Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 07:35 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Biden hugs, but doesn’t fondle breasts or expose himself!
Why is that even in question ?

Wrong is wrong.

This thread is about Moore. There can be a lot mo(o)re about other offenders, I don't doubt.

But either some people are deflecting or they need to choose : justice, whatever party, whatever sympathy OR partisanship.

Choose.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:37 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
Biden hugs, but doesn’t fondle breasts or expose himself!
Biden did appear to fondle breasts or come close to it in those videos.

I think the two serious claims against Moore are dubious. The yearbook appears to be a forgery with two different writing styles. It appears that accuser thought Moore added DA when he signed stuff, based on her divorce paperwork that had DA on it, but that was his assistant's initials. He also wasn't the district attorney at the time, and I don't think it is likely he would have included his occupation and location of the restaurant if he had signed it. The signature also has Christmas 1977 and then a specific date below in the different writing style. Why would Moore date it is twice.

Also, why would the girl have a yearbook at a restaurant in December? Yearbooks come out in the spring.

His attorney made a reasonable request that her attorney release the yearbook so that handwriting experts can examine it and the ink, but Gloria Allred has refused to do so. I think reasonable and fair person can dismiss that accusation as not credible given this.

The yearbook accuser said that Moore locked her in his car, but there weren't any child locks in cars in the late 70s. I've seen other people say that the BBQ restaurant didn't have a parking lot behind it but she said that he took her to a parking lot behind the restaurant.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-19-2017 at 07:47 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 07:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Not anymore. The media has been all over Bill Clinton these last few days. About time IMO.
George W. Bush may be old but there was an accusation last week from a woman for the same butt grab many years ago before he was old and infirm. He hasn’t changed. I think he is really getting a pass from the media, undeservedly so.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Biden did appear to fondle breasts or come close to it in those videos.

I think the two serious claims against Moore are dubious. The yearbook appears to be a forgery with two different writing styles. It appears that accuser thought Moore added DA when he signed stuff, based on her divorce paperwork that had DA on it, but that was his assistant's initials. He also wasn't the district attorney at the time, and I don't think it is likely he would have included his occupation and location of the restaurant if he had signed it. The signature also has Christmas 1977 and then a specific date below in the different writing style. Why would Moore date it is twice.

Also, why would the girl have a yearbook at a restaurant in December? Yearbooks come out in the spring.

His attorney made a reasonable request that her attorney release the yearbook so that handwriting experts can examine it and the ink, but Gloria Allred has refused to do so. I think reasonable and fair person can dismiss that accusation as not credible given this.

The yearbook accuser said that Moore locked her in his car, but there weren't any child locks in cars in the late 70s. I've seen other people say that the BBQ restaurant didn't have a parking lot behind it but she said that he took her to a parking lot behind the restaurant.
As far as Biden “coming close” to fondling breasts—close only counts in horseshoes! You Moore supporters are desperate.

He could have reached across her and pushed down the push lock on the inside of the door. No excuse!

Why should Allred help that lying scum, Moore, by giving him the yearbook. Who are these “other people” who supposedly knew about the parking lot?

Old 11-19-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Not anymore. The media has been all over Bill Clinton these last few days. About time IMO.
Bill Clinton was impeached and villified in the media at the time. Everything about Hillary being furious with him and a breakup predicted was covered. Clinton has served his time. Roy Moore has gotten away with everything. Even Alabama’s ignorant governor has given him a pass.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
New Roy Moore info: Another former Police Officer and a mall store manager speaking out and giving their names....

A former police officer in the Alabama county where Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) worked as an assistant district attorney said the stories about Moore being interested in young girls were treated “like a joke.”
“It was a known fact: Roy Moore liked young girls,” Faye Gary, a retired Gadsden police officer, told The New York Times.
“It was treated like a joke. That’s just the way it was.”

<skip>
And Glenn Day, who managed two stores at the mall at the time, said security had asked him to let them know if Moore was at the mall.
“I can’t believe there’s such an outcry now about something everybody knew,” Day said to the Times

Retired Alabama officer: Roy Moore rumors treated 'like a joke' | TheHill

Old 11-19-2017, 09:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,736,838 times
What I find incredibly disgusting are the people believe that Moore is guilty, but are more worried about having a democratic in office.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:07 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
As far as Biden “coming close” to fondling breasts—close only counts in horseshoes! You Moore supporters are desperate.

He could have reached across her and pushed down the push lock on the inside of the door. No excuse!

Why should Allred help that lying scum, Moore, by giving him the yearbook. Who are these “other people” who supposedly knew about the parking lot?
That's a funny question given all the accusations against Moore by anonymous people.

Allred would be helping her client, if the accusations are true, by giving the yearbook to a neutral custodian so that experts could examine the handwriting and the ink. She's damaged her client's case, if the client is being truthful, by not doing so.

I don't think any fair and reasonable person thinks it is probable that Moore wrote in two different handwriting styles, and included DA when he was not a DA. It is also hard to believe that he would try to rape a girl in that parking lot if he had signed her yearbook and included the restaurant name. He would have tied himself to the scene of the crime.

And as I pointed out, it is odd that a girl would have a yearbook in December rather than in the spring. That gives credence to the belief this is a smear and the smear artist forgot yearbooks are issued in the spring, not December. They were probably thinking they are issued end of the year and the end of the year is December but the end of the school year is May.

I also think that is highly improbable that a deputy district attorney was a big man around town. He probably wasn't paid very much.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:01 PM

736 posts, read 455,805 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g51EyoneQeI

Old 11-19-2017, 10:54 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
The country voted for a known philanderer and Playboy sexual assaulter. Roy Moore winning in Alabama should be no surprise. I think this is who evangelicals really are and like .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.