Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 02:55 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Read the article, and get back to us.

The article details Moore having sexual relations with minors, which is statutory rape. At no point does the article indicate that there was no rape.

Also, love the "Moore is sexually abusing minors, not raping them" argument. Good luck with that...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...4a0_story.html

"She says that Moore drove her back to the same house after dark, and that before long she was lying on a blanket on the floor. She remembers Moore disappearing into another room and coming out with nothing on but “tight white” underwear.
She remembers that Moore kissed her, that he took off her pants and shirt, and that he touched her through her bra and underpants. She says that he guided her hand to his underwear and that she yanked her hand back.
“I wasn’t ready for that — I had never put my hand on a man’s penis, much less an erect one,” Corfman says.
She remembers thinking, “I don’t want to do this” and “I need to get out of here.” She says that she got dressed and asked Moore to take her home, and that he did.
The legal age of consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16. Under Alabama law in 1979, and today, a person who is at least 19 years old who has sexual contact with someone between 12 and 16 years old has committed sexual abuse in the second degree. Sexual contact is defined as touching of sexual or intimate parts. The crime is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail"

"
Of the four women, the youngest at the time was Corfman, who is the only one who says she had sexual contact with Moore that went beyond kissing. She says they did not have intercourse."

"Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact."

Rape is intercourse..simple as that..sorry you seem to think that my drive for accuracy is a defense of Moore's actions..it is not.

The TOS prevent me from responding to you as I might be inclined.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:56 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,193,482 times
Sick **** if true. All of the filth in that makes up our politicians and entertainment industry need to keep getting exposed.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:56 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Like Josh Duggar?
No, like Harvey Weinstein. Class A bible thumper.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:57 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Why do so many on the left consider him as guilty? There is a process, I though those on the left like that process?

Old 11-09-2017, 03:00 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
HOw many accused trump?
At least 16, if I recall.

Quote:
Why would this happen now? He's been in a place of governmental position for many years.
Same reason many other women these days are coming out with allegations of sexual misconduct years or decades after the events.

Quote:
So, are you saying he is guilty, done end of story?
Innocent until proven guilty, of course. But when you have multiple women accusing a guy of the same thing, the burden of evidence seems to be that the guy has issues with sexual misconduct.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Well well well, looks like more than one woman now.

But I'm sure they're all lying, right?

Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter with a 14-years-old girl - Business Insider
The other women are claiming he kissed them, and they were all over age

OOH THE HORRORS.. He kissed a female..

Old 11-09-2017, 03:02 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I'm sorry, but the news media should not be running stories of alleged sexual assault from 1979 when there is zero corroborating evidence to support. If true, then of course Moore should step down, but someone should not be able to conveniently come out of the woodwork decades after an alleged incident when there is no way in hell such allegations can be proven.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:02 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The other women are claiming he kissed them, and they were all over age

OOH THE HORRORS.. He kissed a female..
A 30-something guy kissing teenagers (even if above age of consent) against their will is still a sexual attack, even if a lesser one.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:03 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Maybe she was just one of those "children (who) wander aimlessly poisoned by cocaine, choosing to indulge their lusts, when God has said abstain", as Moore wrote in a poem. America the Beautiful, by Judge Roy Moore

Old 11-09-2017, 03:04 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have a problem believing people when they makes claims that something happened decades ago and cannot provide factual proof to prove their claim. Anyone can make claims, but that does not make it true. Not saying her claim is untrue, but if she wanted justice she should have reported it then. The statute of limitations has run out so what would the motive be to bring it up now?
Well, what do you have in mind in terms of "factual proof"?

A fourteen year old who is molested years ago is unlikely to have photographs, credit card receipts, and fingerprints.

I understand there are issues of proof. I can't stand Roy Moore, but I don't want him or anyone else destroyed based on "trumped up charges" (forgive the unintended pun). However, one has to be realistic. I think what I would look for in a case like this is the detail in the story given to be by the victim. Do the details add up? Do they match what is already known? Does she describe a place and a city where the alleged perpetrator was living at the time? Did she tell anyone else about what happened before she went to the media?

The motive for bringing this up would be to expose a felon. Statutory rape is a felony. Its all the more important if the felon is running for public office.

I admit this is something I would have to hear more about before forming conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies