out with me."

---Doesn't remember dating her but her mother encouraged her to go out with him... oook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies