Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 06:28 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,143,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You think he was impeached over him being nearly 50 and shoving a cigar into a 21-year-old intern that worked for him?

News flash - it was because he committed perjury.
It was consensual sex between two adults and the world went crazy

He was called all sorts of names and Monica Lewis My is now the most famous side chick of all time.

Now why are people defending a pedophile is beyond my comprehension. It’s disgusting how people are trying really hard to point blame elsewhere instead of at Moore

Old 11-14-2017, 06:29 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,627,871 times
Just as I thought - righties are unable to come up with sitting high government officials at the level of Nixon, Reagan (more convicted in his admin than any in history), Newt and a couple of the other Speakers (couldn't keep it in their pants), etc.

Then there is GW Bush....

No doubt Dems are corrupt also, People are corrupt - human beings. The difference here is that actual history, not opinion or partisan bickering, shows both the crimes and immorality of the GOP when they are seated being FAR in excess of that of the Dems.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:43 AM

30,024 posts, read 11,616,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
pedro is right, clinton was impeached for perjury, no one cares that he had sex with an intern.

but what amazes me is that when a woman makes an allegation of sexual impropriety, she is believed, but when a man makes an allegation he is usually not believed.
I am curious what men have come forward with claims of women sexually assaulting them that were not believed? I do recall women that have been charged and convicted of sex with their male students. Some of which were about the same age that Moore's alleged victims.

Moore is his own worst enemy with all this. I personally did not believe the women until he went on Hannity and admitted dating teenage girls when he was a DA in his 30's. That opened the door in my mind that this could be more than just a smear campaign against a totally innocent man.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:44 AM

8,307 posts, read 3,897,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
They've lost any credibility they've had regarding "moral issues"

How can anyone take them serious when they go preach about morals and values. I doubt few will buy their fake outrage over affairs to "immoral behavior"

What a joke, they have exposed themselves as charlatans who merely use religion to further a political cause.
Since the days of the Moral Majority, they've had very little credibility; and let's face it, they have been used as pawns of the far Right Nationalists and neo-fascists seeking power over the last 40 years. People like Trump and Bannon could not care less about the "Christian" agenda.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:45 AM

33,508 posts, read 18,072,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You think Bill Clinton's indiscretions were ignored? Seriously? Were you around in the 90s?

These women have nothing to gain and everything to lose by coming forward now. You think they are hoping to receive death threats?

Maybe they see what president p-grabber got away with, and it gave them the nerve to speak up against this holy rolling pervert.
Didn't make a difference to the left... they wanted to put Bill Clinton back into the White House.. the two for one deal.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,595,623 times
anyone supporting this dude out of party loyalty...

you got serious issues.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:47 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,645,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Who told ya that?

Newt Gingrich?
Rudy Giuliani?
Mark Sanford?
Ted Haggard?
Bob Packwood?
Dennis Hastert?
Donald Trump?
Spiro Agnew?
Richard Nixon?
Etc., etc., etc. ?

Which of those allegedly highly moral people is your example?
Bill Clinton taught us about morality. He set the tone for the country.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:47 AM

8,307 posts, read 3,897,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Just as I thought - righties are unable to come up with sitting high government officials at the level of Nixon, Reagan (more convicted in his admin than any in history), Newt and a couple of the other Speakers (couldn't keep it in their pants), etc.

Then there is GW Bush....

No doubt Dems are corrupt also, People are corrupt - human beings. The difference here is that actual history, not opinion or partisan bickering, shows both the crimes and immorality of the GOP when they are seated being FAR in excess of that of the Dems.
There ya go again with that "actual history" stuff. The right understands that it is more effective to spin and twist and divert, to throw up a Twitter-screen of nonsense to keep bedazzling the base.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:52 AM

5,090 posts, read 2,025,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
For those who say American is morally bankrupt today, I wonder why would they say that. Oh wait maybe it's because of rapists like Roy Moore, and the supposedly morally superior people who keep defending him.........
Looks like the times Salon.com had once posted pro-pedophile articles on their website now looks like centuries ago.
DISGUSTING: Salon Goes Back to the Pro-Pedophile Well (UPDATE)
FRAUDS: Salon Removes Old Articles That Tried to Justify Pedophilia
“I’m not a monster”: A pedophile on attraction, love and a life of loneliness - Salon.com

If and it's a very big "if", Roy Moore was a liberal, would Salon.com had supported him?

Old 11-14-2017, 06:52 AM

45,113 posts, read 60,202,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It did matter for Bill Clinton. He was freaking impeached for having sex with an intern for crying out loud.
No, he was impeached for lying under oath.

Why can't you guys ever tell the truth about that.

Had he just said, "Well yeah, she and I had a thing" he would have been hammered a bit but there would have been no impeachment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies