Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 06:59 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This is not Christianity. Rather, it is an extreme Republican religionism that stands by party and regressive policy no matter what. It's not the gospel of Christ, but a gospel of greed. It is the religion of racism and lies, not the religion of redemption and love.

In short, Moore's political agenda presents a credible threat to millions of vulnerable people in America. Yet Moore claims to be the moral and Christian candidate, using religion as U.S. slave masters did before him to justify actions which fly in the face of Christ's teachings.

Like segregationists, Moore imagines the struggle for equality in America as a story of loss. At a revival meeting earlier this week, Moore complained that he was being persecuted. He also lamented the fact that the courts took prayer out of schools in 1962 and made a cryptic and confusing reference to "new rights" created in 1965, the year the Voting Rights Act was signed. Some members of the congregation responded, "Amen!"

What is happening right now in Alabama matters for the soul of the nation. Anyone who has any influence must help blacks, progressive whites, and Latinos; gay and straight; Christians, Muslims, Jews, and all who want to move our country forward to get out and vote. This is no time to retreat or remain idle. We must stand up for truth in the public square and reclaim our political and faith traditions which have been hijacked.

The unbearable hypocrisy of Roy Moore's Christian rhetoric
Excellent post. The Roy Moore's of the world have hijacked Christianity as it was taught to me for their own greed. The Governor of Alabama has stated she doesn't doubt the women but will vote for him anyway. How they can make excuses for pain caused to anyone, especially children is beyond me.

I bolded a few things and I can only hope they open the bibles they tout and do some soul searching. The answers are all there;

Matthew 25:45 (NCV) "Then the King will answer, 'I tell you the truth, anything you refused to do for even the least of my people here, you refused to do for me.'

Last edited by motownnative; 11-18-2017 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 11-18-2017, 07:03 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I searched it yesterday and found it on Breitbart. Snopes has written about it now.
Hey! If I can't go to Wiki, you can't go to Snopes.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:09 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
35 years ago you were twelve years old. Are you sure you fully understood the adult world of that time?

35 years ago I was 35. I lived in the Upper South, in a mid-sized city's suburbs - and I can assure you that cars may not have been locked at all times, but no one deliberately left the keys in the ignition. Doors were locked at night and when residents were away from home. If you were in the house or yard, doors might have been open - but common sense prevailed, then as now.

It was not Mayberry and never was.
Yeah, maybe it’s also like how we hear about how much danger kids are in as they might be kidnapped at any second, etc. with all the fun accompanying it where CPS gets called on people and parents are afraid, etc. Studies and statistics show we’re actually lower than times like the 70s and 80s, but it just seems huge since we now have 24 hr news, Internet, etc. and you hear about it more when it does happen.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:10 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Hey! If I can't go to Wiki, you can't go to Snopes.
But I’m waiting on a Soros payment and I get bonuses for each link I post. Mama needs moneyz.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:46 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
But I’m waiting on a Soros payment and I get bonuses for each link I post. Mama needs moneyz.
Funny thing is back in the days of usenet I was a big snopes fan and frequent poster on alt.folklore.urban

Old 11-18-2017, 07:55 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Default This just in.

Alabama pastor supporting Moore: 'More women are sexual predators than men'

More women are sexual predators than men," Pastor Franklin Raddish told AL.com. "Women are chasing young boys up and down the road, but we don't hear about that because it's not PC."

Yeah because women are the reason there is sin in the world.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:57 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:

More women are sexual predators than men," Pastor Franklin Raddish told AL.com. "Women are chasing young boys up and down the road, but we don't hear about that because it's not PC."

Yeah because women are the reason there is sin in the world.
If Eve had just left that damn apple alone and stopped talking to snakes!

Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
If Eve had just left that damn apple alone and stopped talking to snakes!

Biblically speaking she was framed that's a story for another time and place.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:18 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Biblically speaking she was framed that's a story for another time and place.
Yeah pretty disappointed in Adam throwing all the blame at Eve.

Anyway, I hope they get some clarity on exactly what Moore did and did not do 40 years ago.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:12 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,046,900 times
I'm a catholic and believe in God. These bible trumpers such as Moore hide behind their so called religion. These people aren't religious at all. They are just users and abusers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies