Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2017, 07:47 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Both of my parents grew up in the rural south. I still have relatives in Tennessee, Alabama, and Arkansas. And yes, people did, and still do, marry young in the south. But even 40 or 50 years ago if a 32 year old man was caught molesting a 14 year old girl, and that's exactly what Roy Moore did to Leigh Corfman, he would have been looking into the muzzle of a 12 gauge shotgun.
EXACTLY! Same here. For people not aware, in rural areas having a gun in your home is as common as a bible. He would have been run off the property even asking for a date at his age!

I am wondering too as he kept saying "mother's permission" if he was preying on girls from disadvantaged backgrounds who were poor and were being raised by single mother's. No father would have tolerated it! Being the DA he sure knew where the right side of the tracks and the wrong were. Sad to say, but the poor can be discredited in these situations easier too.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:51 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
I saw the interview with Leigh Corfman. She was credible. I believe her. You believe she's lying. That's on you. And as for Moore not having a 12 gauge leveled at him and run out of town (or worse) that's only because he wasn't caught. But now, as they say in the south, the chickens have come home to roost and it's time to pay the fiddler.

Who knows if she is lying? I'm saying make the case, charge him, is there a limit when she cannot charge?

Why come out now, when he been elected NUMEROUS times here in Alabama...

I cannot help it you play your own words....not my fault.

I've been in the south for 40+ years....never heard that, good try though...

Old 11-22-2017, 07:51 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who knows if she is lying? I'm saying make the case, charge him, is there a limit when she cannot charge?

chucksnee, I see you also are avoiding the question: Would you personally leave your teenage daughter or granddaughter alone in a room with Roy Moore for 2 hours?

Old 11-22-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
chucksnee, I see you also are avoiding the question: Would you personally leave your teenage daughter or granddaughter alone in a room with Roy Moore for 2 hours?

I would trust my daughter or granddaughter to slap the hell out of him (or anyone else for that matter) if they were in the same room for 2 hours and he tried something or any guy/person period.

I know your not going to like that answer, but it's the fact that there are to many inconsistencies in this, why now? He has been elected numerous times, why won't Gloria provide the book for authentication.

If he did it and it can be proven then throw him under the jail...along with anyone else.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:

Are you telling me you've never heard the expression "chickens have come home to roost"? Or "time to pay the fiddler"?

Old 11-22-2017, 07:56 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
I would trust my daughter or granddaughter to slap the hell out of him (or anyone else for that matter) if they were in the same room for 2 hours and he tried something or any guy/person period.
That doesn't answer the question.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:58 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
The mall manager says he does not remember...or did I miss read that?

And that's not what the poster stated, he said, run out of town...he was not matter a fact he was elected numerous times....
The former mall manager is 86 years old. My mom is around his age. There are lots of things she does not remember, things that she should still remember.

Countless people have stated he was banned from the mall and or stated he was a well known creep.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Are you telling me you've never heard the expression "chickens have come home to roost"? Or "time to pay the fiddler"?

Sure, but the way you stated it, it's said all the time and only in the south...which is another lie....

Old 11-22-2017, 07:59 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:

I know your not going to like that answer, but it's the fact that there are to many inconsistencies in this, why now? He has been elected numerous times, why won't Gloria provide the book for authentication.

If he did it and it can be proven then throw him under the jail...along with anyone else.
I agree that's it seems fishy that Allred won't release the yearbook. But that has nothing to do with Leigh Corfman.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:00 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
There is zero evidence that Roy Moore is a pedophile. And it is libelous to make that charge with no evidence.

As far as I know, there is no law against an older man dating a younger woman (even under 18) if they both agree to go out. Pedophilia has a specific meaning, and just seeing someone and going out isn't one of them. There is no evidence of any other "activity," only allegations, which have not been proven (and probably can't be). Allegations do not equal "evidence." You can't put someone in jail for something someone says they have done. There must be evidence or witnesses. The yearbook "signature" is not credible because his assistant's initials are included after his name. How did that happen? How was it that his assistant happened to initial that yearbook next to his name? Not one person has yet answered that question. It has just been ignored.
What do you consider asking a 14 year old girl to touch your d&&k?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies