Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2017, 01:13 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
On its face, it appears very odd, if not fishy.
i'm sincerely curious what exactly you find odd and/or fishy and how the point to forgery.

the fact that it was signed in december is odd but wouldn't be conducive to forgery ( just the opposite ). a forger would have picked a date similar to others in the book. from my own experience friends not attending my school signed my senior yearbook weeks, months and, in the case of my best friend, years after i received it.

Quote:
The other thing that really troubles me is the involvement of Ms. Allred.
i am not a fan of allred and definitely feel she is a political ambulance chaser but, that being said, i've never known her to present fraudulent evidence as factual.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The question there is whether a basis exists for a civil trial.
statute of limitations have long since expired on that.

moore may be opening himself up for a possible slander suit. his lawyer's sloppy cease-and-desist against the alabama newspaper was not a bright idea.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 11-23-2017 at 02:40 PM..

Old 11-23-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Unless you can provide something to back yourself up, I disagree.
sure, i could run down all the evidence provided but the best example is the "long-form" birth certificate release. when released polls showed republicans who believed in birtherism drop down to near 20% ( from 33% +) and then....... joe arpaio and the comically incompetent "cold case posse" claimed it was a forgery and belief in birtherism shot up among republicans to 40%. after that polls consistently showed 33-40% of republicans believing in some aspect of birtherism.

more proof was supplied and the conspiracy theory increased!

Quote:
And, the birther stuff was stupid anyway......just so you know....
no argument there, it's why i found it so fascinating.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
If that's true, both sides should arrange to have it done by a mutually agreed on expert.
that would be nice but i doubt either side is going to promote the idea. while it would give an age to the ink it wouldn't confirm the signature ( i'm thinking back to the birthers' response to the newspaper announcements. again, it just increased the conspiracy ).

Quote:
What I would really like to know is why Moore's assistant's initials are after his signature. There really is no other explanation imo....
ok, that's not honest. whether you believe it or not it's certainly feasible that the "DA" was moore overplaying his credentials as a deputy DA.

Quote:
.... than its a forgery and the person forging it was too stupid to understand what he/she was copying.
but that's it, it isn't a copy. the divorce paperwork "DA" ( which we know are the assistants initials ) is distinctly different from the yearbook "DA" and the yearbook signature lacks the large middle initial "S" that's on the divorce paperwork.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:54 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,904,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm sincerely curious what exactly you find odd and/or fishy and how the point to forgery.

the fact that it was signed in december is odd but wouldn't be conducive to forgery ( just the opposite ). a forger would have picked a date similar to others in the book. from my own experience friends not attending my school signed my senior yearbook weeks, months and, in the case of my best friend, years after i received it.

i am not a fan of allred and definitely feel she is a political ambulance chaser but, that being said, i've never known her to present fraudulent evidence as factual.
The date is odd, but what sticks out is how,the writing style completely shifts, within the message. (The sevens are not even done the same). Plus, the DA after his signature----could be Moore doing that. But more likely is that someone saw an old version of his secretary signing a document for him (she would put her initials after his name).

Old 11-23-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
The date is odd, but what sticks out is how,the writing style completely shifts, within the message. (The sevens are not even done the same).
yep, the date/7's are weird but, again, those are things that a competent forger wouldn't do ( and to pull off the long quote that proceeds the signature a forger would have to have been more than competent ).

Quote:
Plus, the DA after his signature----could be Moore doing that. But more likely is that someone saw an old version of his secretary signing a document for him (she would put her initials after his name).
as noted before, the "DA" are significantly different between the two documents and the yearbook doesn't have the large middle initial "S". if it was forged the source for the signature wouldn't have been the divorce paperwork.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:12 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Nothing in the Trump Dossier has been disproven. Some of it has in fact been confirmed. Though the more salacious allegations have not been confirmed...but they have not been disproved either.

Disagree....but here is what gets me...even you say, they have not been confirmed, but not dis-proven....

I think your a child molester....it's not confirmed, but not dis-proven....so how easy that is?

Quote:
Ink testing has a limited capability to prove dates...the composition can be determined and that sets the date after which the ink could have been manufactured. There is however no accurate means to tell how old an ink sample is. The best art around can do some ball point pen inks up to 5 years old...but that is about it.
So, you think the ink is the same today as it was 30+ years ago?

Quote:
The handwriting analysis is art not science. That says you can likely find experts on either side of the question.

Of course, however, there are companies that have built their reputation on validating signatures...are they wrong?

Old 11-23-2017, 03:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Nothing in the Trump Dossier has been disproven. Some of it has in fact been confirmed. Though the more salacious allegations have not been confirmed...but they have not been disproved either.
Can you tell us which parts have been confirmed? Please do.

Quote:
Ink testing has a limited capability to prove dates...the composition can be determined and that sets the date after which the ink could have been manufactured. There is however no accurate means to tell how old an ink sample is. The best art around can do some ball point pen inks up to 5 years old...but that is about it.
Are you a forensic expert? Where did you get this info? Care to post a link?

Quote:
The handwriting analysis is art not science. That says you can likely find experts on either side of the question.
Really? And I suppose you do that too? It's pretty obvious even to the casual observer that the handwriting does not match Roy Moore's signature. It was a poor attempt at forgery.

Can you tell us how his assistant managed to initial that signature, just as she did in Court documents? Was his assistant with him? And why would she place her initials after his signature in a yearbook entry? For what purpose? Nobody yet has answered that question. You are all just ignoring it.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:25 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post

as noted before, the "DA" are significantly different between the two documents and the yearbook doesn't have the large middle initial "S". if it was forged the source for the signature wouldn't have been the divorce paperwork.
Can you answer the question, why would his assistants initials appear in the yearbook after his signature? That is a huge tip off that it is fake.

Old 11-23-2017, 03:27 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Can you tell us which parts have been confirmed? Please do.

Are you a forensic expert? Where did you get this info? Care to post a link?

Really? And I suppose you do that too? It's pretty obvious even to the casual observer that the handwriting does not match Roy Moore's signature. It was a poor attempt at forgery.

Can you tell us how his assistant managed to initial that signature, just as she did in Court documents? Was his assistant with him? And why would she place her initials after his signature in a yearbook entry? For what purpose? Nobody yet has answered that question. You are all just ignoring it.
You are ignoring that there are 2 possible reasons. DA could be district attorney (yes, I realize deputy, etc. Do you really think he wouldn’t possibly inflate his status a little to a pretty teen who may not know about a lower position called deputy) and his later assistant happened to have the same initials. You have been presented with the possible inconsistencies (no middle S and DA looks different from the divorce one) So it’s complicated a bit because of the two possibilities, but it’s disingenuous to act as if not a single soul has noticed the assistant’s signature possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies