Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 05:50 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,120 times

Advertisements

This is the type of story that tends to backfire. I think it will only serve to galvanize support for Moore. Despite the boat loads of false allegations during the 2016 election, AL gave Trump a landslide victory over Hillary. I expect the same result for Moore.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:50 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yeah, what's the worst that can happen if we always automatically believe with no proof?

It's not like someone is going to falsely accuse the Duke Lacrosse team and destroy there lives. Can we both agree that nothing like that would ever happen? (Sarcasm off)
Nobody is asking anybody to believe without proof. Where did you read that?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The one thing that troubles me most about these accusations of twenty years or more is why weren't they addressed at the time of the incident? The police are well aware of how human memory works and strive to questioned witnesses as soon as possible. All these vintage charges seem to aimed at those in high office or top money.
Perhaps their memories have been stirred by the scent of greenbacks.
Oh I dunno...maybe because Roy Moore was a county prosecutor at the time?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:51 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
He is innocent until proven guilty, repeat Innocent until proven guilty.

Just like Harvey Weinstein and other people in Hollywood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Is there a link to the "evidence" or to people who claim she told them he assaulted her?

What do you want- the rape kit? Samples of his dna on her dress? How much evidence do you personally need?

An allegation was made by a woman who claimed that a 30 year old man raped her when she was 14. Apparently she told people about it at the time that it allegedly happened. What does Mr. Moore have say about why he as a grown man was dating an underage girl and is what his side of the story
about the incident?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:53 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The one thing that troubles me most about these accusations of twenty years or more is why weren't they addressed at the time of the incident? The police are well aware of how human memory works and strive to questioned witnesses as soon as possible. All these vintage charges seem to aimed at those in high office or top money.
Perhaps their memories have been stirred by the scent of greenbacks.

So you think all these people who have come forward are being paid off or are lying?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:56 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It's Alabama. They won't care.
You’re right. They won’t care. I’m willing to say there are a lot of families there who have a child-molesting uncle that they have kept hidden because they want everybody to think they have a nice family.

Remember when Josh Duggar was reported to have molested his siblings? All the Bible thumpers came out with all barrels blazing in his defense? Then after it was discovered that he was cheating on his wife all the thumpers went away quietly? These “religious” people are not bothered by child molestation but adultery drives them bonkers. SAD!

Beware of all those who wear their religion on their sleeve. The louder they are the worse they are. They’ve often traded one compulsion for another.

Moore is going to be unremarkable and useless. If that’s what Alabama wants so be it. If it’s not Moore they’ll just send another nut. I don’t see too many Senators inviting him to any functions where there might be underage females. I think they’re going to avoid him like the plague.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:57 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Roy Moore Sexual Misconduct Allegations Shouldn

The National Review tells Conservatives:
"Even before today’s allegations, he was unfit to be a United States senator. Now the question is whether he’s dangerous, unfit, and vile. The Alabama GOP options for replacing him on the ballot are limited, at best. It’s time to consider a write-in challenge, and if he wins the election, the Senate should consider expelling him from the body. He does not belong in American government"

Old 11-09-2017, 05:57 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Wapo isn't gonna publish this without going through stringent steps of confirmation. This report is credible.
Maybe I missed it... how is it credible? If it is credible, why hide the reason it is credible ?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:59 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
So there are 4 women who are accusing Moore of sexual misconduct way back when?

Old 11-09-2017, 06:04 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So there are 4 women who are accusing Moore of sexual misconduct way back when?

Four, so far...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies