Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 10:36 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
If you lean right on some issues, left on others, you still are going to vote for certain candidates. You are going to be just as partisan for candidates that line up best with your views.

Nobody is saying htey would rather have a pedophile than a Democrat. That is a smear based in your partisanship that you claim you don't have.
What certain candidates? I didn't vote for Trump OR Clinton. Partisan lies more in where people, for example, always choose the R or D regardless of what the person actually does or says, since they don't really look into it all that much. I admit I'd be hard pressed to want to vote at all between the 2 choices.

It may have been a troll, but yes, someone sent out a Twitter tweet saying just that. I need to find it again. I didn't get that idea out of thin air. Other Republicans, including officials, have echoed this sentiment. Here's one:

"After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."

All the Appalling Ways Republicans Are Defending Roy Moore

ETA: Found it: "I'd rather have a pedophile in office rather than a democrat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Pedophiles only screw kids while democrats screw everyone."

https://twitter.com/CarrollBryant/st...63150820642816

It's the statements like this that alarm me the most. What these other people are saying.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
It can't be said that I haven't looked into the accusations. I've been posting and talking a lot about them.

I agree that no Republican has a duty to vote for Doug Jones because of allegations.

It is about the seat staying Republican, not Roy Moore. If Roy is truly guilty, he can be replaced by the Senate, or he can be primaried in a couple of years. We vote for politicians to represent our views on issues.

I note again that your unstated premise is abortion isn't immoral. I don't think you have any business being holier than thou if you support abortion or Doug Jones. If you care about kids, you don't support babies being crushed in the womb for convenience.

Doug Jones is admitting that is ok with babies having their brains crushed in. Moore is denying the allegations of sexual misconduct.

There is no way to corroborate who you voted for. I would be pretty surprised if you are not a Democratic voter.

I don't think one bad joke represents most Republican voters. Using that logic, I can say Bill Clinton or Al Franken represents every Democratic voter.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-20-2017 at 10:47 PM..

Old 11-20-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
It can't be said that I haven't looked into the accusations. I've been posting and talking a lot about them.

I agree that no Republican has a duty to vote for Doug Jones because of allegations.

It is about the seat staying Republican, not Roy Moore. If Roy is truly guilty, he can be replaced by the Senate, or he can be primaried in a couple of years. We vote for politicians to represent our views on issues.

I note again that your unstated premise is abortion isn't immoral. I don't think you have any business being holier than thou if you support abortion or Doug Jones. If you care about kids, you don't support babies being crushed in the womb for convenience.
No, that's not my premise. If you know a way to make it illegal without all of the additional problems (See: Prohibition and, well, the history of abortion itself), that's one thing to believe in. If there was also support for birth control to help lessen the need for abortions, as well as education, that's another. Republicans seem to be against those measures. And note that I am not a member of the Democrat party, so it's not like I believe in their platform. I'm still trying to figure out the nuances of what I think the answer should be. You're still trying to fit people into the partisan boxes.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:49 PM

Bill Clinton took a lot of flights on a pedophile's plane. Bill Clinton Silent About Epstein Plane | The Daily Caller

Old 11-20-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
No, that's not my premise. If you know a way to make it illegal without all of the additional problems (See: Prohibition and, well, the history of abortion itself), that's one thing to believe in. If there was also support for birth control to help lessen the need for abortions, as well as education, that's another. Republicans seem to be against those measures. And note that I am not a member of the Democrat party, so it's not like I believe in their platform. I'm still trying to figure out the nuances of what I think the answer should be.
What crimes have been eliminated 100 percent with laws? By your logic, there shouldn't be laws against rape and sexual assault because some people still commit those crimes.

You can't blame Republicans for individual's decisions to abort their kids. That fact that you do demonstrates you have a partisanship and ideology.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
What crimes have been eliminated 100 percent with laws? By your logic, there shouldn't be laws against rape and sexual assault because some people still commit those crimes.
That's true. I'm still figuring this out, as I said. I would never tell anyone to have an abortion. I never plan on having one myself. I hate the idea of it.

Blame Republicans? That doesn't make sense in this context. I wish they would embrace the idea that education and other things like birth control would help achieve the outcome they want. I'm bored with discussing this now, though, because you seem determined to somehow prove I'm a Democrat, even though, for example, I've only voted for conservatives for president, when I did bother to vote. I've been apathetic for a while since I'm tired of both the R and the D parties. We need new ones.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:10 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Did anyone mention this latest info by a witness

Gloria Allred was lying and so was the national media. From the report:

1.) The Olde Hickory House required employees to be at least 16. Beverly Nelson claims she was 15 when she started.
2.) The restaurants dumpsters were on the side of the building and not in back as Nelson claimed.
3.) A former employee says the restaurant NEVER closed at 11 PM as Nelson claimed and at midnight on most nights.
4.) Customers at the counter were served by the bartender or cook and not by any waitress.

5.) The witnesses claim they have shared this information with several news outlets but they have refused to report the truth!

Rhonda Ledbetter, who worked at the restaurant at the time, hesitated come forward but she said, “As a moral and ethical person,” she had to come forward. Rhonda said she never remembered ANYONE come into the restaurant in a suit and that Roy Moore NEVER came into the restaurant.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 PM

Now Yearbook Waitress's ex boyfriend comes forward to offer his opinion based on knowledge of her personally years ago around that time. Interestingly he said she originally came from California - land of fruits and nuts. Well, that explains it then!

This guy is a minister who has worked with molested and raped women and children so he has a different perspective from working with many victims of sexual assault.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:35 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Sure he has purposely changed his signature over the years. Great way to cover your tracks. How about a link showing these signatures? These Al newspapers know a lot moore of what is true than you do.
The thing is, a signature or writing may alter some over time anyway as I had said, not only due to one's emotional or physical changes, but is affected by the surface writing on and the angle, the pen point's thin-ness or thickness.

This is all so ridiculous though, since the guy clearly had a problem, not having it be only one occurrence and with others having made statements regarding his behavior.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
This is all so ridiculous though, since the guy clearly had a problem, not having it be only one occurrence and with others having made statements regarding his behavior.
He met his wife and was attracted to her when she was underage. He didn't date her till years later. All the other women were of legal age and their own mothers encouraged them. The only two suspicious ones are the Yearbook Waitress whose story is falling apart by the minute and the alleged 14-yr old which is he said, she said forty years ago and which would never stand up in a court of law.

Do you think Gloria Allred is having her own handwriting analysis done before releasing the yearbook?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies